Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slytherin Table

Slytherin Table Empty Slytherin Table

Post by Guest Sat 04 Sep 2010, 14:06

Slytherin's table sat proudly amongst the other houses the silver and green banners flying high over head. Students were gathered on the seats, eating and chatting away merrily. What a grand day at Hogwarts.

Remember:
    - 50 word minimum.
    - No swearing, trolling, rule breaking.
    - Registered users only please.
    - ONLY SLYTHERIN STUDENTS!

Slytherin Table Empty Re: Slytherin Table

Post by Guest Tue 07 Sep 2010, 19:54

Scarlett couldn’t believe it; she had been sorted into Slytherin. Not that she had anything against the House on the country she honestly couldn’t have cared less where the sorting hat decided to plonk her, after all friends could be made anywhere, but all the other students she had talked too seemed so certain she’d be a Ravenclaw or a Hufflepuff that when the hat bellowed “Slytherin” she almost got up off the stool and walked to the shining blue and bronze table without realising it.

She sat there in her new robes at the Slytherin table the curling snake crest proudly displayed now on her breast chewing on a muffin as her eyes swept up and down the hall, wondering what kind of people were in her house and how many she could trick into being her friend before they had to a chance to realise the truth of her completely nutty nature.

Post by Guest Tue 07 Sep 2010, 20:19

Samantha watched the dark haired girl eat a muffin as she looked carefully around. The older witch offered a smile.

"I'm Samantha, and welcome to Slytherin. you really lucked out," she said to the cute eleven year old. Samantha couldn't recall seeing the girl before but she liked what she saw now. a mop of dark hair, quirky face and shining eyes.

Post by Guest Tue 07 Sep 2010, 20:25

Scarlett looked up mid-bite into the muffin, her eyes widened faintly from around the treat and she offered a smile which may have looked slightly alarming considering her cheeks where bulging and she was chewing frantically. She swallowed after another moment and shifted the muffin from one hand to the other, offering the former to Samantha with a friendly grin. “G’day I’m Scarlett – pleasure to meet you. Thanks for the welcome.” She shifted in the chair slightly and smiled playfully, “I never saw you looking lost in Diagon Alley so I’m going to assume you’re a big, bad second year?”

Post by Guest Tue 07 Sep 2010, 20:43

"Well, i don't know about second year - though that is what the school records say - but I'm definitely big and bad," the girl grinned. She could tell she was going to like the first year.

Taking Scarlett's hand, the witch shook it warmly. "You know, I have about two chocolate wands left over after the train ride, if you get tired of everything on the table."

Post by Guest Tue 07 Sep 2010, 21:06

He did not really watch the sorting. It seemed long, and potentially embarassing, marched out in front of the whole school with a silly talking hat on your head. He was glad that, with his transfer, he had not been required to go through that. His conversation with the Hat had been much more private. However, whenever someone was sorted into his house he managed to cheer and applaud for them. When the new girl came and sat, and Quill leaped on her, Dimitri offered her a little grin. He did not speak, as Samantha seemed to be doing enough of that for the whole table, but he hoped that she would remember him from the icecream shop.

Post by Guest Tue 07 Sep 2010, 23:26

Lexi walked over to her new table. She was happy to be in Slytherin house. She looked at the table and realize that she did immediately notice anyone that she knew so she just sat down when she found a spot. She grabbed a cup of pumpkin juice and listened halfheartedly to the sorting making note that a lot of her friends were in Ravenclaw . She clapped when anyone was sorted into her new house but mostly she let her attention wander around the hall taking note to everything.

Post by Guest Tue 07 Sep 2010, 23:36

Mary was sitting opposite to Samantha and was watching all the first years come to their table, clapping along.
    She listened to the talk Sam had with the first year and din't want to interrupt, so she turned to the first person she knew.
    "Hi, Dimitri. How was your summer?" the witch asked her classmate and put some roasted potatoes on her plate.

Last edited by Mary McNeely on Wed 08 Sep 2010, 00:58; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 00:11

Tress let out a rather undignified squeal at being sorted into Slytherin. Clapping her hands she ran over to the table, plopping down next to Alex.

