Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Break

Break Empty Break

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 03:46

Theresa sighed as she walked out of the castle, she had finally finished her homework. She was determind to relax for the rest of the day. She sat down by the lake and rumaged through her school bag. She took out her sketch book and quill before looking around her. She looked down and began to scribble on the paper. She seemed to forget about everything around her as she drew.

Break Empty Re: Break

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 04:02

Shelby saw Resa and went to sit next to her. For once, she did not feel the urge to sneak up behind her and scare her, or even interrupt her. She looked very content with her drawing. Shelby quietly sat down by Resa, not saying a single word for fear of disrupting her friend's concentration.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 04:07

Theresa heard someone sit next to her. She continued to draw for a moment so the hard part was finished. "Hi Shelby" she said without looking up from her sketch book. She wondered if her friend was ok, it wasnt like her to be so quiet. She just shrugged it off, maybe she was calm for once., she thought, grinning to herself slightly.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 04:13

For once, it was Shelby who jumped. She hadn't been expecting Theresa to speak. "Hi Resa, I didn't mean to distract you from your drawing. I was trying to be quiet," she said with a slight smile. She felt a little bad, believing that she had disrupted her Hufflepuff friend's peace and quiet.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 04:32

Theresa snorted when she saw Shelby jumped. "It's ok, I would much rather talk, I have finished the hardest part anyway" she said, smiling at her friend as she closed her sketchbook and put it on the grass. "So how are you?" she asked as she leaned back on the grass.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 04:37

"Pretty good," Shelby said, lying back on the grass. "A little tired though. I think we stayed up too late last night," she giggled.

She dug a hair tie out of her bag and started to braid her hair into one long braid over her left shoulder. "What about you? How has your day been so far?"

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 04:44

Theresa giggled "we always stay up too late" she joked. She sighed as she rested her hands behind her head and looked up at the sky. "My day has been horrid so far, nothing but work for this, work for that and a mountin of stupid homework" she said. "I had so much trouble in the last charms work, stupid alohomora" she complained.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 04:51

"I didn't find it that difficult," Shelby said, securing her braid with the hair tie from her bag and remembering their last Charms lesson, "Part of the requirements for performing charms are that you can visualize what you want to happen. If you see the lock opening in your head when you perform the spell, the lock will really open," she explained.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 04:56

Theresa grinned "you are such a typical Ravenclaw" she teased. "I suppose I find it hard to visualize, it was the same problem with the feather" she said as she clossed her eyes and smiled, it was such a nice day. "Nice, by the way" she said, gesturing to what her friend was doing with her hair.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 05:05

"And you're a typical Hufflepuff," she teased back. "And thanks, maybe I'll do your hair sometime."

Theresa had sounded rather down about not being able to perform the charms they learned in class well. She sat up and dug through her bag again. "Maybe you just need to start with something a little simpler," she said, pulling from her bag the diary that she wrote in every night. The lock on the diary was much smaller and less complex than the locks they had been opening in class. "Try it on this lock," she passed the diary to Theresa.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 05:12

Theresa stuck her tongue out "and just what makes me a typical Hufflepuff?" she asked, grinning. She took the diary and looked at it nervously. She took her wand out of her bag and pointed it at the small lock. "Alohomaora" she mumbled, she frowned when nothing happened. "Alohomora" she said, she was annoyed, she was trying to imagine the lock opening but it was hard. She tried it again "Alohomaora- Shelby, I cant do it" she said, her eyes widened when she heard a click. She looked down and grinned "yes!, thanks Shelby, I am going to practise on smaller locks" she said. Her grin grew "now let's see what is in this about Indiana" she teased.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 05:21

Shelby thought quickly to remember what the last thing she'd written in the diary was. It was about her and Indiana fixing up the car they'd found by the Forest and how smart he was for knowing so much about cars and...

Shelby thought about trying to snatch the diary away but it was just out of her grasp. "Fine, I don't care," she bluffed. "There's nothing about him in there anyway."

