Near the border of the Forbidden Forest

Re: Near the border of the Forbidden Forest

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 05:44

Although she couldn't hear what Indiana had said, Shelby was slightly troubled by the look in his eyes. "Please don't do anything stupid," she said with a look of concern. She had enough to worry about without one of her friend's lives being in danger because he couldn't stay away from the forest. "It's called the Forbidden Forest for a reason."

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 05:58

Amid daydreaming about venturing into the Forbidden Forest, Indiana was brought back to reality by Shelby's dialogue.

"Heh, heh." the youth chuckled sheepishly. "The unquenchable desire for adventure and exploration was tempting for a moment there. Don't worry, Shelby. I'm not going to go into the Forbidden Forest and I certainly don't have a reckless streak of wishing to something dangerous either."

The sound of wipers being turned on caused Indiana to look at Elise, who apparently disagreed.

The youth buried his face into his palms, feeling a bit more older than his age.

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 06:31

Shelby raised her eyebrow at Indiana's remark as if she didn't quite believe him. She laughed when Elise activated her wipers. "See, Elise agrees with me," she smiled. "And she's going to be on patrol in the forest just in case that temptation becomes overwhelming for you, and if she catches you in there, she's going to bring you straight back here, right Elise?"

The headlights flickered on.

Shelby was worried that Indiana would think she was being overprotective, so she switched to a much softer, less demanding tone. "I just don't want you to get hurt, and neither does Elise."

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 07:15

"Alright. Alright." Indiana replied in defeat. How in the world did Elise manage to read him that easily like a book? Well, so much for planning to break curfew in favor of mid-night adventures in the future. If the professors couldn't catch him, then Elise certainly would.

"I never did ask you, Elise. Is there a limit to the altitude that you can't surpass while flying? Is it about 75,000 meters?" Indiana asked.

The headlights blinked twice in response to both questions and the youth nodded before speaking.

"I see. Is your maximum altitude 50000 meters then?" Indiana asked.

The headlights blinked once more.

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 07:55

The mention of Elise's power of flight made Shelby desperately want to test it out, but she couldn't make such a request when she had just practically scolded Indiana for entertaining thoughts about dangerous ideas. Flying in a car that was older than her parents certainly qualified as a dangerous idea and she didn't want to be a hypocrite.

She had to bite her lip to keep the thought from slipping out.

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 08:20

After Indiana received his answers from Elise, the youth began thinking about the new information that had been given. He knew that the car was far older than him such that he wasn't sure on whether or not Elise would still be flight-worthy. It was obviously safer for Elise to stay on the ground rather than take her on flights through the air.

He then turned to Shelby. "If you're wondering on why I asked Elise those questions, I only have two words: Sky Diving."

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 09:19

Shelby smiled and rolled her eyes. "No, you don't have a reckless streak at all," she replied sarcastically. "Why can't you be attacted to activities the don't involve putting your life in danger?" she asked, giving her head a little shake.

"If you do that here, you're sure to get in trouble. Would you care to practice your punishment?" she grabbed her tiara off of Elise and held it out to Indiana.

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 11:43

Seeing the tiara and being reminded of Will Black's punishment, Indiana sighed. "No, I don't plan to do any sky diving ON school grounds until the late part of seventh year."

He then considered Shelby's earlier question before replying. "Let's see. I'm a good snowboarder since that's so much better than skiing even though the injuries can sometimes be serious and is as fatal as Quidditch. When I'm bored at home, I'll probably be either flying a kite outside or on Nonette's karaoke machine."

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 12:09

Shelby smiled when Indiana talked about flying kites. Merely mentioning kites never failed to make Shelby think of Mary Poppins. "Karaoke, huh? Care to do a demonstration?" she asked innocently. "I'm sure Elise would be more than willing to provide music."

The car's headlights flashed. "See, Elise wants you to as well. What do you say?"

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 12:20

Hilary wandered down the the lake. Shelby had said that she could come down and meet Elise, but she couldn't help but wonder if maybe her presence wasn't wanted. She felt like she might be intruding on Shelby and Indiana, which was the last thing that she wanted to do.

"Hey guys," she said, when she got close enough.

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 12:35

"Hey Hilary," she greeted her friend. She set her tiara back on Elise's roof. "This is Princess Elise," she said. "Elise, this is my friend Hilary."

The engine revved softly. Elise was clearly glad to have yet another visitor.

"You're just in time, Hilary. Indiana's going to sing a song," she said with a devious smile.

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 12:35

Indiana slapped his forehead, mentally berating himself for letting that slip. Oh, he had sang quite a number of songs on the karaoke machine out of boredom but it was just a hobby to pass the time.

"I don't think I'll be giving a demonstration unless Elise has Muggle song tracks over two or three decades ago. Any Muggle music in your radio, Elise?" Indiana asked.

The wipers activated, indicating a negative.

"I rest my case." Indiana replied before noticing Hilary. "Hi, Hilary. Sorry to cut this short but I remember that I have a certain poltergeist that I need to stalk. See you later!"

With that, Indiana sprinted back to the castle as fast as a marathon runner.

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 12:42

"Well that was odd," Shelby said as she watched Indiana run back to the castle. "I've never seen him act like that before."

Elise's headlights flicked on in agreement. Shelby sighed. "At least I'm not the only one who found that strange. Did you stab him with a quill or something?" she asked Hilary, laughing a little. She was a little bewildered by his strange behavior.

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 12:54

Hilary watched as the Hufflepuff boy darted towards the castle, feeling more uncomfortable than ever. Was it her fault that he had run away?

"I didn't think I did anything," she said, quietly. She hoped she hadn't done anything to upset the boy.

