Fun

Re: Fun

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 12:20

"I don't want to get rid of you," she said. "It just bugs me that I haven't finished my transfiguration homework yet."

She looked out over the lake, where she could just make out the giant squid bobbing it's head near the surface of the water. "I don't know," she said. "I'm not sure of a name that would be appropriate for him."

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 12:23

Theresa nudged Hilary slightly "It's fine, I know you wouldn't, you like me too much" she joked as she grinned at her friend. Her face lit up "Lil Tom" she said cheerfully when she finally saw her hypoactive kitten run to the tree as fast as it's four little legs could carry it.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 12:29

"I don't know if that name would go over so well with the general public," she said, frowning. "People might think we're making a reference to You-Know-Who before he was... Oh, your cat."

She felt a blush creep up her cheeks, feeling incredibly silly. She knew that was Resa's cat's name.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 12:33

Theresa giggled "that would be a fun thing to call the squid though" she said, imagining people's reactions if they thought that they called the squid something after You Know Who. She picked up the kitten and cuddled him but he wouldn't keep still as he tried to bat at her hair. "Why would someone think Lil Tom about You Know Who though?" she asked, wondering why people would think of the name Tom.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 12:37

"I just heard that before he became You-Know-Who, he was Tom Riddle," she said with a shrug. "I just figured that maybe if we called the squid that, they might think it's a reference." She smiled. "We could call it You-Know-Who though. That might be funny. It would definitely confuse people."

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 12:41

"Yeah, didn't know about him being Tom, no wonder he changed his name, that doesn't sound threatening at all" she said as her cat jumped out of her lap. "I think I offended him" she said as the cat strutted s few feet away from her and sat down lazily. She grinned, before looking back at Hilary "did you learn that in History of Magic or something?" she asked.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 12:45

"No, not in History of Magic," she said, shaking her head. "I was doing some reading for my homework about Dumbledore and it was mentioned in one of the chapters. It doesn't really sound threatening at all."

She looked around. "You haven't seen Shelby or Lauren around lately?" she asked. "I haven't seen either of them all day."

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 12:48

Theresa thought for a moment "no I havent, we should go look" she suggested. She stood up and brushed the grass off her before picking up Lil Tom who still seemed offended by what she said about the name Tom. "Ready?" she asked as she turned back to Hilary.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 12:50

Hilary jumped to her feet, shaking the dirt and grass off her robes. She shook her leg, trying to get the feeling back in the foot she had been sitting on for the last little while.

"Ready," she said, picking her bag up from the ground next to her. "Want to try the House of Awesome first?" she asked. "They might have gone there."

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 12:57

Theresa picked her bag up and craddled Lil Tom who seemed to have relaxed. "Yeah ok,no idea where they could be if they are not there so lets just see" she said as she began to walk to the castle. She had wondered why she had not seen her friends yet, that usually meant that something was wrong.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 21:20

Cass sat down on the grassy knoll. Knoll was a cool word, she decided, and she'd better use it more often.
    "How's things?" she said slowly, looking around everyone.
    She slumped against the hill, relaxed.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 21:23

Theresa smiled when she had saw Cassi "Great, nothing really, just relaxing after that transfigurations homework" she said as she sat down with Lil Tom. "Is it just me or is 25 things about a bloody wooden box way too much" she as she thought of the simple box which had nothing on it to write about.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 21:38

"Transfiguration is becoming kind of philosophical- or at the very least, a thinker. I'm pretty much mush after each lesson," she confided. "Walking around aimlessly, screeching at the top of the Astronomy Tower- that's me. Speaking of which, have you seen any ghosts yet? I met Nick, he's nice. But I've not come across Peeves yet. I'd like to though," she added hopefully, sticking her chin out in a defiant manner. "I'd like to think he'd not kill me soon as look at me."

