Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfigurations Help

Transfigurations Help - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfigurations Help

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 03:42

"I am not that familiar with the career options of the wizarding world. But you know, even if I did know them, I would never have been able to chose. I guess I would just go with the flow of my marks, making it extremely necessary got me to pass Charms." Alex replied as her shoulders sagged, thinking about how she would pass the 'dancing' exam set by the professor.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 03:46

Theresa thought for a moment "I don't think it would really be dancing, if it was then there is no way I would pass it" she said. She shrugged "maybe it is just a very confusing clue that no one is actually going to get until we have the exam" she said, hopefully.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 03:49

"I asked Cat about it and she suggested that maybe we have to make a pineapple dance. Like Harry Potter had to do in his first year. Which, I guess makes it tougher, since I have no idea how to do that. Which is why I am doing this research." Alex added in, gesturing to the stack of books she had taken out of their shelves.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 03:53

"Maybe, we might have to learn the spell in a lesson or two if he expects us to know it in time for the exam though" Theresa said. "We can hardly get something that we had not learnt yet so if it comes up then that will be the answer to the dancing thing" she said. "Even though it would be funny to dance while casting spells in an exam" she said, grinning as she imagined it.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 03:57

"You mean tripping while casting spells?" Alex corrected, knowing that most of her 'dance' would consist of her tripping all over the place. Suddenly, she found herself giggling hard as the image of her tripping and accidentally-on-purpose her spell hitting Prof. Malfoy and turning him into a slug.

Not that she minded the visual effects.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 04:02

Theresa smiled as she thought about dancing "I would probably knock into something and break it, would be a fun thing to explain through" she said before she straightened up. "'Ms Cotgrave, how did you break this'" she said in an older voice. "I danced during the exam, fell into it and broke it, it was fun" she said in her normal voice before laughing.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 04:08

Alex joined in on her laughter and added,

"Now why, young lady, is professor here, turned into a giant slug?" adapting a perfect imitation of the 50 something year old lady who happened to be her grandmother's best friend.

"I just tripped while dancing and the spell went his way. His fault!" she answered back, this time in the high pitched voice of a five year old.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 04:11

Theresa nearly fell out of her chair in her laughter. "That would just be classic to explain and the look on the Professor's face would be priceless" she said. "Sure though, you did it by accident, I think a lot of people would see through that" she joked before calming down. "That is actually cool, you sounded just like her, you could scare anyone with that" she said.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 04:18

"Thanks! It was really awesome when I got out of detentions like that. I just used to go to the intercom center, shift up a few wires and then in the voice of my principal, I used to tell the classes to empty up. We have an emergency, and then, in all of the rush, who would remember, teensy-weensy problems like me blowing up half of the girls hair?" Alex replied in an innocent tone but with a wink that contradicted it.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 04:20

Theresa laughed "that is amazing, no offence but I am glad I will never be a teacher if someone like you were in a school, I would never be able to keep up" she said. She stopped laughing and grinned "you blew up half of a girls hair?" she asked before laughing again. "Do tell" she said.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 04:25

"Awwwwwwwww! Now you are making me blush!" she said as she covered her cheeks with her hands.

"There really is not much. The girl just got waaaay too teasing over the wrong people. Actually, you see my friend Andria, her mom had made her get a haircut which was apparently 'out-of-style," she paused as she added finger quotes around the word 'out-of-style', "and then this girl started bullying her over it. So I just showed her what a terrible hair cut actually is!" Alex said as she got a really evil look on her face, remembering the day.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 04:33

Theresa scowled, this girl sounded horrible. "I hate people like that, I am glad that I was home schooled when it comes to those people" she said before grinning. "Good on you though, teach her not to be so cruel, I probably would have done the same, only, knowing me, it would have gone wrong some how and I would end up messing up my own hair" she said.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 04:36

"Nah! I almost blew up my own hair but...." Alex shrugged as she trailed off, "I would not have cared. And I did not exactly do it consciously, it was my bit of accidental magic. but the super worst thing is, that I will never figure out how these people become the teacher's pet with dead brains?"

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 04:43

"Sounds fun, you must have been really angry" Theresa said as she thought about what creates accidental magic. "I have a theory that people with no brain cells suck up to the teachers so they don't realise how stupid they really are, that is how they do it, very sneaky" she said, grinning.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 04:46

"But i always wondered, how they got the brain cells needed for thinking that far...." Alex trailed off as she started taking notes on Rowena Ravenclaw.

"But lets not waste our brain cells thinking about freaks." Alex concluded as she shrugged.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 04:49

"Might be after practise of sucking up to their parents to get everything they want" Theresa said. She knew she was a hipocrite, she use to do the same thing with her dad but she didn't go very far with it.

"Yeah, no point letting our brain cells die on us for something like that" she agreed.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 04:51

"Hey! i suck to my parents a lot! But most of the time my mom sees through it but my dad, now he is a different matter...." Alex trailed off, remembering the times she had made her parents let her get her own way.

Aaahhhhhhhh! That was a life!

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 04:54

Theresa laughed "I think all dads just let their little girls have everything, but mums see through it because they have experience of doing it when they were little and know all the tricks there is" she said.
    "My dad was easy, it was him who let me be home schooled, my mum still thinks it was a mistake but nothing can be done now" she said cheerfully.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 04:59

"I did not want to be home-schooled. At least, that is what my mom tells me. Whenever she got called to the Principal's office, which happened like once every two months, I would tell her that if she had let me get home schooled, this would not have happened. But she always retorts saying she gave me a choice. And the problem with this you see, is that, I like being without parental supervision, so that is probably true." Alex concluded with a sigh.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 05:05

Theresa smiled "called to the Principal's office once every two months?" she asked, giggling at the thought of how much trouble it must have been. "I take it that you were not a rule follower in your old school then?" she said. "I guess normal school has it's advantages, sometimes I use to wonder what it would be like to go to a muggle school" she said.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 05:11

"What can I say? I hate cheerleader!" Alex said grumpily.

"Oh look at that weirdo colony going out! Oh! Do NOT get my dress spoilt by breathing on it! Oh My God Sasha that color is soo YOU! Look at that eye candy walk by! That is soo smart Brittany! She is such a cheese brain in FASHION! Look walking talking fuax pas!" she added in a high pitched, sugar sweet tone, ending with a giggle.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 05:15

Theresa laughed "I can understand how that could get annoying after a while" she said. She would hate to hear someone talk like that all the time, the person wouldn't be very nice if that was the types of things they said. "By the way, what is fuax pas?" she asked curiously, she had never heard anyone use that word before.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 05:19

"Its like a fashion disaster. Some fancy French word they googled to show of their non-existing intelligence." Alex explained. 'You ave no idea how I endured them!" she shuddered as she remembered. Definitely no happy times spent with them.

"It was worse because one of them was my grand-mom's best friends' granddaughter. Plus, a habitual miss Goody Two Shoes, in front of adults of course."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 05:24

Theresa winced at the image of this girl "she sounds like a real two faced git, sweet and innocent in front of people who have authority over her then a real demon in front of others" she said.

"You cant blame them for googling words, not their fault they have less brains then a dragon who get's lost in a forest of short trees" she said sarcastically.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 05:28

'A dragon getting lost in a forest full of short trees is bad? i mean stupid? Why exactly?" Alex had heard a lot of similes but never one like this and she was curious to know what it meant. Meant exactly.

"Are there other similes like this one?"

[a.n was it a simile or a metaphor.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 09:36