Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whomping Willow & The Shrieking Shack

Whomping Willow & The Shrieking Shack - Page 3 Empty Re: Whomping Willow & The Shrieking Shack

Post by Guest Sun 08 Aug 2010, 09:16

Cass ambled over to the mad tree, letting Bradley hop out of her hand. Through the thick branches, he manouvered through easily, until he was close, at which point the tree had paved a path for him. He jumped on the trip switch with a victorious 'Ribbit' staring at Cass to follow.
    Tonight was a precaution, she'd figured. How tonight went would make a difference.
    Down, below the grass the air was dank, and heavy. It made her sleepy already.
    Was Alex Marling in the forest, waiting for her? Would Bradley be able to protect himself if -because if Alex was in there, it would now only be a matter of time- he came for Cass?
    Too much drama.
    Cass straightened out a blanket, and let Bradley sit on it. She placed a jar of Lacewing Flies open next to him.
    She sat on the cold floor, and looked through the roots to peak at the stars.

Whomping Willow & The Shrieking Shack - Page 3 Empty Re: Whomping Willow & The Shrieking Shack

Post by Guest Sun 08 Aug 2010, 09:25

Theresa skipped passed the lake, to her favourite spot near the forest where she liked to sit. She flipped though her book on dragon breading when she heard a ribbit. She had only seen one frog around Hogwarts before, Bradley. She wondered if it was him, she looked up from her book and noticed that the Whomping Willow wasnt moving. She grinned to herself.
    Cassico she thought.
    She closed her book and held it tightly as she skipped over to the Whomping Willow. She saw her under the roots of the tree, she was planning on sneaking up to her and asking if she was having fun but the expression on her friend's face stopped her. She seemed uneasy for some reason, maybe even... scared.
    She walked up to her, trying her hardest to be seen before asking softly "everything ok?".

Post by Guest Sun 08 Aug 2010, 09:28

Alexandra had been walking along the lake when she saw Cass in the distance, near the whomping willow. As she continued to look, she saw someone who she thought was Theresa going there also. Breaking into a light job, the better to get some exercise, she reached the tree. "What's up?" she asked, panting slightly.

Post by Guest Sun 08 Aug 2010, 09:35

Theresa smiled when she saw Alexandra "hey, I was just walking to the forest when I saw Cassico here and thought I would see how she was" she said. She turned back to Cassi and hoped that she was alright, she still seemed slightly unerved by something. She wished that she could help, maybe she could.

Post by Guest Sun 08 Aug 2010, 10:14

Flinching, drawing her wand out and almost screaming when Theresa covered her view of the stars, Cass stood herself up.
    Where was Bradley?!
    At which point she saw him bouncing near her shoulder. And behind Theresa was Alex.
    What scared her was that Cass was still scared.
    "Did he send you?" she said haughtily, but still letting them come inside.

Post by Guest Sun 08 Aug 2010, 10:18

Theresa walked closer to Cassi and offered a warming smile. Something was obviously scaring her, she just didn't know what. "Hey Cassico, did who send us?" she asked, hoping to cheer her friend up slightly by using the new name for her that she found quite funny when she first mentioned it to her.

Post by Guest Sun 08 Aug 2010, 10:29

Alexandra also made her way into the tree, climbing up onto one of the heavy branches. "Yeah, what do you mean?" she asked, taking a closer look at Cass, who seemed to be scared or upset or something. Frowning slightly, she gave herself a leg up and asked, "Is everything all right?"

Post by Guest Sun 08 Aug 2010, 10:36

She could see the innocence etched on their faces. She withdrew her wand. They were safe.
    Of course they were! They were her best friends! What had gotten into her?!
    She quirked an eyebrow, crookedly smiling. "Merlin," she said empathically. "We're having quite the love affair you know."

Post by Guest Sun 08 Aug 2010, 10:56

Theresa laughed slightly as she put her book down, she would think about Shasta later, this is more important.
    "So how is everything then Cassico?" she asked.
    Cassi seemed a little better but there was still something there, something scared or nervous. She wondered what had happened but didn't want to pry too much. One thing she learnt with Cassi was if she didn't want to talk about something then it was best to wait. Trying to force her to tell was just going to make her feel worse.

Post by Guest Sun 08 Aug 2010, 19:37

"Things are... odd, but they're better now you're here!"
    Being happy was the way to let Cass stay alone for tonight. She wouldn't be able to live with herself if Alex got hold of her best friend Alex or Theresa.
    She tried to think of something to try to get them to go back to the castle. Alex after the portkey, had a heightened sense of smell. He probably knew where she was right now.
    "You've both got a present in the Room Of Requirement," she blurted.

Post by Guest Mon 09 Aug 2010, 03:05

The breeze of the outdoors was cold and Indiana was certainly feeling comfortable as it swept through his hair. The youth, wearing a black-cloaked attire, carrying a long walking stick along with a knapsack took time to enjoy the cool air as he neared the Whomping Willow before noticing that Cassopeia had some company, Theresa Colgrave along with another Ravenclaw that he hadn't seen before.

"Enjoying the weather?" Indiana asked, making his presence known.

Post by Guest Mon 09 Aug 2010, 03:16

Cass grinned when Indiana came into view, she looked at the walking stick with a quizzical look, and guessed it had something to do with the tentacled creature from the Lake.
    "You good, Indiana?" she beamed. "My humble abode and I seem to be the hotspot at the moment."

