Fun

Re: Fun

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 23:18

Breathing heavily, Cass sat back down. "Here," she said proudly, handing Theresa her copy of Magical Creatures and their Habitat.
    "Hullo, Hilary," she said cheerily. "You want to look for Plimplies with us? You don't have to wade in, you can be a look out if you like."

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 23:21

Theresa grinned as she looked at the two books "exelant, we have a artist's picture of them in the book Black pointed out and we have a location from your book Cassi, this is going to be so much fun" she said happily. "I wonder what I will call my plimpy..." she said as she thought about what kind of names they would suit.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 23:21

Hilary was glad for the explanation of what a plimply was. She decided that maybe taking Care of Magical Creatures in her third year might just be a good idea after all.

"What nightmare?" she asked, curiously. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, though," she added quickly. "And speaking of Black, did he ever respond to you last night?"

She turned to Cassopeia. "Hey." She looked out over the water. It looked cold. "I think I'll do the look out thing. Just... What am I looking for exactly?"

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 23:26

"'Esa, show her the picture. It's a good thing I brought my Wellies to Hogwarts, too!" she added brightly, holding up her pair.
    The water looked cold, a part of her mind cautioned.
    But of course, it wouldn't be her mind jumping in there, it'd be her feet, so what was the point in listening?
    "Theresa, Hilary, you ready?" she jumped up, and walked over to the book. "It says they manifest in groups around shallow water edges." She scanned the horizon. "Where do you think the most shallow edge of the lake is?"

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 23:28

"The one where I drown in a pit of lion teddies" Theresa said, grinning as she remembered it. "A Plimpy looks like a small round fish with two legs ending in webbed feet" she explained. She looked over her shoulder at the lake "they live in fresh water so there must be some in there and I don't know about you guys but I intend to get one as a pet" she said as she showed her the picture. Probably the other side" she said to Cassi before she walked to the edge of the lake.

Last edited by Theresa Cotgrave on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 23:33; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 23:31

"I think the shallowest part is just down there," she said, pointing down to where they had gone swimming, just a few metres from where they were now. "You can walk fairly far before you hit any major drop offs."

She followed the other two down to the edge of the water, careful not to get her clothes or shoes wet. She looked out over the water, trying to see the creatures they had been talking about.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 23:34

Cass followed Hilary and Theresa.
    "Right, well, I'm not afraid to get wet, so I'll jump in. You catching it with a net, or a summoning charm? I don't know how to do that," she said gingerly. "I'll just walk in now, get acclimatized."
    Pulling on her wellies, and putting her best foot forward, Cass slid into the knee high water. "Gahhh."

(a/n going to my gran's tonight, looking after her. see you tomorrow.)

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 23:56

Theresa laughed at Cassi's reaction as she took her shoes and socks off. She had ruined her last pair of shoes during her first trip into the lake and didn't want to ruin another, they were her favourite. She walked into the lake and tried to look around for any signs of the Plimpy's.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov 2017, 10:45