Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sending a letter...

Sending a letter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Sending a letter...

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jul 2010, 08:21

Vanessa had decided it had been far too long since she had last spoken to her father, so she headed up the stairs. When she was about halfway up, a Slytherin boy she recognized by face was walking down with a scowl on his face. Vanessa smiles wryly and says to him, "Howler? Tons of my friends have already recieved a lot from their parents. Its probably times like these that make you think us Muggle-borns are lucky..."

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jul 2010, 12:20

Dear Misael,

In case this owl is intercepted by Raven, that one ANNOYING person I told you about, I will write this letter in Espanol, and leave a few words in English. Here is the official letter: no vayas a escuchar a el. Te va manar un mensaje preguntando te lo que me ase a me enojar. Si le dices... Malas cosas, malas cosas.
    Feliz cumple anos!!

Dixie Evans

Dixie attached the letter to her Owl Camilla, and the Brown owl stayed there, readying itself for flight.
    "Remember, we live at 273, Winter haven drive, Florida."

She left the owlry, whistling.

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jul 2010, 12:26

Alycia stared up at the owls. Why hadn't she bought one when she could have? Alycia gave a sigh and wandered over to the owls, she stuck her arm out and hoped that one would fly down to her. She grinned when one did. "I need you to send this to my parents." she told the owl, she told him the address and pet him for a moment. She walked over to the window and let the owl off her arm and fly out the window.

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jul 2010, 12:32

Harmony headed up to the owlery, wearing shoes for only this time. It's not like she wanted to step on anythig...unsavory while she was up here. She held her arm out and a snowy white owl perched on her arm. She stared at it surprised, before looking down at her letter again.

Dear Dad,

Isn't it amazing that I made it into Ravenclaw? I've got a couple good friends. Alice, Will, Raven, and Jasmeet to name a few. I'm doing well in classes, especially in History of Magic. I know you always thought it was boring, but Professor Lewis teaches it really well! I hope things are going well, and I got the coded message. What have you heard, Father?! What have you heard about Mozart?! You must tell me! I await your next letter!

Harmonious Lupin

"Here you are," she said stroking the bird and giving it the letter. "Lupin Manor. John Lupin only."

She watched the bird fly away before heading back down the stairs. She hoped information would come soon.

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jul 2010, 16:49

Raven snickered holding Dixie's letter in his hand. That bird was really easy to catch. It came to him as soon as he held up that extra large owl treat. Taking out his quill and a clean piece of parchment he wrote -
    Dear Misael,
    I' m su hermana le ha dicho ya sure sobre mí. Está claro en la letra. Si usted me dice cómo molestarla, yo prometa que le dejaré saber en detalle completo lo que tengo y haré con esta información. También le daré cualquier suciedad que usted pida en ella mientras que ella está aquí. Dixie' actual torturador de s, -Raven Drake -

That being done, he left the owlery and headed back to the library with a smirk. Just wait till Dixie realized what he'd done.

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jul 2010, 18:41

(Misaels Point of view)
    Misael was reading 'how to set your sister on fire' when her owl came to him. Grinning, he took the letter from Camilla. When he slid it open, it wasn't from her. It was from bird boy, as Dixue and him now called Raven. Picking up his favorite number two pencil, he began to write.

Dear Bird Boy(Raven),
    First of all, you wrote 'i am your sister'. I think you might have gotten that part wrong. But I'll help you. Nice work with the Spanish, by the way. I'll take your offer. The thing that annoys my sister so much that she'll explode is-

Misael sent off the letter, smirking. He'd tell Bird Boy when he responded.

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jul 2010, 19:08

Taking the letter from the bird, Raven grinned. Victory would be his. Opening it, he read it and quickly penned, - Sí, dígame por favor-. He then sent the owl off again. Now all he had to do was wait for Misael's response. Crossing his arms he winced and quickly let them drop. Maybe he should invest in burn paste. If he bought some stocks in it for the next seven years, he should be rich when he graduated Hogwarts.

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jul 2010, 19:21

Misael soon saw an owl heading back in the dark of the sky. Opening it, he read the letter, he shook his head. Had Pixie Chicksie Dixie told the boy that he only read Spanish? He was sure Bird boy knew nothing about Spannish, and was surprised that anyone would go to such lengths just to annoy her. Picking up his pencil, he wrote 'Dear person, my ol sissy has
    Anatidaephobia. Look it up'

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jul 2010, 19:44

Samantha walked into the room with a neat envelope in hand. The small square parchment inside contained a carefully worded note to her aunt requesting a mythology book for class reasons.

Locating a free snowy owl on a perch nearby, Samantha coaxed the bird onto her arm as she tied the envelope safely to it's leg. Please let her not ask too many questions, she prayed as she released the bird and watched it take flight.