"I'm so excited!" She grinned, and gave the girl a hug without thinking about it. She recoiled then and set her hands on her lap. "Sorry 'bout that, emotions got the better of me there."

She piled her plate full of food, happily looking around the table. Her eyes gleamed and she really felt like she was eleven for once. "I'm so glad someone I know got sorted into the same house as me."

Last edited by Tresexaginta Wintringham on Wed 08 Sep 2010, 00:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Excited typos.)

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 00:45

Raven scooted into the hall and took a seat next to Sam, glad that he wasn't missed. That could prove problematic. Espeacially as it was the beginning of a new term and he did not want to be caught first thing. Heaping his plate full of food he ignored the Sorting, more or less. He'd find out who was in their House soon enough anyways.
    He tucked in as names were called and he absently noted people joining their table. Luckily Loki was stashed in the Boy's Dorm already, or else he'd have to contend with the mutt trying to sniff all the new people.
    Just for grins, Raven day dreamed of what would happen if he had Loki and Hades in here and he tossed a tennis ball to them. Oh the chaos that would create! He could see it in his mind's eye and chuckled. He ended up choking on his potatoes, but he cleared his windpipe and sipped some juice.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 00:51

Cassandra sat down at the Slytherin table and let out sigh of relief, her father wasn't going to kill her for not being in Slytherin now. She would of been mortified of he had actually sent her a howler during breakfast. She spun her wand around her fingers not really listening to the rest of the sorting. Clapping woke her from her reverie and she watched as food appeared on the plates, she sipped on her pumpkin juice and looked around the table. A few people were sat around her but none that she recognised so much for getting to know people. She felt like a complete loner sat there, not having anyone to talk to.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 01:11

Scraping his plate clean, Raven looked around and made a face at the sugary sweets. "Blech," he muttered and grinned his brown eyes lighting up seeing the green been casserole. Pulling the dish closer he scooped some more onto his plate along with more chicken and potatoes. He missed this! Maybe not the pumpkin juice, but he was glad that they also had other juice as well.
    Turning to the girl next to him he motioned for the cobbler. "Could you pass that please?"

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 01:34

Lexi looked shocked a being hugged. "It's no problem. I understand the feeling. I was beginning to think that nobody I meet in Diagon Alley or on the train was going to be in Slytherin. I'm glad your here though." Lexi said.

She did wonder how little Katania was going to fair in the house with Hades. She hadn't heard much about the dog but what she had heard made her worry a bit.

Lexi grabbed the cobbler and handed it to Raven as he requested. "Here you go."

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 01:40

Tress grinned and grabbed a piece of the cobbler as it was being passed. She smiled softly, wondering about Decorus and hoping the snake hadn't tried to eat any of the other pets. She was too small to take on anything but a rat or toad, but then, those were her main food groups. Thinking of that Tress grabbed a bit of rare meat and wrapped it up in a napkin to take to her pet later.

"Raven, is it true there are Hippogriffs in the forbidden forest? And... exactly how much trouble do you suppose a student would get in for being there?"

She was a bit angry at herself for not having watched the threashals after the carriage ride, to see where they went, but perhaps she could figure it out later.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 01:53

Raven nodded thanks to Alexia as he scooped out some cobbler. Taking a few bites he savored it with a smile. Then Setting his fork and spoon down he swallowed and looked over at the girl with the really long odd name. He think on the train she told everyone to call her Tress.
    "Yes, there are hippogriffs in there. And Centaurs. As for how much trouble, it depends on if you get caught and who catches you."
    His brown eyes went to Alexia as a sly smile went onto his face. "You remember what I said on the train? About how I was the Head of the Slytherin Disciplinary Committee?"
    He looked at the first years. "I have a speech planned to give you all in the Common Room too. You'll find out then, hmmm? All I know is the two Slytherins I've punished before never stepped out of line again. Well, they don't caught anymore."

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 01:58

Lexi laughed nervously. "Yeah I remember that."

