I've been AK'd!

I've been AK'd!

Post by Guest on Sat 28 Aug 2010, 19:28

There is no way this is going to turn out good.
    The Ravenclaw looked over her shoulder. No-one seemed to be there. This time, she wished there was. Some person who knew everything, or at least something.

I'm going to fail.

The last word clunked around her head, getting louder and louder.

Wasn't this the part where a knight on a white horse was supposed to save her from her untimely fate?
    She almost considered dropping to the floor- and resting her cheek against the cold parquet, but that sounded too melodramatic.

She kicked her pile of Neville Longbottom books frustratedly. Exams went first.

Re: I've been AK'd!

Post by Guest on Sat 28 Aug 2010, 19:33

Dixie had been looking for Cassie Lassie when she heard a frustrated sort of kick. Peering curiously into a room, she saw Cass-kicking her Neville Longbottom books???!!! Ok, there had to be something seriously wrong.
    "Er... Casserole? You ok?"

Post by Guest on Sat 28 Aug 2010, 19:56

(Cassie lassie? meh Very Happy)

Casserole... you ok?
    That really was the 1000 galleon question. Was she okay? She looked for the first time at Dixie- she looked happy, bouncing and Cass swore that if she didn't poo-poo the ideas of Divination that Dixie had a golden aura.
    Yep, an aura.
    So did this mean Cass could tell her that she was struggling- that none of the words made sense in the tests so that she just abandoned them?
    Casserole... you ok?

In a strangled voice, she said, "yeah... well, no..."

Post by Guest on Sat 28 Aug 2010, 20:01

Dixie watched her friend carefully, and stopped bouncing. "Well then dear Cass the Case, what's wrong? Normally, you'd be plotting to go on a nature dive or find a chocolate frog card.... Anyways, seriously, what's shakin', bacon?"
    Dixie had recently been hit on the head with a ball, knocking her out-so her personality might be sillier than usual.

Post by Guest on Sat 28 Aug 2010, 20:07

One look at Dixie's face the moment she realised she was bouncing had cured her completely, willed Cass.
    But no. How ever Dixie's reaction was very very funny, that eating feeling had come back to her. They were best friends. Bad feeling and Cass were friends a long way back. They were practically twins- if there was no Alex, of course.
    "what's starvin', Marvin? That's my favourite rhyme," she nodded knowingly, hastily changing the subject, then reverting back, because she hated it when people didn't tell her stuff outright, "I'm... very worried about the exams," she admitted. "but enough about me, how about you! What have you been up to since I saw you last? Anything happen?" at which point Cass' eyes landed on a bruise.

Post by Guest on Sat 28 Aug 2010, 20:16

Dixie frowned and said carefully "The exams won't be too bad, don't worry. Evan if you flunk out, you can always dye your hair blonde, get contacts, learn French, and transform yourself into a veela-THEN join Beauxbatons."
    Grinning, Dixie didn't let slip she had been considering that option herself.
    "As for the bruise... Well, I've been alone in my dorm waaaaay too long. Apparently I was going on about finding my inner whale, saving the dolphins, and snapping my wand to join peace corps..... Some kid threw the ball at my head, I blacked out, and I'm normal again!"

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 09:24

"I could just become gamekeeper, and learn all about the creatures from Theresa. Hagrid looks run out these days. Shattered. Did you know before Hagrid there was a man called Ogg? And I thought only goblins had those kinds of names!"

Cass scoffed at the proclimation of Dixie being normal, like, ever. "Of course, Dixie, of course... [i]I'll believe you..."

After a beat of silence, she said, "snapping your wand?" with a smile wrier than a catcher.

[ooc-that last sentence escaped me, forgive me.]

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 10:47

The exams won't be too bad, don't worry. Evan if you flunk out, you can always dye your hair blonde, get contacts, learn French, and transform yourself into a veela-THEN join Beauxbatons

"I take great offense to that, Dixie," Jenny tried to keep a straight face as she plopped down at the table where Dixie and Cass sat. There was no "Pixie Stix"- Jenny was a serious monkey right now. "At least you said "peace corps" instead of "peace core"" Jenny got somewhat annoyed when people made that mistake, and decided to use it to play her annoyance. She had about 30 seconds before she would break into a grin, so she made the most of it.

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 22:28

"Great offence to what?" Cass queried. Jennifer's voice was quite solemn now. "Did Dixie or I say something?"
    Running through the conversation she just had, she thought what could have triggered Jennifer's sudden heated words.
    "YEAH, Dixie!" she said in a childish voice, "I take great offence to that too! My hair is blonde!" she rubbed shoulders with Jennifer as if to say Dixie's so silly! "Oh wait. It's brown isn't it?" she said, looking at her locks. "Sorry. Well, it's blondeish!"

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 23:54

Jenny laughed, "i'm part Veela- but the blonde thing too. So," Jenny grinned, "what were you two talking about beforehand? I'm fairly sure it wasn't just that craziness about snapping wands, becoming a gamekeeper, and using an umbrella like Hagrid does!"

Okay, so she added that last part- but how else did those three things fit together?