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 05:24

Theresa frowned "shame, I wanted to know what was in the mind of a boy loving zombie" she said as she passed the diary back to her friend. "Seriously though, how did you get so smart with Charms?" she asked as she picked at the grass and put them in a heap, something that she had found herself doing quite a lot when she was on the grass.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 05:54

Shelby gave a mental sigh of relief. Her bluff had worked. She relocked the diary (even though that was pretty useless now that everyone knew the Alohamora charm) and stuffed it back into her bag with the rest of her school stuff.

"I don't know," she said honestly. "Transfiguration and Charms just seem to come easily. DADA too, to some extent. It's Potions and Herbology that I have trouble with," Shelby said. "Those two are really hard. I'm not sure if I'm going to take them again next year."

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 05:57

Theresa snorted "wow, there are classes that the great Ravenclaw doesn't find easy" she teased as she pattered the top of her small grass mountin. "I am not even going to try Herbology, it would be way too hard" she said. "Anyway, back to the most serious matter ever" she said with a determind expression. "Do you think that thing was the giant squid's girlfriend?" she asked before giggling.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 06:06

"Just because they're hard doesn't mean that they're impossible. I'm not sure if I'll take them again, but that all depends on how the rest of this year goes."

Shelby laughed. "Who knows? It might be his girlfriend. Or her boyfriend. Did we ever find out if the giant squid is a boy or a girl?" she snickered.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 06:11

Theresa grinned "I don't know, I don't even know how we can tell which it is" she said with a shrug. "I am still going to miss that lesson out though, Potions, Transfigurations, Charms and DADA are fine for me, not everyone can handle all the lessons shelby, you cootie carrying zombie" she said, sticking her tongue out at her friend and throwing a bit of grass at her.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 06:20

"I'm not taking all the classes," Shelby said, tossing a bit of grass back, "I'm not taking Astronomy. And I'm not a cootie carrying zombie," she threw another bit of grass.

"I think I'm going to ask Professor Williams later if she knows what gender the squid is. Then we would at least know if what we saw is its boyfriend or its girlfriend."

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 06:25

Theresa snorted "fine, all the classes... except one, big difference" she said, rolling her eyes teasingly as she brushed the grass off her. She grinned as she threw some back at her "that sounds good, if it was even a squid that we saw" she said thoughtfully. "And yes you are" she said childishly.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 07:06

Shelby stuck her tongue out at Resa. "I do not have cooties and I am not a zombie. At least me and Lauren are honest about everything, unlike you little miss secret keeper," Shelby taunted. "You were blushing when we talked by the lake and when we were playing truth or dare you wouldn't tell us anything about why you were blushing," she giggled, determined to get the truth out of her friend.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 07:09

Theresa stuck her tongue out in retaliation "I did not blush, I never blush" she said dramatically. "That is just the cooties getting to your brain, your imagining things" she said, pretending to be sad for her friend. She stopped and huffed "I did answer the questions given to me during that game" she said stubbonely as she tried to keep a straight face.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 07:16

"I don't have cooties!" Shelby squealed. "I haven't done anything that would infect me with the cootie virus! And yes you do blush, and I didn't say you didn't answer your truth question. I said that when we asked you to further explain, you wouldn't tell us anything," Shelby crossed her arms and stared Resa down, hoping to get a little more information. "Why wouldn't you tell us? Don't you trust me and Lauren?"

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 07:19

Theresa raised an eyebrow "of course I trust you, maybe not Lauren but I trust you, its just that it is nothing, it's tiny, something miniscule that is not important what so ever" she said, emphasising it by putting her hands together with a small gap in the middle. "Also, you have cooties for spending time with him, or have you kissed him to?" she asked making kissy sounds, giggling at her friend.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 07:25

"You can't get cooties just from being around someone, otherwise everyone would have them because there are boys in all of our classes, and no I haven't kissed him so you can stop making those awful noises," Shelby blushed and poked Theresa in the side.

"And if it is a tiny, miniscule, not important thing then how come you're trying so hard to hide it?" she asked smartly, using her Ravenclaw logic to her advantage.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 07:30

Theresa giggled as she scooted away from her friend. "Fine smarty, it may be tiny, miniscule and not important but it is also very embarrising" she said. She thought for a moment before grinning "Shelby and Indiana sitting in the forest, k-i-s-s-i-n-g" she sung quietly before giggling uncontrolably. She made sure that she made the kissy noises louder as she fell back onto the grass laughing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 02:27