Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Near the border of the Forbidden Forest

Near the border of the Forbidden Forest - Page 11 Empty Re: Near the border of the Forbidden Forest

Post by Guest Fri 13 Aug 2010, 23:43

Indiana shrugged. Even if he would be avoiding politics, the art of negotiation is still important. "On the bright side, you might be able to journey beyond drawing stick people by painting a bit with a brush. Just think of it as trying something new, that is if you've never painted before."

Indiana then turned to Elise. "Of course, there will be a nice selection of tiara designs for you to choose from so just be patient until the gallery is ready."

Near the border of the Forbidden Forest - Page 11 Empty Re: Near the border of the Forbidden Forest

Post by Guest Sat 14 Aug 2010, 05:59

"You make it sound like I'm going to be the next Picasso or something," Shelby grumbled. "I am only going to paint tiaras and once Elise has selected one of them, I'll probably never paint again," she said stubbornly.

"And if either of you laugh at whatever ends up on those pieces of parchment, I promise I will punch you. Okay, I probably won't punch you, Elise, but you," she turned on Indiana, "I can and will punch if you laugh at what are sure to be complete disasters."

Post by Guest Sat 14 Aug 2010, 06:52

"Have some confidence in yourself. In the beginning, even Picasso was a terrible painter and I'm not going to laugh at what you call complete disasters." Indiana replied before adding. "Your Highness."

He didn't believe Shelby would be painting bad tiaras even if she was a beginner and Indiana wasn't expecting a masterpiece that would rival the Mona Lisa from her anyways.

"I don't expect you to paint a masterpiece for the first time. Just a basic tiara design is all."

Post by Guest Sat 14 Aug 2010, 11:24

"I have confidence in myself, just not when it comes to art," Shelby said, blushing a little. She was a little relieved to hear that he wouldn't laugh, especially since at least one of her designs was bound to turn out looking like roadkill.

She sighed before explaining, "I can see what I want to draw in my head, I just can't make my hand put it on the page."

Post by Guest Sat 14 Aug 2010, 12:02

Indiana nodded before replying. "Even if you're not using magic to do some Transfiguration, I'm sure that Professor Mitchell's lessons might come in handy regarding the visualizing of the details on what you are seeing in your mind and want to bring into the world."

He then looked at the sky. "Well, I'm heading back up to the castle. Elise, Shelby. Until then."

With that, Indiana headed back to the castle.

Post by Guest Sat 14 Aug 2010, 12:20

Shelby waved to Indiana as he left but decided to sit with Elise for a little longer.

"I should probably go too, Elise," she said after a while. "I should get started on those designs as soon as possible. I want to make sure that I end up with at least three choices for you that are somewhat decent."

She gave Elise one final pat and then hurried off, deciding to go to the Room of Requirement and wondering if she could get Lauren, Resa, and Hilary to help her.

Post by Guest Mon 23 Aug 2010, 11:38

Pulling a trolley containing new windows and a windshield that he got from the RoR, Indiana approached the edge of the Forbidden Forest.

"Elise?" the youth called out loud. Moments later, the blue Ford Anglia appeared from the woods and Indiana patted Elise.

"Been a while, Elise." Indiana remarked. "New windows and a windshield. An elf enchanted a powerful Shield Charm into them so I think they'll work fine."

The engine revved a bit and Indiana, after placing on some leather gloves and goggles, took out the blueprints and schematics of the 105E Ford Anglia before reading the directions on window replacement.

Post by Guest Tue 24 Aug 2010, 12:18

Shelby was shuffling a few pieces of parchment in her hands as she exited the castle and headed over to the spot where Elise was most likely to be, though when she got there, she was surprised to see Indiana with a trolley full of glass.

"You found windows!" she grinned, quickly tucking the parchment into her school bag.

Post by Guest Tue 24 Aug 2010, 12:23

Amid unfastening and unscrewing the driver door while double-checking the blueprints and directions, Indiana looked up to see Shelby approaching after hearing her from the distance.

"Hi, Shelby." the youth greeted. "The window replacements and windshield weren't hard to get and some elf enchanted them with a Shield Charm of sorts."

Post by Guest Tue 24 Aug 2010, 12:42

Shelby smiled to herself, thinking that the Hogwarts house elves must love having Indiana around, since he always seemed to have some sort of special task for them, whether it was enchanting windows or healing him after an ill-advised visit to the Whomping Willow.

"Do you want some help?" she asked, setting her bag down and tying back her hair before having a look at the directions.
    Amy Mitchell
    Amy Mitchell
    Headmistress
    Headmistress

Near the border of the Forbidden Forest - Page 11 Trans

Post by Amy Mitchell Tue 24 Aug 2010, 13:02

Dear Students,

Thank you for finding the Ford Angela that has been running rampant around the Forbidden Forest for decades. We have now taken him to a secure location where he can be reunited with his previous owner.

Sincerely,

Professor Mitchell

Post by Guest Tue 24 Aug 2010, 22:31

The area was vacant as Indiana looked on where he had met Elise. He didn't know what he happened, though the memory was a bit of a blur. Indiana could remember trying to install the new windows and seeing Shelby arrive before blacking out all of a sudden. By the time he recovered, Elise was gone along with the trolley of windows and in place of where she was standing earlier was a note from the Headmistress.

"Elise, I hope you'll be alright wherever you are." Indiana spoke into the wind before heading back to the castle.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 05:22