Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slytherin Table

Slytherin Table - Page 2 Empty Re: Slytherin Table

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 03:51

Lexi heard Raven's loud "heck yes." She looked over at the two second years curiously. She wondered what they were talking about but didn't bother to ask. She had a feeling she'd find out later. She looked over the tables wondering where some of her other friends were at, like Temperance.

She began to hum to herself one of the muggle songs she heard.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 03:51

Mary chuckled at Rave's enthusiasted grin. Boy was all about trouble or scaring people. Not that she blamed him, though. She still shuddered at the memory of the Purge.
    That must not happen again. the girl thought to herself, determined this term Slytherin will hold the Cup. She was prepared to do anything and Salazar help those first years if they won't do their best.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 03:59

Raven looked over at Sam and nudged her and gave her an encouraging smile. "You would be my first choice, Sam. You help keep me in line even! And I want to win just as bad as you and Mary this year."
    He looked at the firsties. To those in hearing range, he cleared his throat. "Oy, Firsties, if you have any questions, come to us, you understand? Others would love to lead you astray. If something doesn't seem right, you come to us. One of us will steer you in the correct direction."

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 04:11

Mary hid the grin that wanted to creep on her face as she heard what Rave said. But she only nodded along.
    "Yeah, Raven, Sam, me or Dimitri." she said nodding to each individual as she said their names.
    Pointing firsties to the right dirrections will be so fun, especially with questions for professor Malfoy. Well, at least Slytherin'll get points that way...

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 04:22

"Ay ay captain." Lexi said with a smile. She didn't have any questions a present but she would be sure to ask when she did. She may make light of the offer but she was grateful for it. At least she knew there were people she could go to.

This bets home already. Lexi thought with a smile.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 04:25

Samantha smiled at Raven before nudging him at the address to the first years. 'Don't call them firsties, Raven," she chided softly before turning to the table at large.

"As Mary said, we're always here to help you. Be it classes, rule clarification or anything really. Please ask us and not anyone else as they're likely to enjoy playing pranks on first years," she added for good measure. Best they were warned now than lost points later.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 07:22

“Anyone who plays a prank on me will find me playing one back, like having their shoes glued to their feet.” Scarlett nodded faintly as she observed a potato on the end of her fork seriously, almost as if she were imagining the scenario which is probably why her lips split into a curious grin after a moment.

She cast a glance up and down the table and to side to side, there were so many places to look, so many new faces that she felt quiet at a loss where to start. She turned to her side to the young girl and smiled, “Scarlett, it’s a pleasure.” And with that she spied Dimitri sitting quietly and chucked a cookie in his vague direction, letting it harmlessly skitter down the table to knock his plate as if to say ‘I see you serious.’

“Samantha, Raven will you glue us into our shoes if we break the rules?” She asked with a playful glint in her eye.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 07:28

Raven returned Scarlett's grin but his turned into a smirk, his brown eyes glinting. "Why don't you check the Common Room later? I'll post a letter that will inform you of exactly what I will do."
    He pretended to contemplate the glueing the shoes on. That sounded fun, but if he did something like that, it would have to be super glue. He just grinned and winked. "If I told you what pranks I would pull on you, that would spoil the surprise."

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 07:49

Scarlett giggled at Raven liking his darker sense of humour, “Ah, so you are the big, bad, second year.” Her grin widened and she nodded, “Mental note, don’t let the Professors or Raven see when I am playing pranks or considering brea… well, altering the rules. I’d surely never break any; I don’t fancy a Howler from my mother – No thank you, very much. Or my father, his accent gets really thick when he’s mad and he drops all kinds of Aussie slang which might be a bit embarrassing.”

Her lips pursed in thought and she absentmindedly chewed on a potato, imagining her father calling hr a flaming galah over a howler. After a moment she roused herself and blink, smiling shyly for wallowing in her own thoughts. “I should call you the Punishing Prankster, Raven. Be funny thought if you ended up as a prefect.”

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 07:57

Samantha chuckled quietly as the first year's comment though she privately agreed. Raven would actually make a good prefect because he had a way with people. He knew when to intimidate and when to relax and join in the fun - something she herself soely lacked.

"You know what Scarlett, that's a great idea. I'm sure Raven loves the nickname already," she smirked.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 07:58

In the middle of taking a drink of juice, Raven nearly choked as he laughed. He set his goblet down and continued to laugh. When he got himself under control he shook his head at Scarlett and Sam. "Nah, I think I'm not qualified. Besides, Dimitri is much better suited I think. I get into too much trouble myself."
    His eyes shined as he grinned. "I can't help it. It's in my nature. And it's so much fun!"

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 08:11

'Nope, I’m sorry, it’s decided." Scarlett said resolutely with a grin, a glint in her eye and shake of her head, "You are now known as Raven - the Punishing Prankster Pre-Prefect… at least in my books and anyone else who could care to listen to me."

She threw another cookie in Dimitri’s direction. “Oie – ice cream boy, you hear that.” She smiled and giggled under her breath, she was really starting to like the second year students. They were all very welcoming and none of them seemed to mind her odd, well totally eccentric nature. Well, not yet at least that was.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 08:20

The sight of Scarlett throwing a cookie at Dimitri would have had a normal girl in fits of laughter. For the first time, Samantha was glad she wasn't normal. However, a small giggle did escape her as the quirky little witch addressed the serious boy so lightly.