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 21:45

"I feel the same, I thought about doing some screaming after that homework" Theresa said. "I haven't seen any of the ghosts yet, when did you see Nick, is it true that his head is... well you know?" she asked, feeling a little mean about asking such a question. "Peeves probably wouldn't, he wouldn't want the competition" she joked, imagining Peeves getting out tricked by a ghost Cassi all the time.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 21:53

Cass laughed at the idea of Peeves keeping her alive only so he wouldn't have to put up with her dead.
    "Nick is... nice. A little flap of skin's in the way of being headless. He sort of didn't help me in the first DADA lesson actually. I had no partner so I persuaded him. And like an idiot, I only realised it was a catch-your-partner lesson until it was too late. Lucky Indiana caught me- I was about to fall down the steps, and you know how big they are in the DADA classroom at the front." She shuddered.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 21:56

"Yeah, that would have got you a trip to the hospital wing" Theresa said, wincing at the idea. She slumped her shoulders "shame, I missed that lesson because I didn't have a partner" she said. She grinned "although, I probably wouldn't have been any better than Nick, although, I would have tried to trip you up first" she joked as she smiled at her.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 22:11

"It'd suck even more because I despise hospital beds and things. Too many beds just freaks me out no end."
    She came out of her reverie when she realised what Theresa said, she punched her softly on the shoulder. "Meany! Not if I tripped you up first..." king

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 22:15

Theresa laughed "not as mean as you and you know that you would so trip me up if you had the chance" she said. "I know what you mean about the beds, it's all neat too, it's not normal" she said with a shudder. She knew that the hospital wing had to be clean and tidy but it was too the point of a horror film or something.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 22:33

Cass gasped, "I would never... well. I would, but in that situation, I wouldn't." She grinned oddly.
    "Don't tidy hospital beds just make you expect to see Death Eaters jump out or something- its just too normal, isn't it. Its so right, it's wrong..."

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 22:35

Theresa laughed "you so would" she joked. She thought about what she said "yeah, it's like you expect something, anything to be out of place, to make it right but there isn't" she said. She was glad that she had only been to the hospital wing once and was hopefully, never going to go in there or have to sleep in there. "If I had to spend the night in there or something, I would keep my eyes open all night, in case something gets me or something" she said.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 23:00

Hilary headed down towards the lake, decided that it was far too nice of a day to be stuck inside the stuffy castle. The sun was shining, it was fairly warm out and she was so sick of stone walls.

She noticed Theresa and another girl she recognized from Ravenclaw sitting not far from where she was. She approached them.

"Hey guys," she said, sitting down next to them. "Mind if I join you?"

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 23:03

Theresa stroked Lil Tom and picked him up to cuddle him. She was having trouble keeping him still as he tried to bat at her hair. She heard a voice and looked up. She grinned when she saw Hilary "of course" she said. She pattered the grass next to her as she sat up properly. "How have you been?" she asked.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 23:07

Cass clicked her fingers. "Exactly, Theresa! Exactly..."
    A wave of nausea swept over her as Theresa explained what she'd do if she had to spend the night there. "Let's not jinx it," she said quietly. "and in the meantime, we HAVE to go find a spot for Plimply fishing. Let me grab my stack of books- I'm sure I have a Magical Creatures and their Habitats somewhere, back in a second!"

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 23:11

"Hey Resa," she said. "Not too bad. Much better now that all my homework is done and over with. I finally came up with twenty five observations for that stupid box. How about you?"

She listened as the other girl talked about plimply fishing. She had no idea what in the world a plimply was, but she figured they would probably be in the lake, unless the exploding snap cards killed them all. She kept quiet.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 23:16

"Yep I actually just finished that homework about two hours ago" Theresa said. "It was so horrible, I think I just started repeating stuff for the last two points" she said, shrugging. "Apart from that nightmare, I am good" she said, she saw the look of confusion on Hilary's face and thought that she would explain. "A Plimpy is a weird fresh water creature, I found out about it today from Black and it is in the book he pointed out for me, I want to catch one for a bet, they are so cute and small" she said, showing the page to her friend with the picture of the small ball like creature with long legs.

Last edited by Theresa Cotgrave on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 23:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelled creature wrong)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 20 Sep 2017, 02:35