Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trees

Trees Empty Trees

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010, 17:44

Theresa skipped to the lake. It was pretty quiet around the grounds today. She skipped to one of the trees near the lake and climbed onto one of the low branches. She pulled herself up onto the branch above her and sat down. She dropped her bag to the ground and looked over the lake. Swinging her legs, she began to hum.

Trees Empty Re: Trees

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010, 20:28

Harmony was heading out to the lake to finish some drawings she had been working on. Peering closer at a tree, she noticed legs dangling from one of the branches.

"Oi there, Cap'n Cotgrave," Harmony called as she got closer, waving at the girl who was in the tree. "What're ya doing climbing trees? A favorite past time perhaps?"

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010, 20:36

Theresa was watching some suspisous looking third years that were by the forest. She wondered if they were going in, it did seem like it. She was surprised to hear a familiar voice from the ground. She looked down and grinned, "hey Cap'n Lupin" she said cheerfully. She nodded "but of course, you never know what you will see from up in a tree, best view ever" she said.

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010, 20:39

Harmony shrugged, grinning at up at her friend.

"Well, I don't climb much anymore. Not too fun when you fall out of a tree and break your leg." She said. "Magic solves some things, but not a fear of climbing and falling out of a tree. I'll stick to the ground, and a broom if you don't mind."

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010, 21:01

Theresa shuddered at the mention of brooms, she hated the things, they were so... unatural.
    "Sounds painful, how did you do that?" she asked as she climbed onto a lower branch. She loved climbing trees and the higher the better but it wasnt worth it if she had to call down to Harmony the whole time.

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 05:12

Harmony laughed.

"Well, let's see...I was...four or five I think. Mozart and I were having a race at climbing a tree. We were quite the monkeys. And...I slipped." She answered, shrugging. "He tried to grab me, but I avoided his hand because well, I didn't want him coming down with me."

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 05:19

Theresa smiled as she listened to Harmony, it sounded like they had fun climbing, it was probably one of the best activities anyway. The part about falling made her wince, it must of hurt a lot.
    "At least only one of you were hurt then, it still sounds very painful" she said, wincing again at the thought.

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 05:28

Harmony grinned.

"I remember it as clear as day. It didn't really hurt as much as I thought it would, but it still hurt pretty bad. My mum healed it for me, so I didn't have to go to St. Mungo's, which was a relief." She answered, laughing slightly. "Mozart climbed down after I fell and sat on my stomach, the little cheeky bugger. Then he called for my mum to help me."

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 05:36

Theresa smiled "must have been quite the experience, no wonder you dont climb trees then" she said. She couldn't help but laugh slightly when she mentioned Mozart.
    "At least you didn't have to go to St Mungo's, I have never been there myself but I have heard that it is not pleasant and kind of scary" she said.

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 07:04

"I guess it's just a routine hospital. Like, the Muggles have their hospital and we have ours. I guess it makes it a little scary knowing that they keep so many people inside. Like...the ones who are in comas for long years. There are so many curses that can maim and kill that they have many people in there for that as well." Harmony said.

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 20:32

Theresa shuddered "I can't understand why people would come up with curses and spells that could do that type of stuff" she said. She looked below her and hopped off the lowest branch so she could sit in the grass.

"I would be more scared of the muggle hospital, with the jabs and the surgeons and stitching people up" she said, remembering everything that those two muggle girls told her at the beginning of the year.

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 20:37

Harmony stared at her in horror.

"They do that at Muggle hospitals?" She asked. "I know Mozart said he wanted to be a doctor, but that sounds horrible! Do they think that it actually helps the people? They should recruit a Wizard doctor to heal them all up. That would solve their problems."

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 20:55

Theresa nodded "I know, I couldn't believe it either but I was told that they like, cut people open for some reason and stich them back up, it sounds like they treat peole like stuffed teddies or something" she said.
    "I wondereed about what the girl meant and it even says it in this muggle book" she said, she still didn't understand it, she just knew that she would never honest a muggle hospital.

Post by Guest Thu 02 Sep 2010, 09:54

Harmony thought about it. Her and Mozart had grown up in the Wizarding world, with hardly any contact with the Muggle world. However, Jenny had always come over with new stories from the world that they weren't apart of. Their cousin always enlightened them about new things that the Muggles came up with.

"Maybe they have a good reason for causing so much pain," she said slowly. "Do you think they do it because they are required to? Or because they feel the person needs more pain? It's all very strange."

Post by Guest Thu 02 Sep 2010, 10:07

Theresa listened to Harmony and thought about her theories. It must have been the first one, no doctors could think the secound, even if they didn't have any magical means of helping people.
    "Maybe they are required to, if they did it just to make them feel more pain, it would be more of a place of torture then of healing" she said.

Post by Guest Thu 02 Sep 2010, 10:14

Harmony nodded absently.

"I guess that makes more sense then them causing intentional pain. Still, I think we should just help them heal. I mean, if they had Wizard doctors, they could be in and out within minutes. I've heard from Jen that sometimes they have to stay for days and weeks upon end!" She exclaimed.

Post by Guest Thu 02 Sep 2010, 10:22

Theresa agreed, it did seem like a waste of time if people were stuck in hospitals for days or weeks.
    "yeah, people are treated quickly in st Mungo's and some are probably thee for a few days at the most" she said, thinking about the times when her father went to visit the hospital. Some people seemed to have been just walking in then going into a room and leaving within the hour.

Post by Guest Thu 02 Sep 2010, 10:30

Harmony nodded. How anyone could spend a lot of time in a hospital was beyond her. She had never even had to go to the hospital before since her mother always took care of any wounds she received.

"I should go to the Muggle world sometime," Harmony said, nodding her head to affirm her point. "See how it works out there. In the hospitals. Stuff like that."

Post by Guest Thu 02 Sep 2010, 10:38

"I actually live near a huge muggle area but I still don't know anything about them" Theresa said. She had never been out of her house or away from the local park as a child so she didn't see or hear much.
    "It would probably still be confusing if you went" she said thoughtfully, wondering about all the strange words and names that muggles used.

Post by Guest Thu 02 Sep 2010, 11:25

"I've heard about stuff like that. The parks, I mean. Jen's always told Mozart and I about swings and slides, things that swing you around in a circle." She said. "We had a tree house, if that's any better. I've never really been to a local park."

Post by Guest Thu 02 Sep 2010, 11:32

Theresa nodded as she thought about the park "yes, the swings are fun, I use to be able to swing for hours during some lazy afternoons" she said. "The tree house sounds cool, a little safer then just climbing too, seeing as you do have your feet firmly on a ground" she said.

Post by Guest Thu 02 Sep 2010, 11:37

"Some type of ground at least," she said, grinning. "A wooden ground that can break of course, but our tree houses were quite sturdy and stable. There was only one time that it was...a little bad."

She shrugged. "I don't go in tree houses anymore. I'm a little too big now, but I also don't like them anymore."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 19:14