Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking at the Forest

Looking at the Forest - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking at the Forest

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 00:56

Will considered the odds of a foal even coming near a boy, though he pulled a bit of grass to try anyways. The foal looked at him cautiously and turned to stare at Hilary before reluctantly reaching him. Further amazed, he saw that the foal left no visible hoof prints on the ground.

It sniffed his offering before taking a bite out of it as if wanting to be done with it quickly. Carefully, he placed two fingers where the horn should be and was even more surprised that it allowed it. He could feel a bump where it seems to be growing.

"I think you can try petting it now," Will said quietly as he ventured a little more by rubbing it's head. "It seems to be okay."

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 01:02

Hilary reached out slowly, giving the foal ample time to move away if it wanted to. But it didn't. It stayed right where it was. So her carefully placed the tips of her fingers on the unicorn's mane. She was amazed at how soft the hair felt, softer than any fabric she had ever come across.

"We should probably head back to the castle soon," she said, softly, still petting the foal. "We don't want to be late for class and have people out looking for us."

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 01:08

"I agree," Will said as he finally stood up. The foal stepped back before it's head perked up, almost as if it heard an invincible whistle. It quickly bounded away from the meadow. "Quite an interesting show, I say." His eyes flitted over to a nearby bush, which was gleaming with gold and silver tassels. His stomach flipped. Those weren't tassels...!

"Oi," He nodded over to the bush. "Unicorn hair. A little souvenir for our troubles." Will immediately rushed for it and started picking up handfuls. "Come and get some. They've got great properties."

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 01:12

Hilary followed behind Will, taking a handful of the hairs. She had no idea what she would do with them, but they would make great souvineers and proof that she had actually ventured into the forest.

"Here," she said to Will, sliding a hairband off her wrist and handing it to him. "It'll keep them together so they don't get tangled up."

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 01:16

"Thanks," Will gratefully took the offered hairband and carefully twisted it around the bushel so it wouldn't tangle. "It's remarkable to get silver and gold hair all at once. It's a sign of good fortune. The amazing properties it'll have once you properly weave them---or sell them, if it's your intention."

Gesturing to leave, he led the way out of the Forbidden Forest.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 01:18

Hilary wasn't sure what she was going to do with the hairs right then, but she knew she wasn't going to sell them. What were the chances that she find more of them any time soon?

As they began to make their way out of the forest, she turned to Will and said, "Look, I'm sorry about how I've acted in the past."

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 01:25

Will looked at her curiously before seeing the trees finally open up for them as they ventured out. "You have nothing to apologize about. One must have an opinion after all, whether it is in opposition."

He glanced at the hairs, contemplating yet again. "I'm not really a prat who hugs the rule book. I like sneaking around. I just don't like people being foolish enough to get caught and not have it worth the trouble. This---" Will dangled the bushel of hair with a grin. "---is worth a couple of points and maybe a detention."

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 01:31

"Definitely," Hilary said, with a smile. "After all that, I wouldn't mind having to serve a detention." She paused a moment. "I guess I'm just sorry for judging you without actually bothering to get to know you. You seem like you're actually a pretty decent guy."

As they reached the edge of the forest, she turned to him again. "Thanks for the adventure. I have to head up to my dorm before class. I'll see you around, okay?"

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 01:38

Will chuckled. "Thanks, I guess."

Pulling out a good measure of unicorn hair between them, he gave her half, the gold and silver strands glinting in the now fully exposed sun. "Learn to weave them properly," He said with a smile. "They heighten magical abilities when worn. Me? I've got another purpose for my share." With a mischievous wink, he walked back the opposite way toward the lake, waving at Hilary as he did so.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 01:42

"Thanks," she said, taking the hair from him, and securing another elastic from her wrist around them. She placed them carefully in the pocket of her robes, this was something she was sure she didn't want to lose. She would store them in her trunk when she got up there.

She waved to Will and began to make her way up to the castle.