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jul 2010, 20:04

Raven trudged up to the owlery as confused as ever over Dixie's phobia. He had no clue what it meant and no one here knew what it meant when he asked. Sighing, he pulled out a piece of parchment and wrote:
    Dear Mum,
    How are you doing? I got a quick question for you. What the heck is anatidaephobia? Apparently my friend suffers from it and I want to help cure her of it. Oh, and you know those cook books you don't use anymore? Could you please send them to me? There's this girl in my house who I think I could be friends with. She likes to cook and I thought you wouldn't mind if she borrowed them for a bit.
    Love as always,
    Raven

He sent the letter off and wondered what that phobia possibly could be. He was also planning on ways he could use it to scare the living daylights out of Dixie of course. That was, if her brother was telling him the truth.

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jul 2010, 20:58

Jasmeet walked up to the owlery, she hadn't written to her mum since she had arrived. She held out her hand, and her snowy owl Jay perched himself on her arm. She patted it, before placing him on the sill next to her and taking out some paper and a quill.

Dear Mom,
    How are you? I wish that the weather is treating you alright. Hogwarts has been great, a dream come true should I say, all those classes, students, professors. I got into Gryffindor, and our Head of House is a beautiful woman, Professor Lewis. I’m doing well in classes, especially Astronomy and History of Magic. I even made few good friends; Will, Raven, Harmony, Alice and Dixie. I hope that you take care of yourself, and I will be back to you before you know it, don’t miss me too much.

Love,
    Jasmeet

Satisfied with her letter, she enveloped it and she picked up Jay and tied the letter to his leg, before letting him go. She watched as he flew higher and higher into the distance.

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jul 2010, 23:06

Hilary headed up to the owlery, the most recent letter from her sister clasped in her hand. She had received the letter a few days before, but had been putting off writing back. Not because she didn't want to talk to her sister, though. Just because she wasn't sure what to say. Opening up the letter, she read through it again.

Hilary,
    I'm glad that it wasn't you getting in trouble. Has anything new been happening at Hogwarts since I last heard from you?
    Dad hasn't been doing the greatest lately. He barely comes out of his office, except to go to work. I'm not sure he's been sleeping and I know he's not eating. He hasn't cooked anything since you left, and he never eats what I bring him. I try to get him out as much as possible, but he begs off most of the time. I don't think he ever really got over Mum. I think the only reason he pretended that he was, was for you.
    I wish you could come home and fix this.

Love, Emma

Hilary bit her lip. If she could have gone home and tried to fix it, she would have. But she knew the professors here would never allow her to leave. And besides, she was going to be here for seven years. She couldn't just go home whenever her little sister said she needed her.

Pulling out a quill and some parchment, she began to write her response, starting with the easier questions first.

Emma,
    Well, every house in the school lost a bunch of points for spamming. It was crazy. Everyone was upset and yelling at each other and blaming each other. It was horrible. Our whole common room was changed around, I guess since we were the worse off. Thankfully, the next day, a lot of teachers finished up their lessons and we made tons of points back. So it's all good now. Oh, and a few of us went looking for the giant squid! It was so cool, but the water was freezing.
    I wish I could come home and fix it for you too, Emma. But I can't. And I don't really know what to tell you about Dad either. Just keep what you're doing, I guess. Eventually, he should come around. Worst comes to worst, you could always call Grandma. I know you don't want to do that, but she might be able to help out.
    Love you lots, Hilary

She read her letter over carefully, before sealing it. She picked an owl, a lovely tawny one, and tied the letter to it's leg. She sent it out the window, watching as it disappeared.

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jul 2010, 00:06

Dixie stormed into the owlry. She found her owl preening itself comfortably, and she walked over to it, glaring at it. "You know, it sucks that you were intercepted-by the temptation of an owl treat. This time, I'm going to watch you take off and make sure you take off."
    She sat down on a stool, and took out a piece of paper and a sugar quill. She had learned her lesson about writing in Spanish.
    "Dop e a Rop Bop Rop Top Hop e yop,
    hop o wop cop u o lop dop yop o u??!!! I top rop u sop top e dop yop o u. I fop yop o u top o lop dop yop o u nop o top. Sop o bop e wop a rop e, cop a u sop e top hop e mop o mop e nop top I GOP e top hop o mop e, yop o u a rop sop dop e a dop.

Lop o vop e, yop o u rop fop u top u rop e mop u rop dop e rop e rop.

Dixie Evans

Satisfied, she watched the owl fly away.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 15:31

Shelby entered the Owlry and quickly wrote a letter to her brother.