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 00:26

"I- em-" she took a glance at Dixie for words, then faced Jennifer again. "I may have said something along the lines of worrying about the exams," she said, biting her lip. It was hard admitting things like this to people like Jennifer- they always seemed to have the answers. Not Cass.
    "But it's getting better now," she said hastily. "Just biting my nails on finishing Charms theory and starting 'fig. Haven't heard from 'stronomy," Cass added.

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 08:31

"I'm sure you'll do fine. You're brilliant," Jenny smiled reassuringly. "I'm not taking those classes, but I read quite a bit and I might be able to answer a question or two"

The library, aside from the lake, was the place to be. Don't knock it 'til you try it!

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 08:39

"Nah, nah, it's not like that, Jen Jin Jim Jam-" she spluttered, then laughing as she realised she hadn't really given Jennifer a chance to know the little bits and pieces of her, "Jen. I don't seek help. I seek someone to listen to my incessant moaning. I don't want help, honest. It's just me venting my fear. Don't worry," she said, with a voice probably stronger than she sounded.

"What did you take, then?"

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 09:02

Jenny smiled. She was always one to worry about her friends, but it was better to be over cautious than reckless.

"I took DADA and Herbology. I aced my finals, but i'm pretty sure I only got A's in the classes. I think i signed up for a bunch of other classes- got the supplies, too! I just didn't show up enough and dropped"

Jenny looked down, a bit embarrassed at her lack of attendance. It wasn't something she was particularly proud of.

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 09:18

"Oh. So you weren't stupid then," said Cass bluntly, having pieced her absenses in lessons to being unable to keep up with the workload- as Cass had precariously dangled on the edge of doing so herself. "You think you'll be taking anything up next year? Promise to take Charms. It helps with everything. I've learnt a lot from just doing that lesson. Even if Wingardium Leviosa always ends in flames and no feet off the ground. You can't be good at everything, I guess."

Cass walked over absently to her stack of Neville books on the table to the right of her. The bottom ones hadn't even been opened. She felt bad.

"Well done for acing Herbology and DADA. You like Ellis? He is nice. All the girls seem to have crushes on him these days," she tutted.

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 09:23

"By 'A', i mean acceptable. I do like Professor Ellis, but I don't have a crush on him. Funny that you say that, no one has expressed any feelings like that about him to me. I definitely want to take charms. I want to continue Herbology and DADA, too. Oh- and potions! I want to take that, but i'm not sure if i'll get to it. My mind might get too stretched"

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 10:06

"Yeah, I don't see you as a swooner," teased Cass, as she put her Neville books onto her lap. "Ah, well they keep them hidden, y'see. Besides, they're not the ones to be obvious about it- well, depending on if you notice it or not. I'm not one to notice, they just told me."

Cass took a moment to think about if lessons, if any in particular, took their toll on her. "I don't think it's a particular lesson that gets you. I think it's more if you have tons of lessons and you don't keep on top. But then again, you are a Ravenclaw- and a pretty studious one at that, so you'd do fine!"

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 10:25

Jenny nodded, "I'll have to write down reminders in my planner. I wonder if the teachers could determine when their classes will begin, end, and how many there will be. I guess i'll have to ask once the new term begins. Hey, during break, we're free to roam Hogsmeade, right? Just sort of hang out and shop and all that?"

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 10:33

"Some teachers stick to doing the usual seven, but some haven't gotten that far. Guess it's how different teachers are, really. Just like other people, I always have to remind myself," she grinned.

As she listened to Jennifer's question about Hogsmeade, Cass put back one of the Neville books that she didn't like (a book entertaining the idea that Neville was a secret informer of Voldemort). "Oh, yeah. Hogsmeade, Diagon, the works Jen."

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 10:51

"Awesome," Jenny grinned. She was eager to go to the Weasley's joke shop. She had heard it was wicked awesome, but didn't get anything before the first term. She didn't have enough money. She thought she would have enough this time, but compared to other students she was running low.

"So, do you fancy Neville?" Jenny asked, realizing she had never questioned Cass' infatuation with the hero.

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 11:00

[lol, like how you said hero Razz]
    "Infatuation? Nah, it's not that. Not really," she said, biting her lip. "More like I love who he is, but I'm happy if he's happy. I'm not crushing on him in the sense I want him to be with someone who makes him happy."
    If that makes sense.

"He was really good at the Plant lesson. The one you took," she said.

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 11:07

"Wait- he came to an Herbology lesson?" how could Jenny have missed this? Could he have come to the lesson she left early? What was it, the mandrake one? I left when everyone was splitting into groups, i think... I would have stayed if Neville Longbottom were there!

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 11:16

"No, no! I mean," she clicked her fingers, "I've forgotten the name of it. Something -ology. He was really good at it. He used to be a professor here, didn't he? For something-ology. Would be great if I got to meet him though, yeah. Course," she spluttered.

Because seeing him face to face would not help with my admittance I'd only want the best for him.

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 11:22

Jenny giggled at Cass being silly. "He became the Herbology Professor here after he quit being an Auror," Jenny stated. She wondered how she remembered that. She had only read it once or twice in a book. "He married- oh what's her name," Jenny snapped, bouncing with aggravation. "Hannah Abbot! That's it"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 21 Jul 2017, 12:48