Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slytherin Robes.

Slytherin Robes. Empty Slytherin Robes.

Post by Guest Tue 10 Aug 2010, 20:48

Cass absently threw around the rock that was in her hand. She was getting pretty good at catchin- wait, joke. Cass had always been a good thrower.
    She looked back at the robes laid folded next to her. A slytherin, no doubt, seeing as the badge was a snake.
    She wondered if he'd come to collect them.

Slytherin Robes. Empty Re: Slytherin Robes.

Post by Guest Tue 10 Aug 2010, 21:00

Jasmeet had been walking along the lawn of the castle, when she saw Cass holding robes that were not hers. It was apparent that they weren't because they had the Slytherin badge on it.

She walked up to the girl, the fight the day before forgotten, and said, "Cass you waiting for someone?"

Post by Guest Tue 10 Aug 2010, 21:05

"Yep," said Cass as she turned, hoping that was a feminine voice on a slytherin boy. "Oh, it's you."
    Her mind run through what had happened yesterday. "What you up to?" she said awkwardly, wanting to forget about it. She was always one to take the sodding bait.
    "He's a slytherin," she said abruptly.

Post by Guest Tue 10 Aug 2010, 21:14

"Yeah I realised," she said, pointing at the robe. "You know when his going to come? I'll wait here with you".

Jasmeet had been waiting to talk to Cass all day, and meeting a new person excited her, she just wanted to put the whole week behind her and wanted to start a new one already.

Post by Guest Tue 10 Aug 2010, 22:36

Dimitri's pace was slow. Normally, he was quicker, with an energetic bounce to his step, but these were not normal times for him. Instead, his walk became more of a lazy stroll, giving him time to take in all of the sights, sounds and even smells of the Hogwarts grounds. He could already tell he was going to have trouble adapting to the place, with different policies, different people, and worst of all, a different climate. He found it hard to believe anyone could constantly wear robes in this heat. But remember, Dimitri, he chided himself, the people here are used to this weather.

For a moment, he felt such a pang of homesickness for Durmstrang, for the fields of snow, for the dark and brooding sky, that he could barely even concentrate on his surroundings. It was in this melencholy daze that he stumbled upon his fellow students. A few paces short of the two, he became aware of their presence, and held back. How would they react to him?

"Good morning," he said softly. "I am Dimitri Krum."

Post by Guest Tue 10 Aug 2010, 22:42

"Yo, Dimitri!" Cass offered a high-five. "Glad you could make it, my friend. I'm the one who sent you the Owl about the robes. I'm guessing you dropped them around while you were transfering."
    She grinned, and let Jaz introduce herself.

"I'm forgetting my manners. I'm Cassopeia Marling, but it's Cass for short."

Post by Guest Tue 10 Aug 2010, 22:51

Before her stood the boy she guessed was for whom Cass had been waiting. He seemed nice, but had a look of homesickness on his face. Pushing that thought aside, she remembered her manners, and smiled, “Hey nice to meet you Dimitri, I’m Jasmeet Kaur”.

She motioned to him to make himself comfortable with her and Cass on the grass.

Post by Guest Tue 10 Aug 2010, 22:57

"Cassiopeia? Named for the greek legend, or the constellation? Either way, it is a pleasure to meet you."He offered her a friendly smile, but did not raise his hand to meet her 'five'. He turned to the other girl, his smile not slipping. "And Jasmeet was it? I do not believe I have ever heard that name before. It is nice to meet you as well."

Dimitri had noticed her gesture towards the grass, but he did not follow it. Instead, his feet carried him closer to the edges of the water. With one hand raised to shield his eyes from the glare of the sun reflecting off the water, he peered out over the lake. "Your school is very..." His voice trailed off, as he pondered for a moment on the right adjective. "Very pretty."

Post by Guest Tue 10 Aug 2010, 23:05

Jasmeet just grinned at the boy, she wasn't sure what really to say. Though she saw that he was really hesitant, first of he didn't meet Cass' high five, and then didn't follow her gesture to join them on the grass. She guessed that she'd leave to him.

Standing up, she walked towards him, "Thanks," she said simply.