Shaking her head, she turned the the car. "So, this is Elise, is it?" She glanced around it, wondering how it seemed to have a personality of it's own. "Cool. How do you do, Elise?"

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 13:07

"I'm sure you didn't do anything wrong," Shelby said comfortingly. "Whatever the reason is for him leaving had nothing to do with you," she tried to reassure her friend.

She grinned. "Yep, this is Elise," Shelby grabbed her tiara again. "You can ask her questions if you like. She'll flick the headlights on to say yes and activate the wipers to say no," she explained.

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 13:11

Hilary shrugged, wishing that the whole situation didn't bug her so much. But, worst came to worst, she could always go and find Indiana some other time and ask him about it. Thankfully, she didn't have a problem with confrontations.

She looked back to the car, wondering what she could ask the it. She thought back to to History class.

"Were you here when Dumbledore was headmaster?" she asked the car, wondering what it's - her? - response would be.

Post by Guest on Mon 09 Aug 2010, 11:06

After a while, Indiana returned back to the open grounds with his head cleared before noticing Shelby, Hilary, and Elise still around the same area that he had fled earlier. While he certainly fled the vicinity amid the rising tension within his nerves, the youth decided to return once he had cleared his mind.

"Sorry about running off earlier. I had to clear my head." Indiana spoke apologetically once he was in their hearing range.

Post by Guest on Mon 09 Aug 2010, 11:18

Elise's headlights flashed in response to Hilary's question. Shelby was about to fill Hilary in on all the information that she and Indiana had figured out about her when the boy in question returned.

"Now I know how you felt when I ran off," Shelby remarked. She made a mental note to ask him later what that was all about, figuring that he would be a little more open if Hilary was not around. "Are you sure you don't want to sing us a song?" she asked with a smile.

Post by Guest on Mon 09 Aug 2010, 11:29

"If you wanted to hear me sing a song, then you also have to sing one too." Indiana replied with a grin. "After all, I think Elise would love to hear your beautiful voice bring all the Greek Muses to shame."

To his amusement, Elise flashed her headlights.

Indiana then added. "But just to avoid potential awkwardness, we both get to choose one song each to sing. So are you in or are you out?"

Post by Guest on Mon 09 Aug 2010, 11:48

Hilary watched the other two interact, feeling a bit more than a little out of place. She felt like she might have been interrupting something when she had come down.

"I'm going to head back up to the castle," she said, quietly. "I have some... stuff that I didn't get to finish earlier. I'll talk to you guys later."

She quickly walked back up to the castle.

Post by Guest on Mon 09 Aug 2010, 11:57

"Elise, I thought you were on my side," Shelby complained, though she was amused by Indiana's request. "If that's what I have to do to get you to sing, then I'll do it."

She felt her body immediately fill with nerves as she agreed to Indiana's terms. She pushed them away as best she could, not allowing her nervousness to pierce her cool exterior.

"You're going first though."

She was sad to see Hilary leave, but she looked rather uncomfortable. "Okay, I'll see you later," she said as her fellow Ravenclaw walked away.

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Aug 2010, 00:18

Indiana watched Hilary head back to the castle and felt as though he had some explaining to do should they encounter each other once more.

Taking a deep breath, Indiana nodded with acceptance. "Fair enough."

With that, he took out an old cassette tape that he had managed to obtain from his dorm before placing it into the slot in Elise's radio console. Indiana had to do a bit of fast-forwarding before finding the instrumental-only version of the music track that he wanted to perform.

The soft keys of the piano started off the music before Indiana began.

"And you asked me what I want this year and I try to make this kind and clear just a chance that maybe we'll find better days."

Thus, he continued singing onwards with clarity and levelness while the lyric-less instrumentals for "Better Days" by the Goo Goo Dolls went on.

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Aug 2010, 01:54

As Indiana got his cassette tape ready, Shelby mentally flipped through every song she knew, trying to think of one that she would be willing to sing. The song she settled on was probably not what he had in mind at all. It was less than fifty seconds long and was something that confused most people if they weren't prepared for what they were going to hear, but it made her laugh when her dad played it for her, so she hoped it would do the same for Indiana.

She stopped thinking about her song choice when Indiana began to sing. When he was finished, Shelby started to clap. "See, that wasn't that hard, was it?" she grinned. "That was very good, I don't know why you were so embarrassed."

Him being finished meant it was her turn, which made her nervous again. She didn't have music, but it wasn't really necessary to get the point of the song across. She took a deep breath and sighed. When she felt she couldn't wait any longer, she started to sing The Camping Song, by the comedy-music duo Hard n' Phirm, smiling when she got to the last line of the song- the punchline.

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Aug 2010, 03:03

Indiana snickered a bit on the last line. The simplicity of camping outside due to not paying the electric bill. He was glad that solar panel and wind turbine systems have advanced farther along enough for some people to gain some form of independence from the electrical utility supplier.

"Nice, Shelby." Indiana remarked, clapping his hands. "I'm wondering on how the song would've turned out if that had taken place during a very high temperature season that went day and night."

The youth then cleared his throat a bit. "As for being hesitant, I'm more comfortable in singing freely without anyone hearing me."

He turned to Elise and retrieved his old cassette tape. "Anyways, Shelby. What kind of hobbies and activities do you enjoy?

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Aug 2010, 03:39

Shelby gave a dramatic bow as Indiana clapped. "Well, you can sing as much as you want in front of me. I very much enjoyed your performance," she smiled.

She had been expecting the question, but she still had to think of an answer. "I like a lot of things. I like to watch movies, read, dance, crochet, finger-paint, play hide and seek," she listed. "I like to play seek and go hide," she added her favorite game to play with the other kids in her neighborhood. "Do I need to continue?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 23 Jul 2017, 14:31