Max,

Hey bro! I hope everything is going well there. Hogwarts is great! I haven't had much time to write until now, I've been so busy with lessons and everything. I was sorted into Ravenclaw, just like I said I would be. Don't worry about the Sorting when you come here- Dad was just joking about having to wrestle a troll. All you have to do is wear a hat and the hat decides which house you go to. I've made a few friends, too. There's Lauren (a Gryffindor), Theresa (a Hufflepuff), and Hilary (another Ravenclaw). I think I might ask them if they want to visit our house during the holiday, so you might get to meet them.

Anyway, the reason I'm really writing you right now is because me and my friend Indiana Lamperouge (I know, strange name but he's very nice) found this old car by the Forbidden Forest and I found this under the seat. You can put it in with your collection! I've got to go, but I promise I'll write you again soon. Give Mum and Dad my love and keep Dad away from my Chocolate Frogs!

Love,
    Shelby

She called an owl down and gave it the letter and the firework she'd found earlier that day. "Please take this to Max Thomas in London," she said to the owl. It took off and she waited until the owl was just a tiny dot in the sky to leave the room.

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 00:56

Dixie had given up on writing her letters in codes and languages. If certain people managed to intercept them, then why bother? But she wanted to try one more thing: taking out her quill and parchment.

1552 395279

347648 4677 6863 5798543 5)3/:77 663277657 574 :3567 6 6798653 58422 76 67897 456633554 574942 5784 65284 667 7 579600 685 98274 5842 7904233673 684 7 586:!!!!!

Hope your present doesn't dissappoint you, lil' brother,
    Dixie Evans

Attaching a present containing a Barbie doll holding a carrot, she smiled, and watched Camilla fly further, further, until she disappeared.

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 01:57

Rein went into the owlry trying not to look as mad as she felt. She sat down beside her favorite owl, Alba, stroking it's feathers as she finished her letter.

Mother,
    Perhaps you are aware of the letter I received from Father concerning my duty as the heir of Sirius Black. If you are not, and I'm sure he's doing everything to keep this from you, please be aware that he is trying to arrange a marriage between the heirs of the House of Black, namely myself and Will. DON'T LET HIM SUCCEED. Mother, I beg you, I'm only eleven as is Will, they can't do this to us. It's not fair. He's doing this in the name of blood purity. I don't care about blood purity, and I will renounce my lineage if I must. I do not want this, Mother.
    Your distressed daughter,
    Raven, Queen of Night

She sighed, stroking the snowy night owl's feathers as she rolled the parchment and handed it over to her. "Athena Nox, Edinburgh in Scotland, Alba, it's our winter home." She kissed the owl's feathers and sent her off.

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 09:48

Indiana entered the owlry before composing another letter. It was a pity that electronic communication devices couldn't function on Hogwarts grounds and the youth had a feeling that writing in code was only a short-term solution to prevent interlopers from reading his mail, which is a complete transgression.

Minutes later, Indiana finished writing his letter before handing it to one of the owls, who took off. The youth watched as the avian hunter disappeared into the sky. May would certainly be sending her letter in response to his first and second coded letters. Soon enough, after a good ten minutes, the owl returned with a letter addressed to him and Indiana recognized the handwriting of his older sister on the envelope.

The youth then gave a piece of bacon to the owl, who ravenously devoured it, before heading out.

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 11:21

Samantha entered the owlery hesitantly. She had received a short note earlier regarding the book she had requested and now had to explain herself as honestly as she could without arousing suspicion. Helping herself to the parchments that were kept to one side, she reached for a bit and quilled the response as best she could.

Aunt Ellen,

I know we don't take Care of Magical Creatures till third year but as you always say, it's best to be prepared. Plus, the mythology book will also be of use in History of Magic as many of the things they teach are pretty mythical, as you always pointed out anyway.

My apologies if my request is too outlandish but I feel I really need one of our books to help me out.

Samantha

Deciding she couldn't get more honest than that, she sealed the note in an envelope and gave it to her favorite snowy owl to carry.

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 12:21

Dixie waltzed into the owlry, and called out "Camilla, come 'ere!"
    Her brown owl flew to her, and it perched on the little wooden perch in front of her, hooting and waiting for her to attach her letter.

Dear Misael,
    Thanks for lying to Bird Bot(Raven), I knew you wouldn't rat me out on my actual phobia. You shouldve seen his face!!! He gave me this bewitched ducky and everything!
    Great things are expected of you when you come to Hogwarts. Maybe we will blow up a compartment or something. Your fire crackers might be quite handy.

Dix

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 12:33

Grandmother,

I'd rather not be surprised with whatever you are currently deciding for my benefit. Especially at my age. And you are aware of what I am reiterating. I know.

Any attempts to further this will result in me being disowned and I will desire it. I'm not amused by these turn of events.

