Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Near the border of the Forbidden Forest

Near the border of the Forbidden Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Near the border of the Forbidden Forest

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 13:43

Shelby's cheeks flushed. "Elise, I thought you were on my side," she mock-pouted, leaning against the car to look at her friend.

"At least I can talk to Sun," Shelby playfully stuck her tongue out at Lauren, "How's Storm doing? Oh that's right, you haven't heard back from him yet."

She hoped Lauren knew she was just joking, not trying to be malicious.

Near the border of the Forbidden Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Near the border of the Forbidden Forest

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 13:51

Lauren glared playfully at the girl. "It's not my fault he won't reply. Perhaps he didn't get it or he just doesn't want to talk to me... I guess that's fair enough, seeing as though I did fight with him for no reason." Lauren sighed, "Oh well." Lauren changed the subject. "So, do you reckon Elise will give us a ride through the forest?" Lauren asked, her Gryffindor curiosity got the better of her. "We can't really get in trouble, can we? I mean, technically we wouldn't be in the forest. We'd be in Elise..."

Lauren knew that Shelby would probably say no, and Lauren really didn't want to go in the forest, but she was interesting in Shelby's reaction.

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 13:59

Shelby contemplated the idea. Technically they wouldn't have gone into the Forest themselves, so it wouldn't really be against the rules. Then again, something had done all this damage to Elise and whatever it was lived in the Forest. "Elise, what do you think?" she asked cautiously, deciding to give Elise a say.

The wipers flicked on. "I agree with Elise, it's a little dangerous. Maybe when we know a few more spells to protect ourselves," Shelby said.

"But I know something else Elise can do," she grinned. "Elise, can you turn on your radio, please?"

Elise obliged the request and music filled the air. "Let's dance!"

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 14:06

Lauren loved music and love to sing, so when Elise turned her radio on, Lauren laughed and grabbed Shelby's hands to dance with her. This was great! She wished the other girls were here too so that they could have a party here beside the Forbidden Forest. Lauren loved the song that was on, and she sung along to it, her voice a clear and smooth. "This is brilliant, Shelby!" Lauren said to her friend.

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 14:20

Shelby sang along loudly, not really caring if she was off-key or not. She wasn't much of a singer, but she loved to dance. She twirled herself and Lauren in circles, laughing when Elise moved back and forth a little as if she was dancing as well. "I guess Elise is enjoying having girl time," she giggled. "That's one thing that can't happen when Indiana is around."

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 14:29

Lauren was loving just hanging out with Shelby and Elise. She felt like she could just let loose, and enjoy herself without the stress of homework or boys or anything else. "Yeah.. I guess she likes the girl time, and who could blame her, boys are boring!" Lauren said, and laughed as Elise flashed her headlights. "See, even Elise agrees with me!"

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 14:43

Shelby laughed. "Elise, I think Indiana's feelings would be hurt if he knew you said that! He worked just as hard to fix you up as I did. Perhaps harder. I can't blame you for enjoying girl time though, you probably haven't had much of that before. Are you glad I brought someone to meet you?" the headlights flicked on again. "I thought so," she giggled.

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 14:58

Lauren smiled at the car, "I think she was only joking when she agreed that boys are boring. I'm sure she appreciates all the work that Indiana put into her." Lauren said this, and Elise gave another little flash of her headlights. "She's pretty old though. How long do you think she's been in the forest for?"

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 15:04

"I'm pretty sure that this is the car that Harry Potter flew here in his second year, so that would be over forty years in the Forest," Shelby said, remembering what she had told Indiana when they first started to work on Elise. "Elise, can you turn the radio down a little please? It's hard to hear," the radio's volume decreased. "Thank you."

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 15:08

"Wow, that's a really long time. I'm surprised that she had enough petrol to last that long!" Lauren said, "Perhaps she hasn't gone anywhere until now!" Lauren smiled, thinking that Shelby and Indiana may have been the first people to befriend the car since Harry Potter. "You can fly too?" Lauren asked Elise, "And you flew with my cousin. That's pretty cool."

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 15:18

"We figure she must be charmed not to run out, because she certainly would have after forty years if there wasn't a charm," Shelby laughed. "Indiana checked her oil too, and it was fine, so there must be a charm on that as well. I'm surprised they've held up this long. Most spells aren't strong enough to last forty years."

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 15:21

Lauren nodded, "Yeah, that's strange, but then again, most cars don't answer your questions so Elise can be in a category of her own! She's special." Lauren smirked, "Kind of like you, Shelby, but not in the head." Lauren said in a teasing manner. She giggled as Shelby tried to hit her.

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 15:28

"Hey, I am not the 'special' one! I'll have you know, Lady Lauren, that Princess Shelby doesn't care for being spoken of like that," Shelby said in a regal voice. "Besides, you're the 'special' one, little Miss I-think-I'll-just-jump-out-of-a-tree-and-into-the-lake-and-almost-die-all-because-of-a-dare."

