Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiding in Fiction

Hiding in Fiction - Page 4 Empty Re: Hiding in Fiction

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:44

Harmony thought about it. "Hm...I can't say I remember anyone dying during a Hogwart's game, but I'm pretty sure people might've during the big games like with Puddlemere and Appleby. It's certainly a dangerous sport, but it's your choice to go into it." She said, shrugging. "So, at Hogwarts, no. In the big league, probably."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:46

Hilary nodded. This seemed to be quite the game. She was sure she had never heard of anyone dying playing basketball or football. But, she reasoned with herself, those sports weren't nearly as exciting as quidditch seemed to be.

"I can't wait to see a game for myself," she said, realizing that this probably sounded a little weird since they had just been talking about people dying.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:54

"It's quite a game, I assure you," Harmony said, nodding. "It isn't anything like the Muggle sports they always play, oh no. This one shows your accuracy, durability, and sportsmanship. You also have to fly a broom rather well, or at least until you know you won't fall off flying one at top speed."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:00

"Most muggle sports, you just have to run, which doesn't really take a lot of thought," Hilary said. "I imagine that riding a broom takes a great deal more of concentration. At least, it did for me when we were in flying lessons. I guess once you get more used to it, it's not as tricky."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:05

Harmony shook her head. "Not at all! For me, flying a broom is like walking. I could do it with my eyes closed! Granted, I might fly into a tree because they are closed, but you get the point. So, I don't believe it's fair for some people because they haven't been on a broom that long. However, if they choose to sign up, then they better be ready." Harmony said. "Because I'm bringing the heat!"

She laughed happily. Besides Herbology, Quidditch was a great passion of hers.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:08

"Flying into a tree probably isn't the best idea," Hilary said, with a laugh.

"It seems like there's been a lot of people hanging around the quidditch pitch lately, so maybe that's what they're doing. All the people who are a bit uncomfortable on brooms are practising for the big game this weekend."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:18

"I should probably go train some more later," Harmony said, tapping her chin. "I mean, it would be good to get practice in to make sure I don't fly into any trees."

She laughed. "I guess a lot of people feel the need to brush up on their skills for the game. Most of the ones chosen were ones who really wanted to play, and knew how to play, so there isn't that many there who don't know how to do the game."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:21

"Yeah, I think it might be hard for you to catch the snitch when you're running into trees," she teased.

She though for a second. "I guess that means that this game is going to be pretty good, then," she mused. "If it's a bunch of people who already know how to play. As long as you guys aren't going to try and kill each other in order to win or something like that."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:28

Harmony whistled innocently, while grinning. "I wasn't planning on doing anything like that! Not me, no way." She said, laughing. "It's just a game, and I hope everyone remembers that. It's supposed to be for fun until we get to the real stuff next term. Which will be doubly exciting! And I won't run into trees! ...It'll probably be other people."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 16:31