Will Black

Rolling his eyes, Will handed the letter to a barn owl, watching it soar out of sight with the narrowing of his eyes. So not cool.

Post by Guest Sat 24 Jul 2010, 06:38

Theresa smiled as she skipped into the Owlry with her first letter to her father. She had missed him so much but between work and meeting new people, she just couldn't find the time until now. She smiled slightly as she read it through.
    Dear father,
    I am sorry that I haven't written since I came to Hogwarts but everything has been so hectic. There was so many arguments and fights in each of the houses, the house points were all in the negatives. I am officially a Hufflepuff now and so far, everyone I met in my house are so nice. I have made three friends already, Lauren who is a Gryffindor, Shelby and Hilary who are both Ravenclaws. Have you heard any more news about Adam, I would hate to see him in Durmstrang, surely you can have some say in which school he can go to right?
    Well I hope to hear from you soon father,
    Theresa

She looked for a school owl, she hoped that her father would soon find out more about her brother. She may not have seen him in two years but she still didn't want him to be in Durmstrang. She gave the letter to an owl and watched as it flew away.

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jul 2010, 00:39

Cat scowled as she stomped into the room. Urgh! Why was she friends with him again? Because he kept her honest... a small part of her mind reminded her. The scowl turned into a pout and she put a piece of parchment against the wall.

"Rodge,

"You cheeky bugger! No need to be quite that sarcastic thanks ever so. I'm glad I can count on your emotional support when it's needed. Yes, I am rolling my eyes at you you smarmy bastard. Note I have no qualms with using that word. You forget I had elder brothers.

"Glad you like the pies. Here's another one. You really need to eat more. As for the book, I hope you enjoy it. It's not exactly about American mythology as such...

"The ginger terror is fine! Seems to hate being around me though. Melodramatic sniff. He keeps getting away from me! Or running. I swear, he'd sell me out for a sardine! So much for pet/owner loyalty...

"Moi? A thief? Wash your mouth out! I BORROWED a COUPLE of books. Seriously. And I thought I told you not to comment on my nickname?

"Write soon,
    "Love, Caffeine.
    "PS Should I write to Knees? She was a right bitch pain."

Cat's grin faded at the postscript. She probably should write to her aunt. She shoved that thought aside as the owl who had delivered to Rodge before landed on her shoulder and hooted cheerfully. Her grin returned in full force, and she attached the package and letter to it's leg with equal cheeriness, waving the bird out the window.

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 23:24

Walking into the Owlry, Dixie whistled sharply, and her owl immediately flew to her outstretched arm. Deciding to write to her brother, she took out a quill, sat down in a corner, and wrote:
    Dear Misael the Evil,
    I got detention. Here's some advice: Never throw Exploding Snap cards into a lake with your buddies or else you'll get caught by a teacher and they will tell you you've killed a fish that belonged to your professor.
    Not. A. Word. So shush. Sad
    Aaaaanyways, Hogwarts itself has been simply fantastic! I mean, sure I've set a few things on fire. And there has been the occasional explosion. Yes, I've whacked myself on the forehead with the broom handle when trying to learn how to fly.
    Only subject I seem to not have trouble with is
    Defense Against the Dark Arts.
    Have you shown signs of magic yet??? You know, besides making that chair turn into a python.
    Will I see you here next year?

I hate you,
    Dixie~the legend

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 03:41

Harmony held her arm up, waiting for an owl to perch on it. She was going to send a letter to her friends, and she couldn't wait to send it off. She decided to look over it one more time.

Chère Madeline et Pierre,

Comment faites-vous? Je sais que je vous ai vus les gars dans une telle longue période. C'est la faute de ma Tante et nous tous savons comment elle est! J'assiste à Hogwarts en ce moment, aussi vous on assiste aux gars Beauxbatons et ... quel est le nom de votre école, Pierre? Vous enverrez cela à Pierre n'ira pas faire vous, Madeline? J'attends impatiemment de recevoir des nouvelles de vous!

Harmonieux

She nodded to herself as a tawny owl landed on her outstretched arm. She gave it the letter, stroking it's feathers softly. "Take this to Madeline Lacroix, Beauxbatons school. And take your time. It might be a long flight." She said, sending the owl off.

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 05:01

Jennifer went up to the owlery to find Sariah which was unnecessary as Sariah found her as usual. She took one last look at her letter to make sure it said what she wanted.
    Dear Mother and Father,
    School is great, i think I said that before, but it's the truth. Harmony and I are in a dorm together and we're having a blast. We have yet to get into trouble together yet. You should be proud of me. I've behaved myself thus far. we'll see how long that lasts. Smile
    Anyway, flying lessons have started and I have to get going before I'm too late for class.
    Love,
    Jennifer

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 08:42