Post by Guest Tue 10 Aug 2010, 23:07

"Pretty, eh?" said Cass with a wry smile, unsure of whether Dimitri was being rude, or was just unsure of the social customs of Britain. After all, Durmstrang was pretty far away from anything Cass could've imagined, after her friend Owled pictures to her. "I think Durmstrang wins on the architecture, though. Solid walls, Hogwarts, but overall, I think Durmstrang wins."
    Cass looked to the left absently. Oh! The robes.
    "These are yours," she said shyly. "I don't have a clue why they were hanging on the bell in the Clock Tower, but they have your name in, and I checked they aren't cursed."
    Although Cass had a nagging suspicion it was Peeves who'd put them there. Ever since that night in the Whomping Willow, he'd up'd his game.

Post by Guest Tue 10 Aug 2010, 23:15

"Durmstrang?" For a moment, the homesick look was gone, and a smile bloomed on Dimitri's face, transforming him from the gloomy boy he had been the last few weeks to something of his old self again, the kind of smile that warmed hearts and earned stares. "I would guess you could say it has its own appeal, but compared to all of this, Durmstrang is very plain, very spartan." He tossed his head back, looking up at the sky. "Shorter then your Hogwarts, by several stories. Where you elegantly climb towards the sky, Durmstrang hunkers down in the dirt. Where you have lakes of blues and fields of greens, we are colorless and drab." His head lowered once more, and turned towards the two girls, but that charming smile lingered. "No, compared to Durmstang, Hogwarts is the princess at the ball."

His smile began to fade, however, when the robes were presented to him. Now where have these come from? he wondered to himself, as he reached out for them. "Thank you, Cassopeia," he said faintly. And why would she think them cursed?

Post by Guest Tue 10 Aug 2010, 23:21

Jasmeet stayed silent, it seemed like the boy hadn't fit in properly yet. "Have you had a walk around the castle? Because if you haven't, me and Cass would love to help you out".

She shuddered at the thought when she had started Hogwarts, first few days were spent in homesickness and she could see that Dimitri was going through the same.

Post by Guest Tue 10 Aug 2010, 23:28

Cass harrumphed, "Cass and I, Jasmeet."
    She turned to Dimitri, "but don't you think that the stone walls of Durmstrang were formidable? While Hogwarts has the fancy stuff, that place really is a fortress." She added, hiding a smile, "Besides, being small in height isn't wrong. Durmstrang and I just become cooler!"

Cass wondered if her full name was going to stick, she mind laughed. These exchange students didn't know what was best for them.
    "How long have you been here? We haven't seen you around. Have you even been to a lesson?" she added, it sounding more questioning than she'd've liked.
    She flashed a smile.

Post by Guest Tue 10 Aug 2010, 23:33

Jasmeet wasn't sure how much Dimitri was willing to tell her and Cass, but taking the risk, she asked, "Any particular reason as to why you moved from Durmstrang to Hogwarts?"

She had read about Durmstrang, but she would love to get all the details about the sky, after all, she had so much to learn.

Post by Guest Tue 10 Aug 2010, 23:33

"I appreciate your offer, Jasmeet, but I prefer to do my exploring on my own. It allows me to concentrate on what I am doing, to make it easier to remember. Having such wonderful company would be distracting."

He turned back towards the castle, letting his eyes roam over it once more. Yes, there was nothing wrong with not being so tall, and yes, Durmstrang was indeed a veritable fortress, but there was a simple elegance to the castle of Hogwarts that was breathtaking.

"No, Cassopeia, I have not had a chance to attend any classes, and nor do I know which I am enrolled in. I have only arrived today." To be truthful, classes had not even crossed Dimitri's mind yet. With everything that had happened leading up to his transfer, education was the last thing on his mind, but he knew that would have to change.

Post by Guest Tue 10 Aug 2010, 23:54

(a/n, the previous owner of your account bought their books. if you click on your name, and scroll down, you'll find your books, and what classes to go for. Also, if you havent already, Mail Prof. Mitchell, and tell her you've arrived from Durmstrang)
    "If you want to go explore now, go for it- now I've returned your robes to you, I'm all good. Tell me, you got any subject you're really looking forward to?"
    While Dimitri replied, Cass thought about his previous words. Now she looked at Hogwarts, she understood. It was breathtaking, now she noticed the work that must have been put into it.

Post by Guest Wed 11 Aug 2010, 07:59

Naty was walking outside, and her feet dragged her to the lake, there she saw Cass and Jasmeet with a boy, she was sure, she hadn’t seen before, curious about him, and seeing that they were talking quite comfortably, she approached them. *maybe I can meet this new guy more easily seeing he’s already talking with people I know* she thought while wishing she knew how to start a conversation.
    “Hi cass, Hi jasmeet, nice day to be outside” she waved at them with a smile, and then she turned to the boy *this one definitely isn’t from around* she thought while she greeted him “Hi! I’m Naty!” hoping that that would be polite enough, she still didn’t know all the customs from this place.

