Contemplating the Dare

Contemplating the Dare

Post by Guest on Sat 14 Aug 2010, 23:07

Hilary was sitting down near the edge of the forest, close enough that she could see past the first row of trees, but far enough that she knew she wouldn't get caught. She had considered going to the lake, which was her preferred place to hang out when not in class or doing homework. But the lake was often crowded, and she didn't want to be asked too many questions.

Man, this dare was going to be hard. She had never been overly good at lying or spinning tales off the top of her head. And yet, this is what she was going to be doing for the next two days, every time someone asked her a questions... What if a professor asked her something?

She sighed. Maybe if she started to think of creative answers to some common questions now, she would find this a bit easier.

Re: Contemplating the Dare

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Aug 2010, 05:02

Theresa skipped around the lake and grinned when she saw Hilary. "Hey Hilary" she called as she skipped over to her. She winced slightly when her head hurt from all the sugar sticks she had the day before but ignored it. "What are you doing here?" she asked, excited to hear what answer she would make up.

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Aug 2010, 10:48

"I'm taking a nap," she said, giving her friend a mock dark look, before sticking her tongue out at the other girl. She knew her friend was looking for some sort of crazy answer as a result of the dare she had been given, and she didn't really feel like playing into that at the moment. Maybe later though.

"Just hanging around," she said. Surely, after she had given her pretend answer, she would be allowed to give a real one. "Watching the forest and thinking about all the stuff that is waiting upstairs for me to get done. What about you?"

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Aug 2010, 11:01

Theresa pouted "no fair, no 'juggling my the monkeys' or 'hanging out with the flamingo'?" she asked, laughing as she sat down on the grass. "I have been up to nothing but lugging this Gryffindor uniform around, I am glad that no one has mentioned it to me yet, Lauren is going to be major upset" she said cheerfully.

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Aug 2010, 11:08

"Not right now," she said, laughing at the thought of juggling monkeys and hanging out with flamingos. She almost wished she could do those things, just so, when asked what she was doing, she could say just hanging around or simply nothing. "Maybe later on though."

She glanced at the uniform that Resa was wearing. "What are you going to say to a professor if they ask why you're wearing that?" she asked.

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Aug 2010, 11:18

Theresa shrugged "I am still thinking about it, no one has really noticed, I have been in the coomon room for the House of Awesome all day so it should be fine and I dont have to wear it in the Hufflepuff common room and dorm" she said as she picked at the grass.
    "I would hate it if a Prof' told me to take it off, I would be a disgrase for the whole of truth or dare" she said dramatically.

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Aug 2010, 11:24

"You would probably be attacked if you wore in in the Hufflepuff common room," she said. "As much as the houses seem to all get along, I don't think they would appreciate it too much. Or maybe it's just Ravenclaw that would be like that."

"You could always just tell whatever professor asked you about it that it was backwards day," she added, with a laugh.

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Aug 2010, 11:27

Theresa laughed "yea, I would so be kicked out of the house and would have to make the House of Awesome my main house, it's better anyway" she joked. She was confused yet amused at what Hilary said "what's backwards day?" she asked, laughing at the strange name. She imagined everyone in the world walking backwards for just that one day or something which would be so fun.

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Aug 2010, 11:37

"If not for the fact that eventually our heads of house would notice," she said, smiling. "We could probably all live in the House of Awesome permanently. It's nicer, and better stocked than our regular houses."

She frowned at her friend. "I can't tell you what backwards day is if you ask me in a question," she reminded her friend. "Unless you want me to tell you that it's when you ride your fluffy, pink unicorn through the forbidden forest after breakfast."

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Aug 2010, 11:44

Theresa nodded "we can always dream and who knows, we could pretend that we are in our normal dorms" she said, thinking of how much fun the challange would be to try.

She burst out laughing at what she had said "that would be awesome, but instead of a pink unicorn, I want it to be a red dragon" she said, it sounded so appealing that it became her new dream.

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Aug 2010, 11:53

"Of course you would," she said, with a laugh. She had never been able to understand her friend's love for dangerous, magical creatures, and she figured that she never really would.

Figuring that it would be okay to answer the question now, she said, "Opposite day when when you do the opposite of what you normally would. It's not really a serious things, just something muggles joke about."

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Aug 2010, 12:03

Theresa grinned "We should so do that day, 'the house of awesone: official backwards day', it could be like a tradition" she said before thinking more into it. "We would have to all swap uniforms, of course you and Shelby cant though because it wouldnt make a different" she said before her grin grew. "oh! and we have to say each others names backwards" she said excitedly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 23 Jul 2017, 14:39