Central Tower

Re: Central Tower

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 05:26

Indiana looked at Cassopeia and Harmony. "You both head on out. I'll clean up the place up. I didn't drag you two here so I'll just take care of all this. Sorry about this."

The youth proceeded to cap the cauldrons, sealing them before carefully loading them into the trunk. At least he reached the end of phase two and only needed to complete phase three to finish the rest of the initial protocol. The recipe book and the unopened ingredients followed after before he shut the lid and locked it tight.

Indiana then proceeded to clean his work area. Since he was cautious on leaving evidence behind, there wasn't much to clean at the area he was working at. Cleaning the entire tower, however, was something else entirely but it didn't seem like a hard job. Just the time required will be an obstacle.

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 05:50

Harmony shook her head, declining leaving. "I won't be leaving the whole tower for yourself, no way no how. You'll need helping cleaning the whole tower, and I'll be providing it." She said. "We're here, we got caught, so we'll all do it together. We'll have it done much faster that way."

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 06:03

"True that, Harmonious, true that."
    Cass took a leisure walk to one of the broom cupboards at the bottom of the stairs. Returning with a bucket and a mop (probably used for detentions) she began working on the floor. A lot of foot treads were visible- probably down to people practicing in the Quidditch Pitch.

Cass sniggered at Indiana, "don't try and be all byronic on us, Indiana. We're big girls. We can tidy our mess away." She pulled a sincere smile on at him.

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 06:17

Harmony raised an eyebrow. Harmonious? Not many called her that since she was always known as Harmony.

"You could've at least waited for me to sweep the floor Cassopeia," Harmony said, grinning at her. "I'll grab a duster and a rag. Might as well clean the walls of all the grime."

She headed down the stairs, stopping off at a cleaning supply closet. Grabbing her duster and rag, along with a cleaning chemical, she headed up to the tower once more, and began her work.

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 06:22

Indiana was about to object but seeing their expressions, the youth reluctantly gave in. There was no point in arguing as he would certainly lose in the end. Placing the trash bag and the trunk on the balcony, Indiana went to grab some towels, gloves, a step-ladder, and a bucket that he filled with water and soap before moving to clean the walls and the ceiling.

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 06:54

"I'm finished," said Cassopeia resignedly. She put the bucket and mop away, lumbering down the stairs with a glumness she had perfected over the years of being chastised.

"I'm going to my crash pad," she said, downcast. "You can stop by if you want. I'll be in the ball pool, drowning."

She walked back down the stairs again.

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 07:03

Harmony sneezed as dust tumbled down in her face from where she was dusting.

"See ya later, C-C-Cass," Harmony said sneezing again, before rubbing at her nose with her sleeve. "Jeez. There's a lot of dirt here. I wonder how long it's been since someone cleaned up in these towers."

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 07:15

After having scrubbed the ceiling and walls in one corridor down, Indiana noticed Cassopeia leaving before calling out. "See you later, Cass!"

He then turned to Harmony. "Probably for over three decades is my guess. From what I read in the history books, Hogwarts was a mess after the final battle of the Second Wizarding War that took place here. They repaired the tower but probably didn't bother to keep it clean."

Once he was done cleaning the walls and ceilings in the tower's rooms, Indiana placed the towels and water bucket aside before taking a mop and a second bucket of water to clean the flagstones.

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 07:30

Harmony shook her head, staring up at the now clean ceiling.

"I guess it'll look the best it's looked in three decades then when we're done with it then," she murmured, sneezing again.

Pulling her rag out, she focused on cleaning in the grooves of each stone that made up the wall, determined to make it as spotless as possible.

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 07:49

"There are some unused disposable face masks in the cupboards." Indiana spoke amid seeing Harmony sneeze from the dust.

After cleaning the floor flagstones in the tower's rooms, the youth moved to scrubbing the remaining ceilings that he didn't tend to, which wasn't much. Once he dried the cleaned areas, Indiana then proceeded to focus on mopping the floor since Harmony was tending to the walls.

"So, what do you think of the dueling club under new management?" he asked.

Last edited by Indiana Lamperouge on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 08:03; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 07:53

Harmony nodded, covering her face again as she sneezed. She headed off to grab a face mask, feeling rather silly when she put it on.

"At least it'll keep the dust away," she mumbled, before looking back over at Indiana. "Well, I didn't join the dueling club first time around, so from the comments I've been hearing about it, I hope that it'll be a lot more fair and overall better this time around. Have you joined the dueling club?"

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 08:10

"I joined the first Dueling Club before it received a major change in rules and such." Indiana replied with a bit of annoyance. "The new regulations felt a bit hard to swallow so I decided to just avoid signing up. I also wouldn't have any time for it anyways."

Gripping the mop, he continued to clean and scrub the floors of the residues that had been left behind for years.

