Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hmmm...

Hmmm... Empty Hmmm...

Post by Guest Sat 14 Aug 2010, 22:31

Jasmeet stopped when she reached the edge of the Lake, the coldness of the breeze passing by her face, making her hair flow behind her. She sat down on the grass, a place where she had a clear view of the Lake and everything around her. She smiled at the scene before her.

Hmmm... Empty Re: Hmmm...

Post by Guest Sat 14 Aug 2010, 22:35

Jogging. It was such a mundane activity, such a Muggle activity. But, Dimitri's father had always told him that an Auror needed to be fit, so he tried to get a little jogging in every day. Today, he was making his way out towards the lake before classes. It would not be a long jog, but it would be enough to get the heart racing. In the distance, he saw Jasmeet, and wondered what she would be doing out so early.

Post by Guest Sat 14 Aug 2010, 22:41

Turning her gaze from the Lake to the distance behind it, she noted how beautiful the skies looked in the early morning. She had always loved watching the sun rise, the highlights of the sun spreading around. She had always watched it with her father, and now that he was gone, it was the only memory that she could remember without feeling any pain.

Post by Guest Sat 14 Aug 2010, 22:43

As he came up behind Jasmeet, he began to slow. A little while ago she had told him that he was not being friendly enough, so perhaps here was a chance to change that. He walked closer slowly, making sure she was able to hear him approaching. "Hey there," he called out. "Beautiful scenery."

Post by Guest Sat 14 Aug 2010, 22:47

Samantha had woken up especially early for this. Her... satchel had been getting all cooped up in the common room, the poor thing. She couldn't blame it, it needed fresh air and exercise and it also needed to be away from prying eyes.

In the distance, she saw someone jogging but it was too far to make out who it was. Deciding to not bother them, she set her satchel down on the ground and took up a place beside a nearby tree, getting out a copy of Quintessence A Quest she had borrowed from the library. She hadn't even opened the book when a white blur shot out of her satchel and was out of sight.

Post by Guest Sat 14 Aug 2010, 22:49

Jasmeet heard the voice, and looked behind. She saw Dimitri standing there, and she smiled at him.

Turning her gaze back to the scenery, she said, "Yes it is. I used to watch it with my father before..." she stopped, unable to continue, "Come sit," she offered, "What you doing up so early?"

Post by Guest Sat 14 Aug 2010, 22:53

While Dimitri did not particularly like sitting on grass, he lowered himself down next to Jasmeet. After all, it would be rude not to accept. When she spoke of her father, he noticed a similar expression to what he had seen in his own mirror. He suddenly felt very sad for her.

"I'm jogging. Or, well, I was." He chuckled softly. "I like to get my exercise in. My father told me it is important to be an Auror." As he spoke, Dimitri had not noticed the other Slytherin, or her hidden cargo.

Post by Guest Sat 14 Aug 2010, 22:58

"Aurour, huh? Is that what you want to become?" she asked, curiosity building in her voice, but she hadn't moved her head away from the sun. She was mesmerized by its beauty, remembering that it would be over in a few minutes, and it would take away all the happy memories of her father for the day.

Post by Guest Sat 14 Aug 2010, 23:35

As he folded his robes out away form the grass, he nodded. "More then want. I am already training for it. My father was a great Auror, really famous in Russia. All I ever wanted to be as an Auror like him." Dimitri did not know why, but he was opening up to Jasmeet more than he had to anyone since he arrived. Perhaps because now that he knew she had lost her father as well, he felt some kind of kinship.

Post by Guest Sat 14 Aug 2010, 23:41

"I'm sure you'd be a great Auror, especially if your follwing your father's steps," she said, she wasn't sure what she wanted to become, but she knew that it was to do with the Wizarding World. Seeing that the sun had risen, she turned to look at the Slytherin sitting beside her.

Post by Guest Sat 14 Aug 2010, 23:48

He smiled a little at her words. It would mean a lot to Dimitri, to honor the memory of his father. He leaned back, settling into laying on the grass, and gazing up at the early morning sky. He knew he had to do it, no matter how hard the classes got, or what stood in his way. He would be an Auror. "What about you? Any goals to reach for?"

Post by Guest Sat 14 Aug 2010, 23:55

Goals?

"I really don't know what I want to do really to be honest. I'm just taking every day slowly, one by one. Sometimes the thought of the future scares me," she opened up, she hadn't told anyone that, not even Cass. But it was true, after what had happened with her father, and her lifeless mother back home, she never thought about her future but about her mother’s.

Post by Guest Sun 15 Aug 2010, 00:04

Dimitri nodded slowly, and he sighed. "Yeah, the future can be scary." He sat up slowly. Poor Jasmeet seemed really worried. What could he do to make her feel better? "My mother once told me, that the future is what we make it, so if we reach for the sky, one day we might reach it." Dimitri thought that meant that if you worked towards something, you just might get it.

