Life is Miserable

Re: Life is Miserable

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 05:21

"You think we should do it, Sparrow?"
    The nickname they'd decided on way before Christmas rolled on her tongue.
    "I- I guess we're not strong enough for it to kill us. And if it did, well, it'd be illegal, wouldn't it. Like those invigisibles," she turned to Jennifer. She was probably joking about and Cass hadn't caught up yet, "tell you what Jen, I'll do the vowing part for you. I'm the worst at magic here- the most that'll happen is your ear'll turn blue."

Alex's old way of vowing swam to the surface of her mind. She mumbled, "we're not going to spit into our palms, are we?"

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 06:34

Jenny laughed, "no, we don't spit anywhere." Jenny considered Raven's point, and hoped it would be right. "A blue ear wouldn't be that bad- at least it's my house color" Jenny laughed and rolled up her sleeve.

"Alright, who's in?" Jenny had only thought Cass and her were doing it, but now that Raven and Jas were considering, she was wondering if she should be doing it with all of them. She was good friends with Cas and Jas, that was true, but she hardly knew Raven. If Cas and Jas are friends with him, and he's willing to comfort Jas when she cries, he can't be that bad. Jenny didn't care about houses, seeing that she had friends in all of them and found them all equally awesome.

If Jas wanted to be a part of the vow, then Cass could do the magic part. Otherwise, Cass would be in with Jenny and Raven. If everyone wanted in, they could do individual vows with the first magic caster.

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 08:46

"You kidding? Damn it, I was really looking forward to spitting and everything. Damn. Well. I'm ready. Jasmeet, Raven, you in?"
    Cass ran her hand around her scratched wand. Really, it was just a piece of wood, and it did so much. It was cool, as far as pieces of wood went.
    "Shall I do the magic, or could someone do it for me? I'd rather see them do it first, really. I don't want to do a slip of the tongue and end up ressurecting Mussolini or something," she admitted, as she played with a strand of hair.

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 15:41

Jasmeet spoke up, wiping away the tears from her eyes, "I'm in. But don't you think that perhaps either me, Rave or Jen should do the spell? No offence or anything..." she mumbled.

She smiled at her best friend, winking at her. Placing her hand forward, she said, "Rave, you in?"

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 15:57

Raven rolled his eyes again but was glad that Jas had stopped crying. "Of course. Why would you think anything else?" He looked at Cass with a grin. "Though, if you would prefer, I could do the spell, Pia. But, I would need someone to tell me how to do it. I've read about these things, but have never read the spells or anything. SO, unless one of you know the spell?"

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 16:18

She smiled at him, looking into his eyes, to express her gratitude without any words. She thought he understood, because he smiled back at her.

She scrunched up her forehead, trying to remember what she had read about the Unbreakable Vow - she could distinctly remember that if it was broken, those that had made the vow would die.

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 22:22

"Cheers, sparrow. Now would you believe it- I had a very dear person learn me the spell for such an occasi- nah, I'm joking. I only have a rough idea. But if me, Jennifer and Jasmeet, erh, hold hands, right... and you put your wand inbetween them, kinda. Then you ask us questions, and we have to say 'we will.' But, if you're gonna say something stupid then I'll Tarangallegra you- and I'll have you know I usually miss out the first 'r'." She was joking, of course. She'd probably come back and haunt him. "Hey, you think you could put your hand in to, Rave?"
    Cass pondered for a 'mo. Would the Bonder's presence affect the spell at all? She doubted it, but seeing as a strong incantation such as this you could never be too sure. Nevertheless, it was Raven's choice.
    "You alright for this, Jasmeet, Jennifer?"

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 23:48

"Yeah. The incantation are the questions. You're only supposed to have two people holding hands and one bonder, but since we're stretching things i think we can all put our hands on top of each other. Or, if Raven's going to put his hand in, too, we can do that square thing where we hold onto someone's wrist while another person hold ours"

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 00:15

"Sounds good to me," said Cassopeia as she listened to Jennifer- she'd got the same logic as Samantha did, so it was easy to pay attention and believe her. "I'm in- vow or no vow. I'm in."

She put her hand in front of her, unwavering.
    "Dare 'ya," she said jokingly.

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 07:32

Raven nodded stating, "I think Jennifer's idea would work best. The square thing, grabbing someone's wrist."
    Looking at Cass he smiled and replied, "You know I'm in especially if you're gonna make it a dare, Pia."
    Nodding, Raven pulled out his wand from the loop in his cloak. "Let's do this thing, then."
    Amy Mitchell
    Headmistress
    Headmistress

Post by Amy Mitchell on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 08:00

A silvery object came running towards the students. When it finally reached the students, it turned out to be a phoenix. It opened it's mouth and began to speak as if reading from a letter...

Dear Students,

Unbreakable vows are not permitted at Hogwarts seeing as the consequences are a bit severe. Only spells you've learned in your classes may be used.

Thank you,

-Professor Mitchell

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 08:02

Cass shook her head, "guess I just know how bird noggin's work, I guess."
    An ounce of what Cass would call curiosity disguised in logic came to her attention.
    "Hey, if there's four of us, and we're all supposed to be linked- wouldn't that leave no arm free?" Her voice got quieter as she spoke- Raven probably had an idea for that, anyway.

She looked from Jennifer, to Raven, and on the right of her, Jasmeet. She held out her hands, hoping they wouldn't notice how clammy they were.

Cass was just as shocked as the rest of them were when a ghosty bird came to them, speaking with a very familiar authorative voice.
    severe?
    She looked at the three.

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 08:28

"It's Professor Mitchell," Jenny explained, "she's prohibited Unbreakable Vows. That must mean that no matter how old or good at magic you are- the consequence will be death"

Jenny gulped, had they just cost their houses points? Or was the bird a warning, and they were safe because they hadn't done it?

No points off; just a warning.
    -Professor Mitchell

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 08:47

"Oh," said a deflated Cass. Both her mother and Raven had been under the impression magic got stronger as you got older, but that was a debate as old as magic itself.

"Well. Seeing as that idea went down the drain, we need to do something to commemorate our first year- before anything changes. For all you know, we might all be shipped off to Durmstrang and Beauxbatons next year..." She shuddered at the thought.

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 08:59

"Oh no! Please don't send me to Durmstrang!" Jenny gasped before breaking into a fit of giggles.

"We could take some pictures with your cool muggle Polaroid. We should take tons, so we can all have some and keep them in our journals. Maybe a scrapbook?"

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 09:21

Cass said, "That would be perfect," seeing as her Polaroid was only to the side of her still on its tripod. "What say you? You three got anything we can do instead of the Vow? I suppose after thinking we were going to do an unbreakable vow it kind of makes the alternatives, I guess," she said, shrugging as she tapped on her lips.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 21 Jul 2017, 12:48