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 08:18

Harmony looked over at him, her scrubbing stalling slightly.

"Really? Has it changed that much?" She questioned. "I signed up this time because I thought I couldn't do it the first time around. I wasn't really following the dueling though, so I guess I couldn't know how much it has changed."

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 08:27

"It changed drastically and Muggle combat is now banned. The only controversial thing is that Herbology plants and potions appear to have been legalized for dueling use." Indiana replied, mopping the floors just as a thought came to his mind. "A bit dangerous if someone decides to throw Devil's Snares and adult Mandrakes at the opponent."

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 08:33

Harmony returned to her scrubbing, shaking her head.

"That's silly. How are we supposed to learn to defend ourselves if we don't have a wand? Combat moves should be used and taught. Besides, I'm sure that whoever would throw the Snare and Mandrake at an opponent would be expelled immediately." Harmony said. "Now I'm not sure if I'll be dueling or not. I didn't know about the banning."

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 08:56

"I don't know but I wish I could suggest getting a handgun or a combat dagger with an enchanted blade as secondary weapons to use if you lose your wand." Indiana replied jokingly. "Of course, such things aren't allowed on campus."

Placing the mop aside, Indiana took hold of a long mop broom-brush and continued to scrub the floor hard, noticing that the residues were easily eradicated in the soap suds.

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 09:11

Harmony laughed. "It's too bad they're not allowed. It would surely help win any fight you happen to come across." She replied, grinning.

She peered behind her as Indiana continued to work on the floor. "How's the cleaning going? I know Cass did a bit of a cursory wash with the floor, so it looked rather clean, but I don't know if she scrubbed it rather well."

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 09:54

"Cass did fine. The areas she handled didn't have tough residues so they're all good." Indiana replied as he proceeded to scrub down the remaining areas. His arms were burning from having to wash the the ceilings and the flagstone floors but he decided to try something else rather than rest.

Indiana placed the mop brush-broom aside before heading to the cupboard and taking out a pair of brushes with metal chromium bristles that he soaked in the soapy water. Taking his shoes off, he fastened the brushes tightly onto the bottom of his feet before shuffling them about as he moved. Amid his movements about the place, the chromium bristles scrubbed the flagstones that he trended on.

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 09:59

Harmony nodded, as she returned to her own scrubbing. Geez, three decades of dirt and grime could really take a toll on ones arm. She turned to look and see how Indiana was doing, before doing a double take. He was...skating, in a sense?

"Very imaginative," she said, grinning. "Well, if it gets the job done faster, the more power to it."

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:15

"Well, I worked one set of limbs so the other set needs compensating exercise." Indiana replied as he filled a bucket with soap and water before pouring it onto an unclean area.

He then skid onto the flagstones, using the muscles in his legs to move and spin in a series while imagining himself skating in an ice rink. The metallic bristles of the brushes swept the residues off as Indiana applied weight at particular intervals before moving away to see the layers dissolving.

"How are the walls by the way?"

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:21

"Almost done," she replied cheerily, watching him skate about. He looked like he was having fun. "I have one more section to do, and they'll be spotless. About time too. My arms are killing me."

Harmony sighed. She was used to this kind of thing whenever she was taking care of her garden.

Imagine plants, Harmony. You're taking care of plants and not cleaning a who knows how old tower, she thought, moving from her clean section of wall to the next dirtiest section.

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:50

After some time in cleaning the remaining areas of the filthy residues, Indiana looked about the floor, which was entirely covered in soap suds. He then wiped the chromium bristles of the brushes clean with a rag. After taking the brushes off and putting his shoes back on, Indiana took a clean mop and another bucket of water before moving to wipe the floor clean. He poured the bucket in one direction before using the mop to move the pool about towards a small drain.

"Go ahead and take a break if you want." Indiana called out. "I'm going to rinse all the floors now."

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 12:05

Harmony lowered her arm from cleaning and sighed. Thank Merlin, her tired arm needed a break. Actually, she was cleaning with both. Though the left arm wasn't as bad, it still was stiff. She smiled over at Indiana, making sure to stay out of the way when he was rinsing the floors.

"Thanks. My arm thanks you too." She said, laughing slightly. "Both of them do actually."

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 12:31

"I'm not your boss or taskmaster, Harmony." Indiana replied as he continued to rinse the floors. "You could have taken a break at anytime you wanted."

The youth continued rinsing the floors, humming a tune to a very old Muggle song while pouring buckets of water and herding the pools with his mop to gather the soap suds left on the flagstones before sending them down and out of the tower.

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 12:36

"Er well, I just didn't want you to have to do all the work," she said, laughing slightly. "I don't like to not help out and everything so...I just didn't stop cleaning."

She nodded to herself before turning back around to being cleaning the walls again, making sure they would be spotless when she was done.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017, 12:50