Post by Guest Sun 15 Aug 2010, 00:13

Jasmeet nodded, "My mum always said that too, but I stopped believing it after my father passed away. Now all I think about is my mum's future. She doesn't go out, she is just lifeless". She remembered the letter she had received from her mother a few weeks ago, but she didn’t want to think about that.

“Anyway, you exercise every morning?”

Last edited by Jasmeet Kaur on Sun 15 Aug 2010, 10:45; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sun 15 Aug 2010, 00:20

"When I can," he said, as he adjusted himself to get more comfortable. "I used to, before school. My father and I would go for runs together. But after he passed away..." Dimitri fell silent for a moment. After his father had passed away, he had barely been able to drag himself out of the dorm at Durmstrang, and his mother had moved him to Hogwarts shortly after. "This is my first run since then."

Post by Guest Sun 15 Aug 2010, 00:24

"Well I think you should run more often, it'll make you feel better. And plus, I'll be here every morning, so you won't be alone," she smiled at him. That was true, she would be here every morning, to watch the sunrise, and remember her father. It would make it easier to let go of the pain.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 00:31

He nodded slowly. He was not really sure if running more would make him feel better. It reminded him of what he had lost, but, at the same time, made him feel closer to his father. It brought pain and happiness together, and he was not sure if he could face that daily.

"Yeah, you will be here, won't you?" He could not help but smile at that. It was nice to have a friend, and she was the first true friend he had since coming to Hogwarts.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 08:38

She nodded at him, smiling. "I said I would be," she grinned at him. It was nice to share things that were otherwise hard to think about. At this moment, Jasmeet felt like she and Dimitri had an unsaid bond.

“Can I ask something? What happened to your father?” she asked, but realised too late, that maybe he wouldn’t be comfortable with it.

“Don’t worry, you don’t have to tell me”.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 20:43

What happened to your father? Those were the words Dimitri had feared ever since he had come to Hogwarts. How could he explain, without breaking apart? How could he find the words without finding the tears?

"My father was an Auror. Gustaf Krum. Renowned over Russia." He smiled faintly, as he pictured his father. "He was very driven to his duty. He had to deal with a dark wizard, a pyromaniac, who was burning a path of destruction across Russia, and as my father was known as an excellent duelist, he went to face him. He managed to defeat the dark wizard, but..." This was where his voice faultered. This was the hard part. "There was fire everywere. It was an inferno of magical flames, spreading towards a town full of Muggles. In order to save them..."

He could no longer find the words. He turned away, blinking back the tears that threatened to come. The great Gustaf Krum, burned to death while saving those who could not save themselves. Undone by fire. The gratitude of the survivors, the Order of Merlin awarded post-humously, both great honors. But neither of these brought back his father. "I have to go," he whispered, his voice a mere croak, threatening to break into sobs at any moment. "I... I have to..."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 20:54

Jasmeet had feared this reaction, she wasn't sure what she was going to say, but she knew she had to say something, before he could walk off, she placed her hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry Dimitri, I didn't mean to upset you," she said sadly, her own eyes filling with tears.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 20:59

He shook his head quickly. He could not choke out the words to let her know it was not her fault. How do you let someone know, when you cannot speak? He turned quickly, and his arms wrapped around her, holding her to him tightly. He did not have the words, but his father had always told him that actions spoke louder than words anyway. He held onto Jasmeet tightly as the tears came, and this time, he let them come. He was not alone now.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 22:40

Jasmeet was shocked when his arms around went her shoulders, but she smiled, hugging back. Her mother always said it was best to let your feelings out even if it meant crying, because it showed how strongly you really are. She didn't speak, scared that she might upset him and let his tears was away all the pain he had. She remembered when she had been in the same position and she was relieved that she had helped him.

Her eyes filled with sadness, as she sat there, hugging Dimitri.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 22:51

He did not know how long he had sat there sobbing against Jasmeet. Really, he felt sorry for the girl in a way, it must have been horrible for her. Still sniffling, his arms gently let her go and he straightened up. What could he possibly say that would make it alright? Should he apologise? How does one handle that kind of situation? In the end, Dimitri did the only thing he could think of.

"Thank you..."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 23:00

She felt his arms leave their place for the last few minutes. She grinned at him, "No worries D, I'm here whenever you need me". It was true, she was wanted to be able to be there for him, as a friend and a consoler.

"You seem to be getting comfortable on the grass," she teased remembering his intisl reaction when she had offered him to sit beside her. "And how's Hogwarts treating you? If you ever need help, remember there's always a Jas here," she smiled again.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 23:03

He looked out over the lake as he wiped his tears away with his sleeve. It was nice of her to offer like that. He couldn't really express how much it meant to him, right now, vulnerable as he was.

"It's treating me alright. The classes are okay, the people are friendly." He pauses for a moment. "The grass is growing on me."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 02:56