She was definitely going to make sure she didn't get caught doing anything. She couldn't simply say she wasn't going to do anything, that was against her nature. She wondered who the poor unfortunate Slytherins were that go put into place but Raven.

"What happens to the people that lose house points?" She asked.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 02:06

Raven's smirk grew as he arched a brow, propping his chin on his hand. "What did I just say, Lexi? You get caught you lose points depending on the Prof that catches you. You lose points, you report to me for an accessory that doesn't come off until I say."
    Maybe he should get one the others to help him and back him up when he gave his speech to the first years?

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 02:12

Dinah headed on over to her new table to site with the Slytherins as she had expected to do since she was born. She was proud to continue the family tradition and hoped that Eloise would someday join her at this table. She couldn't find her new friends from the train, which was odd. She heard them being called to Slytherin. Maybe they were just being slow to the table.

She sat down next to the black haired girl she seemed to be rather interesting. Grabbing a plate full of delicious food, she said to the table as a collective, "Hello, I'm Dinah." She was wondering where Cordelia was right now. It would have been great if she was here to talk to.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 02:41

Mary snorted at Raven's remark about the Slytherin discipline. She turned to the girl who asked.
    "I was one of those who got punished and it was nasty...Don't wanna try it out..." she said misteriously. It'd be so much fun watching first years wearing the Badge, but she didn't want Slytherin to lose any points.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 02:48

Raven grinned at Mary and looked over at his fellow Second Year. "Ah, but I have plans for the Pit. They have been approved too."
    His grin widened and once again, he went back to his food. He really had missed this! The elves sure could cook! Just as long as there was no fish. He'd had his fill of that. He let his eyes roam the table and take in the firsties. They were all girls this year, save one. Just one boy. Most went to Hufflepuff.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 02:55

"Ooooh, interesting." Mary wiggled her eyebrows. She trusted Rave to come up with as severe punishment as possible, the boy had an act for these kinda stuff. And pranks, of course. She saw him eye all the first years and she snickered ta him.
    "So...only three boys in Slytherin, counting first and second years, that is. Bet you love that..." the girl joked, knowing he wanted few more boys to join their House.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 03:03

Raven nodded. He had hoped some boys would come this way. Liam and Dom seemed nice and potential on joining him in Will in trouble making. He sighed. At least the Houses got some boys. He couldn't complain. He looked over at Mary. He grinned. "One is better than none. And we should know that just one individual does can and does make a difference."

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 03:27

"I know that..." Mary replied with a grin. She leaned in to her fellow Second year and whispered a question she didn't anybody else to hear.
    "Are you giving the speech to the newbies?" the witch asked, waiting eagerly for the answer. It'd be so much fun watching Rave get all worked up about losing points, the Pit and everything, she wanted to make sure to hear the speech.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 03:31

Raven grinned at Mary's response then question. His brown eyes shined and he nodded at her. Oh he was definitely gonna give the newbies the speech. There was no way he could go through another Purge. His eyes narrowed as he took in the Firsties. There was no way he would let his House fall so deep in negatives like last year. It had been a miracle that they any of the Houses got out of them after the Purge.
    "Heck yes," he stated aloud to Mary's question.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 03:49

Samantha was paying half attention to Raven and Mary's conversation. After all, it wasn't really eavesdropping if Raven was sitting right next to her. At the mention of the two Slytherins who were punished, a blush colored her cheeks and she quickly ducked her head. She could feel the high from earlier ebbing away as she ate her helping of shepherd's pie. The euphoria of coming back to the castle had forgotten she didn't talk as much as she normally did and she had liked it. But now it seemed her naturally shy disposition was resurfacing.

At the mention of the Disciplinary Committee, she mumbled to Raven "If you need any help with that.. I mean, I know I may not be the best person but I really want us to win the cup this year," she blushed deeper.

The cup should have been theirs last year, and they had worked so hard for it. It wasn't fair that Ravenclaw had gotten it because of sheer numbers. The issue was still a very sore point with the witch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 11:29