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jul 2010, 01:24

"Bradley," Cass whispered in monotone. Stupid thing. If anyone knew she was harbouring her frog without telling the professors, she'd be in big doo-doo. Would it make a difference he lived in the Forbidden Forest- that she really had let him into the wild, and only daily, well fine, more than daily checked up on him- probably not. But that would be the case she'd plead.
    Face the facts, Cass. You're a hardened criminal.
    The exasperated voice came next. "Bradley, I know you're in here."
    Then came the sweet approach. "Bradders, promise, I promise, you won't be in any trouble."
    And then came frustration. "BRADLEY FOR CHRIST SAKE I WILL HEX YOU INTO AN OBLIVION IF YOU DO NOT COME BACK!"
    She screamed in frustration and kicked a tree root, coiling her hair around her finger to (somehow) calm her down. But, hey, each to their own.
    "Watch it!" said a voice coming from the root. "Doesn't anyone teach respect to Wand Trees anymore.
    Incredulous to hear a sound other than a woosh coming from a tree, Cass muttered a sorry and bowed.
    Why did I just bow?
    Another scream, the flight of at least fifteen birds from the treetops later, and there was the voice of victory from near her feet: "Ribbit."

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jul 2010, 02:30

Having seen Cassopeia enter the Forbidden Forest, Indiana quietly went in before watching the young Ravenclaw call out the name Bradley, which was followed by her rant.

"Watch it! Doesn't anyone teach respect to Wand Trees anymore?"

From behind a nearby tree, Indiana's eyes widened before tracing the sound of the voice to the source, which looked like a large tree with roots above the ground.

Hearing the scream and flight of a flock of birds, the youth sensed someone walking on his grave.

"Better head back, Cass!" the youth yelled as he quickly ran out of the forest.

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jul 2010, 02:33

"Bradley, you're such a little raggamuffin!" cooed Cass over the sounds of screeching birds, stroking around his chin.
    "You're a menacing toad," she chastised. At the word toad, Bradley rested his head in defeat.
    "A frog, then."

Cass' ears pricked up to the sound of Indiana's voice.
    "Huh?" was all she could intelligently think up at short notice, keeping her eyes on Bradley still.

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jul 2010, 02:39

In his haste, Indiana slipped and would've fallen had he not grabbed hold of some nearby shrubbery to regain his footing.

It was rather obvious that Cassopeia was still rooted to the spot. But sensing that the apparent danger had passed for now, Indiana headed back.

"Enjoyed the forest so far?" the youth inquired the moment he stepped into view.

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jul 2010, 02:44

"I think sensible footwears what you need next time you trapse around these parts, Indiana," said Cass, motioning to her favourite pair of Nike high-top trainers. Good muggle brand, susceptible to magic, too.

"I'm guessing you heard me screaming then, didn't you?" said Cass with a sigh. "I scared half of the bloomin' birds away, I tell ya. That stump gave me a scare."

Cass snorted at Indiana's question, and tried to hide it with no such luck. She leaned against a (silent) tree.
    "A forests just a place for monsters, right?" she said quietly, "but I like looking for wand trees. So, I guess I do like it. How about you? I'm guessing Elise has boosted your friendship with the place."

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jul 2010, 02:49

"Probably not yet but I think I'll eventually come to enjoy it." Indiana replied lightly before turning a bit serious. "I noticed you entering so I did the same just in case. But I don't plan on lingering here for long."

His foot brushed something on the ground and Indiana turned to see a large dead branch on the ground before picking it up. It felt thick and would probably be useful for something later.

"Anyways, since you're safe, I'll just head back. Don't linger too long, Cass." Indiana spoke before turning to make his way back out of the forest and to the castle with a souvenir.

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jul 2010, 03:13

"I won't, Indiana," If I can help it.
    Cass followed him out of the forest just in case he decided to jump back, and make her probably fit. She saw him pick something up from the floor, but from this distance, she couldn't discern what- his body covered what he was holding as he wrapped it up in a part of his cloak.
    Patting her pocket again just to make sure Bradley was still in there, she got him out, gave him a kiss on the forehead, and tapped him into his favourite shrubbery.
    "Keep a look out for Elise, Bradders! You can be friends- just tell her you're a friend of Cassopeia's!"
    She ran back to the castle.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 16:56