Post by Guest Mon 09 Aug 2010, 03:45

"It's everyday that someone is hanging around the Whomping Willow in a peacefully serene manner. I've been well, though I didn't expect to feel some stiff tension when walking." Indiana replied, gesturing to the walking stick on his left. The youth then set the knapsack down before looking out at the lake, which was rather close by in distance.

"Nice to see you again, Theresa." Indiana remarked before turning towards the unknown Ravenclaw next to Theresa. "I'm Indiana Lamperouge of Hufflepuff House. And you are?"

Post by Guest Mon 09 Aug 2010, 03:54

"Is it from the time you came face to face with the monsters of the lake?" asked Cass. "You can come inside the tree, you know, instead of us all standing up here- it's about to rain. Come on!" she pulled at Theresa's clothes, and dragged her down the roots, hoping Indiana and Alex would follow suit after they were acquainted.

(a/n they're both mot online atm, they'll be punished.)

Post by Guest Mon 09 Aug 2010, 03:57

Theresa nodded "hey Indiana" she said before turning back to Cassi. "Mosters in the lake, do you mean that poor octopus?" she asked. She remembered something Hilary and Shelby has told her. It seemed that the poor octopus was disturbed by something and had to protect itself.
    (a/n Oi, I am, I just woke up Razz )

Post by Guest Mon 09 Aug 2010, 04:24

"Yeah, that 'poor octopus' pounced on Indiana, you know," she pouted, "I think it deserves it's reputation of a hardened criminal- after all, it is one," she stuck her nose up in the air jokingly. "So, Indie, what you got in your bag?" she asked as she led the way into the Shrieking Shack.

(Alex Black'll come on soon)

Last edited by Cassopeia Marling on Mon 09 Aug 2010, 04:56; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon 09 Aug 2010, 05:49

Indiana turned to Cassopeia. "Well, I have a gallon of mineral water and some commodities to make tea and lemonade. Not much on selection for refreshments but I prefer carrying lightweight when traveling about like this."

He then took out his helmet/mask with the opal visor before placing it over his face. The MASKED Hufflepuff then brought out a glowstick to illuminate the path ahead.

Post by Guest Mon 09 Aug 2010, 05:55

"Lemonade, eh? That's really cool. I forget you can actually make it sometimes. Mind like a sieve."
    Indiana put his mask on, with cover at the top which also made it a helmet.
    "Now that's funny," she said wryly, "because look what I have too."
    Her mask, peacock feathered. She slapped it on, the elastic already digging above her ears.
    "Where do you suppose we're heading, if we're going 'on foot'? And what are the masks for?" her bemused smile soon grew smaller.
    "We're not going into the forest, are we?"

Last edited by Cassopeia Marling on Mon 09 Aug 2010, 06:02; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon 09 Aug 2010, 06:01

"Of course not." the MASKED Hufflepuff replied, making his voice sound a bit synthetic. "But I'd rather avoid being clearly identified by unwanted characters that might stumble upon the humble abode that you are leading me to."

He then offered the glowstick to the MASKED Ravenclaw. "You can take this if you want. Do you have Bradley with you?"

Post by Guest Mon 09 Aug 2010, 06:07

"Thanks." the MASKED Ravenclaw gathered the glowstick in her palms, her fingertips still not fully healed from the exploding carrot fancy dress costume.
    "Eh, Bradley's on your head, Zero," she said, pointing at his head, stifling a laugh.
    "What unwanted characters- you mean the one I told you about the one last night?"

Post by Guest Mon 09 Aug 2010, 06:21

"Not entirely, although that one could be added to the group." the MASKED Hufflepuff replied. "Just about any stranger that might see us once we get there."

As he moved his head, he felt a small but significant weight on the top of his helmet, realizing that Bradley was hitching a ride.

"Negative, how much further until we get there?" the MASKED Hufflepuff asked.

Post by Guest Mon 09 Aug 2010, 06:27

"Right, okay," Negative breathed a sigh in relief. Zero had navigated over that awkward question easily. "So sleuths times two is on the menu?"
    "You alright there, Brad?" she asked, happy Zero hadn't moved him.
    Negative kicked a large log out of the way, "watch that tree trunk," she said softly. They had now arrived at the stairs. They looked pretty much on their last legs. "You think we should go up? I planned to sleep underneath them. But I could levitate you up?"

Post by Guest Mon 09 Aug 2010, 06:33

Zero looked at the ruined stairs and had to admit that a new one was needed as a replacement.

"Well, if you could levitate me up, I could look for a mattress and some other useful items before bringing them all back for you." he replied as he set the large knapsack down before clutching the walking stick with his left hand.

"Just be sure to get Bradley off and keep an eye on the tunnel entrance." he added. "Ready when you are."

Post by Guest Mon 09 Aug 2010, 06:39

"Bradley, come here, dude," she opened her arms out to the side of Zero's face. Begrudgingly, Bradley took slow steps back into her arms. She placed him under her ear, and covered him up with her long hair.
    "Thanks Zero. For everything. Wingardium Leviosa!"
    Negative watched in amazement as the levitation charm went faster than usual, she must have improved since her last lesson of Charms.

Post by Guest Mon 09 Aug 2010, 06:47

Feeling the Levitation Charm take effect, Zero felt himself being lifted off the ground towards the trapdoor entrance of the Shrieking Shack. Emerging through and finding his footing, Zero held his long walking stick with one hand while surveying the interior of the structure. Making his way upstairs, his ears heard the creaking of wood as his footsteps echoed them. It wasn't long before he found some torn curtains along with a small mattress.

A few minutes later, Zero returned to the trapdoor. "Negative, get clear! I'm sending a mattress down!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 13:48