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 15:34

Lauren giggled, "Well at least no one can say that I do anything half asked! I go all the way, my friend! Over and above what is expected!" Lauren said this with her hand over her heart, dramatic as always. "Lady Lauren apologises for the remark, but secretly still believes it." Lauren said the last bit, running away from Shelby.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jul 2010, 04:01

Indiana emerged onto the lawn, his left hand holding a bucket containing a towel and some various items while his right hand was carrying another bucket that contained clean water.

'Thank the heavens for the Room of Requirement.' the youth thought while catching sight of Elise, Shelby, and another girl that looked to be one of Shelby's friends. From the looks of it, the two girls appeared to be enjoying themselves and he managed to catch their exchange of dialogue.

"Salutations, miladies." Indiana greeted with a bow and a slight kneel amid holding the buckets. "It is certainly a fine and clear day to see you both enjoying the weather."

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jul 2010, 12:15

"Greetings Sir Indiana," Shelby gave a small curtsey before dropping her regal voice. "This is my friend Lauren, I brought her to meet Elise. She's been dying to come here ever since I told her about Elise."

She looked at Lauren, then back at Indiana. "Don't listen to anything she says though, she's crazy," she mock-whispered to him.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jul 2010, 14:07

Lauren smiled as the Hufflepuff boy bowed to her and Shelby. "Hi," Lauren said. "Yeah, the weather's lovely." Lauren said. She had heard a great deal about this boy and wondered what he was like. Lauren caught the tail end of what Shelby whispered to Indiana and glared, "I'm not crazy!" She said, knowing full well that she was a little crazy... But she didn't want Indiana to think that! She was meeting him for the first time, after all!

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jul 2010, 14:40

"Indiana Lamperouge. It's nice to meet you as well, Lauren." Indiana greeted. The youth was rather amused in what he was seeing and hearing from the two interacting with each other.

"Would the terms bold and free-spirited be okay then?" the youth inquired amid hearing her last statement. He had yet to see on what Lauren is like.

Indiana then turned to Elise. "Elise! Are you enjoying the day today?"

The car flashed her headlights in response along with activating her wipers.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jul 2010, 14:47

Shelby looked from Indiana to Lauren and then back again. She wasn't sure how the two of them being near each other would pan out, nor how she would act. She was different around each of them. With Lauren, she was giggly and silly. With Indiana, she was much more calm and collected. "Bold and free-spirited?" Shelby shook her head. "Nope, she's just crazy. Lauren, tell Indiana about when Resa dared you to jump into the lake," she said with a grin.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jul 2010, 14:53

Lauren smiled, and glared at Shelby, "Bold and free-spirited is perfect for me," Lauren said, looking at Indiana, "Thank you Shelby." Lauren said sarcastically to her friend. "Oh, It was nothing really. Just a little jump in the lake." Lauren said, brushing off her near death experience, as little more than a scraped knee.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jul 2010, 14:59

"A little jump in the lake!" Shelby crossed her arms and looked at Lauren in amusement. "No, that is not what happened," she looked at Indiana to tell him the real story. "Our friend Theresa dared Lauren to jump into the lake out of a tree and she actually did it. She nearly drowned and me and Resa had to go in and save her," Shelby shook her head at the memory. "Like I said, she's crazy."

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jul 2010, 15:02

Lauren laughed, "Yeah... Well I would have made it, if the surface wasn't so far away.. I didn't expect to go down so far." Lauren said. She hadn't really thought about what would have happened if her friends had not gone in for her when they had... "Everything's fine now though. No brain cells killed, though Theresa would beg to differ about that...Tiny brain, please..." Lauren mumbled, forgetting that Indiana was there for a split second, and then blushed when she remembered.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jul 2010, 15:07

"Well, you could've gone to even more extremes." Indiana remarked after taking in what he just heard. "How about Bungee jumping off the Astronomy Tower for starters if you had the equipment with you? That could make jumping off a tree into the lake a bit more mild and the water would just simply place you onto shore afterwards."

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jul 2010, 15:11

Lauren's eyes grew wide at the thought of jumping off the Astromony tower, though the word he used before the word jumping got her slightly confused. Why would someone jump of the Astronomy tower? Surely, they'd die! "What is bungee?" Lauren asked. "Am I even saying that right? What a strange word. Is it a muggle word? What do you bungee? Bungee. Bun... Gee.. Haha" Lauren giggled at the word, not realising that she asked a lot of questions.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jul 2010, 15:17

"Yes, bungee jumping." Indiana replied. "It's where you wear some equipment around your body that is attached to a very thick and strong elastic cord that is anchored down. The person simply jumps off the tower to enjoy free-fall until the full length of the cord pulls at the individual to prevent further descent, leaving him or her hovering in the air. It's done by Muggles that wish to enjoy the experience of free-fall."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 13:40