A Sorrow of a Lifetime

A Sorrow of a Lifetime

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 21:46

A black haired girl sat there. In her hands, she held her journal, Memories of a Lifetime and she was busy writing, or so it seemed.

The soft breeze was flowing through her hair, and her brown eyes, were a lighter shade today.

The grass below her was soft, and the lake ahead was just the same as ever - beautiful and soothing.

She wasn’t expecting someone, but perhaps, someone would find her sitting there?

Re: A Sorrow of a Lifetime

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 23:15

'About time.' Indiana thought, placing the black marker away before he looked at the finished crossword puzzle that he had been working on during his mindless wandering around the lake. The cool breeze relaxed the tension in his mind and Indiana decided to head back when he noticed a familiar girl in Gryffindor robes.

"Jasmeet?" Indiana called out.

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 23:37

Jasmeet looked around and realised that she hadn't been alone. She managed a smile, pushing all her sorrows away, "Hey Indiana. Haven't seen you in awhile. How are you?"

She looked down at her journal, reading what she had written, but the blank page looked up at her. Sighing, she closed it, to look at where the Hufflepuff boy was sitting.

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 23:44

"It's been some time, I agree. I'm just tired from all of the examinations. Hopefully, I did well to pass." Indiana replied as he placed the newspaper with the finished crossword puzzle away before sitting in a seiza position on the grass.

"How have you been doing lately?" Indiana asked kindly as he removed a tin before opening it. "Want some ginger snaps? Samantha made them."

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 00:20

She smiled before shaking her head, "No thankyou. I’m sure you went well," and with that, she turned to look at the lake once more.

"Beautiful, isn't it? You can always count on it whenever you're alone" she muttered slowly, and then stopped. Had she said too much? I hope not

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 00:35

Indiana nodded, taking a ginger snap out and munched on it before he closed the tin and placed it away.

"Indeed." the youth replied. There was a lot more than what Jasmeet was saying but Indiana wasn't sure on whether or not he should pry into her issues, despite sensing that there was more than indicated.

He picked up a small rock and threw it into the lake, watching ripples move from the impact in the water.

"Sometimes, a chaotic event like that erupts and leaves waves in its wake. But after a while, the waves diminish and the waters calm down, returning to a state of peace as though nothing had happened."

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 00:48

She slowly nodded, "But what if once the waves diminish and everything calms down, but the chaotic event comes back again and again?" she piped.

Jasmeet really wasn’t sure what had overcome her, but she needed to know the answer to that question, because that’s exactly what was happening with her.

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 01:07

"The water continues in a repetitive cycle, calming over once the aftershocks cease. Some things can be changed and some things are beyond reach to be changed." Indiana replied. "Events happen indiscriminately and without warning. People can lose so much in life. But even so, there are those that continue striving on hope for a better tomorrow, despite whatever had been lost."

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 01:36

"And what if you want those things to change? And what if you don’t live for the tomorrow for yourself but someone else?" she stopped, her voice slightly breaking.

She took in a breath, waiting. She wasn't sure what she was waiting for, "And what if you only just lose?"

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 02:48

Indiana looked at the waters of the lake, sensing Jasmeet's melancholy.

"I too wish that some things that were beyond my control could be changed for the better." he sighed while gripping the watch on his left wrist, one of the last reminders of those close to him that had passed away. "You live on for yourself and you choose your own path on your own volition. In the end, no matter what others say, you forge your own destiny."

Indiana gazed out on the waters of the lake. "And what if you only just lose? Well, that's just the same as willingly accepting defeat and despair, almost like freely giving up on life itself when you have so much to live for."

He then asked. "Pardon the question but what troubles you?"

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 09:27

She knew this was bound to happen, but the least she could do was tell him, he had after all been there for her till now.

"It's just the effect of a death of someone close, and the losing of another. Life really hasn't been all that pleasant since," she said, talking around the subject

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 10:18

"I see." Indiana replied calmly. He could remember the dark and depressing times six years ago after it had happened. The happiness in life being taken away in the blink of an eye and replaced with the cold harshness of reality.

"I may not know what goes on in your life but I can understand the pain of losing someone close and the aftermath in coping with such tragedy." he replied in a very gloomy tone while his eyes were grim.

He then held his left wrist out, revealing the watch strapped on it. It was a mechanical watch but when Indiana pressed the side button, the clock on top swing open like a lid to reveal a portrait of a beautiful woman with black hair and dark blue eyes along with a handsome brown-haired man with amethyst eyes, both in casual attire when the image of them was captured in a frozen picture that was minimized in size to reside within the circular space.

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 11:57

Jasmeet looked over at Indiana, and saw that he was gazing at the watch on his hand. She saw that he was looking at the portrait of a beautiful woman.

"Your parents?" she asked, and then realising that perhaps she should not have, she added, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked".

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 12:16

"It's alright, Jasmeet." Indiana replied, taking a deep breath before continuing. "They passed away when I was only five, killed in a train wreck. I too wished that they were alive today to see how my elder sister May and I grew up and turned out to be."

"I too have felt such despair in losing loved ones, having to be told that mom and dad will never come home and the reason why. Such things are hard for me to accept. But I guess I was lucky that May brought me out of it when the time for grieving had passed even though the concept of death was overwhelmingly new and took a long time to come to terms with such tragedy." Indiana spoke grimly. The memories were painful but didn't have much hold over him unlike they did six years ago.

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 12:21

"Yes I know what you mean. My father died a year ago, and mother still hasn't come to terms with his death. It's the reason why I moved to Brighton anyway," she shook her head.

"I live for her tomorrow, not mine. I'm just waiting for the day, where she will just cry it all out. I'd rather her cry then just seem lifeless".

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 12:50

Indiana nodded, realizing that Jasmeet's mother was probably still refusing to accept what had happened or perhaps didn't have some way to let her sorrow out in order to move on.

'Jasmeet said that it had been a year. Grieving while trying to come to terms with such loss. This is very hard on her mother.'
    he thought to himself.

"I just hope that your mother doesn't fall further into depression." Indiana replied. "I have no right to say this but spending as much time as you can with your mother could help her find a new meaning and will to live."

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 12:55

"Perhaps your right. But I don't think I'm ready for it yet, I feel that until I'm not ready to let go of my father, I won't be able to do a good enough job with my mother. Her case is sensitive, and I need to be fully equipped to take that responsibility," she knew she sounded like a jerk, but that was the only way she could help her mum.

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 13:29

"Overwhelming grief can cause those to wither away from within." Indiana replied. "Just being there is enough to least remind your mother that she isn't really alone in this world. It is never easy to help a person grieve and find some closure. A lot of time is taken to overcome the aftermath of such loss as everyone comes to terms with it in different ways individually."

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 13:35

Jasmeet thought over what Indiana had said, and she seemed to be satisfied. "Thanks Indiana. I really appreciate you sitting here and talking to me. I wish I can be there for you too," she smiled.

Looking back at the lake, she remembered her mother, and the last time she had smiled. She needed to bring that happiness on her mother's face, whatever it took.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017, 12:49