Post by Guest Wed 11 Aug 2010, 08:32

"Subjects I am looking forward to?" Krum tilted his head slowly, as he thought. "Perhaps. But, Hogwarts is very different in more ways then just appearance. I am told, for example, that you do not even teach the Dark Arts here." He hefted the robes, swinging them up over his shoulder to settle their burden on a more sturdy part of the body. "But, well all do what we can with what's available, don't we?"

He turned his eyes back to the castle once more, shaking his head faintly. "I am looking forward to all of my classes, and any other activity I am put in." Except Quidditch, he added silently.

His eyes came away from the castle once more, and settled on the newcomer. "Hello, Naty. I don't believe I have ever heard that name before. I am Dimitri Krum."

Post by Guest Wed 11 Aug 2010, 08:49

Cass snickered- apparantly he hadn't heard many girls' names before.
    "Well the key word in Dark Arts is Dark, y'see Dimitri, and we're well away from the dark stuff. You into Quidditch at all? A good flier? I want to know if us Ravenclaws have any competition," she grinned.

Post by Guest Wed 11 Aug 2010, 08:57

*maybe he's realted to that Krum guy from quidditch...* she thought, but wasn't really shure, she wasn't one to take interest in famous people.
    "don't worry, I bet no one here has heard my name before, I'm not from around, so that would explain it, it's actually really common where I come from" she said while shrugging.
    "so, what do you like to do? on your free time" she asked hoping again she was not being too intruding

Post by Guest Wed 11 Aug 2010, 09:58

"Quidditch?" Dimitri shook his head quickly. "No, I am not at all interested in Quidditch." Truth be told, Dimitri was an okay flier, but he did not find any enjoyment in the sport itself. "I am more focused on my school work at the moment. I have to get some pretty decent grades to get where I plan on going." He offered all of the girls a little smile. "What about you? What is there to do around Hogwarts for fun?"

Post by Guest Wed 11 Aug 2010, 10:10

Cass thought about what there was to do other than Quidditch and lessons. "There's a dueling club, and I think there's going to be a few more groups once the teachers get less busy, what with the first term back and all. Mostly it's us all hanging around. I'm usually near the Whomping Willow or lake. It varies for everyone, I guess. The forbidden forest iis good for a laugh, as long as a teachers not about," Cass added, hoping the new guy wouldn't be caught if he went there.

Cass wondered where her slinky was. Those things were her bread and butter. "So Naty, DADA bud, how're things?" and before Cass could stop herself, she asked, "ever tried Cauliflower Pureé?

Last edited by Cassopeia Marling on Wed 11 Aug 2010, 10:23; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed 11 Aug 2010, 10:20

Naty smiled wide, you didn’t find often someone who wasn’t interested in quidditch. “well, it all depends on what kind of activity you like, I’m pretty sure you can find something interesting, there’s this girl who’s amazing as a cook, so she has a kitchen where you can go, or you can watch the duels in the dueling club, but that’s entirely to your likes and dislikes.
    I’ve wanted a dinghy to sail, but I haven’t figured out who I should ask…” she said mostly to herself.
    “so! What do you like to do?” she said coming out of her absorption and smiling again.

Post by Guest Wed 11 Aug 2010, 18:08

"Hey Naty," she smiled at the girl, she was pleased to see another Gryffindor. Turning her gaze towards the Slytherin boy, she sensed that there was something that was bothering him. But she didn't feel that she had the right to ask just yet, for heck, they had only met a few minutes ago.

"Dimitri? What do you most miss about Drumstrang?" she asked, hoping that she wasn't hitting a soft spot.

Post by Guest Wed 11 Aug 2010, 21:09

In Durmstrang, Dimitri had been very involved in the dueling, but there it was less of a club and more of a part of daily life. While his father had been in Durmstrang he had been renowned as the greatest duelist the school had ever seen, and Dimitri had been keen to follow in his footsteps. But here, however...

"I do not know. I might look into the duelling scene." His shoulders rose and fell slightly. "What do I miss most about Durmstrang? Familiarity, Jasmeet. In Durmstrang, I knew my way around, I had friends, family near by. Here, everything is different, new. Nothing is..." He paused, looking confused. "What is the word I am looking for? Ah yes, comforting! Nothing is comforting. My apologies, my familiarity with english still needs some work."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 00:42