'Scarlett, you're going to fit right in," she smiled at the girl. Yes, Slytherin always got the best ones.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 12:01

Raven grinned at agreed with Samantha's remark. Slytherin did get the better ones. Those that couldn't hack it, left. He finished his meal and sighed contently. Propping his elbows on the table, he rested his chin in his hands and gazed around the rest of the hall. It was too bad that they weren't allowed at the other tables. On second thought, he looked from the still full bowl of potatoes and the spoon, to the Ravenclaw table. His grin widened. Dare he?

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 12:13

Samantha knew that look on Raven's face. It was one she usually associated with the Slytherin hourglass losing a significant number of emeralds though that had yet to happen - because of Raven anyway.

"Raven, no," she whispered. "Not in front of the first years, what an example to set."

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 13:23

Raven raised his brow at Sam even as he frowned. Was she going to try and stop him? It wasn't like he was going around using magic in front of the firsties. And a food fight! That was always one thing he wanted to do. Start a Hogwarts food fight with all four tables. That would be so awesome! He stared at Sam. If he did start something, was she giong to try and stop it? "Are you going to tell a Prof on me?"

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 13:33

"Of course not, I just... well, it's going to get really messy..." the witch trailed off. Following his gaze, she spotted Will Black as the first target.

"Okay fine," the witch conceded even as visions of food splattered students making their way to their respective common rooms assaulted her thoughts. "Just, be careful okay, and don't hit Malfoy or the Headmistress."

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 13:38

Raven goggled at the girl. Hit Malfoy or the Head? Did she think he had a death wish? He had no desire to include the staff. Just the students. A House Food Fight, if you will. He blinked and cleared his throat. "Ah, Sam. I wanna live to turn thirteen you know. I'm not that stupid or crazy!"
    He shuddered. Yeah, he definitely didn't want to hit them. Or any of the profs actually. As funny as it would be, it wouldn't be worth it. Raven was smart enough and Slytherin enough to know that.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 23:03

The first cookie he had ignored, as easily as he ignored the comment about making prefect. Extra responsibilities were not something he was looking to take on, he was focused on something else. The second cookie, that was the straw that broke the camels back. His hands, fast and sure as always, snatched it from the air as his eyes settled on the little first year.

He should have been mad, at the way she tossed food at him and spoke down to him, but seeing that lopsided grin on her face, he could not help but smile. There was something odd about her, like Professor Ellis' owl, and it made all the offensive things she did just melt away. He raised the cookie between two fingers slowly. "Didn't anyone ever tell you to keep your sweets to yourself?"

Post by Guest Thu 09 Sep 2010, 16:36

Raven snickered at Dimitri's question/statement? He turned to see what Scarlett would do now while he made plans in his head. His hands itched to reach out for the bowel of potatoes and start the massive food fight he imagined in his head. His eyes immediately went to the Ravenclaw table and his friends there. Looking back to the bowel of potatoes just begging to be tossed, he bit his lip and clasped his hands together. He really shouldn't......

Post by Guest Thu 09 Sep 2010, 16:48

Scarlett bit her lip but it didn’t help to conceal the grin any. Yes, she should have been more apologetic for tossing cookies but what as life without a little whimsy from time to time. Besides, what were a few tossed cookies between friends? It could have been worse; it could have been that bowl of mashed potatoes that the Punishing Prankster Pre-Prefect was eyeing off with a rather suspicious expression.

Her smile bloomed once more as Dimitri spoke and she managed to reply quite seriously, “No. In fact Dimitri, my mother always taught me to share.” She chuckled and tossed a few peas now in Raven’s direction and then adopted an completely innocent expression – surely butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth.

Post by Guest Thu 09 Sep 2010, 16:56

Blinking when some peas bounced off him, Raven looked over at Scarlett and snickered at her 'innocent' look. He himself knew that look since he tried to pull it often. He arched a brow at her smirking. Oh, she would definitely help out in the food fight. He just knew it. Sticking his tongue out he dipped his fingers in his juice and flicked them at Scarlett stating, "My mum always told me to share too."

Post by Guest Thu 09 Sep 2010, 17:19

Scarlett tried to look indignantly at the Slytherin boy, which was quite hard now considering she clearly was on the verge of a giggling fit and currently had a drop of juice on the end of her nose. “Now is that any way for a pre-prefect to act. Shouldn’t you be setting an example for us impressionably first years?” She poked her tongue out at him and flicked one last pea in his general direction before grinning once more.

Post by Guest Sat 11 Sep 2010, 05:41

Raven stuck out his tongue and grinned when he caught the pea in his mouth. After he swallowed it he smirked back at the girl. "I am setting an example. So make sure you're taking notes. As for impressionable?"

He chuckled recalling he'd said something very similar to Prof Ellis when he caught him drinking with the Auror. Raven gave a sniff and tried to act offended but it was ruined, by the grin that wanted to spread across his face. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 17:36