Astro-Slinky Meet Point.

Re: Astro-Slinky Meet Point.

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 01:28

Theresa watched as her slinky made it's way down the stairs. She could finally see Cassi and Mary again. "Watch out guys, my slinky is gaining!" she called out jokingly as she grinned. She looked back down at her slinky and hurried down the steps as it came to the end and went onto the next set of stairs. She was surprised when it suddenly slowed down "oh crud" she muttered as she jabbed at it with her wand.

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 03:38

Mary looked up from her slinky to see Resa coming towards her. She chuckled, watching her friend's slinky slow down.
    "Oh is it, Resa?" the Slytherin joked on the Hufflepuff's comment just a moment before.
    Looking down on her own, she was glad to see her slinky was still happilly hopping, twirling and flipping down the stairs. They were now almost over the fourth staircase.

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 03:44

Theresa stuck her tongue out at Mary, grinning before she scowled at her slinky. "Come on" she muttered as she jabbed at it again. She grinned when it fell onto the next step and carried on.
    "It's getting there, just a little delay" she said to Mary, her grin growing as she followed her slinky.

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 22:13

The fourth staircase was officially the biggest bane of Cass' existance, ever. And now she thought about it, that staircase was up against some pretty stiff competition.
    Staircase four was the only place in Hogwarts where Cass felt like a really stupid idiot. The only time it had ever moved and gotten Cass lost was when she was on her own- and walking at night, she did that often. The rest of the times, it had almost pulled its (carpet?) tongue out at her as she walked idly by with friends.

Now where was she? She bit her knuckle.
    A plaque above her said, Second Floor and she had to grin.
    I love you, bane of my existance.

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 22:14

Mary grinned back at Resa and then focused on her slinky. Last two stairs...last stair...and it's on the floor, hopping with some weird flips that enabled it to hop where there's no stairs.
    "Go slinky, go slinky!" the Slytherin was cheering for her toy enthusiastedly.
    She looked down, but couldn't see or hear Cass anywhere. That either meant she was so far ahead or just went another way. Mary was hoping it was the latter.

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 22:49

After moving to the second floor by another staircase, Indiana watched his slinky proceed ahead in one direction with increasing speed before it crashed. He immediately had the slinky rebound off his wand before it descended down to the first floor.

'No crashing this time.' Indiana thought as he placed his wand in the slinky's trajectory before balancing it on top and changing its direction to continue its momentum.

Post by Guest on Fri 03 Sep 2010, 00:28

Theresa smiled as her slinky went onto another set of stairs. She looked around her but could only see Indiana and Mary. Cassi must have been in the lead or something but not for long. Her slinky was speeding up now from when it had almost stopped completely on the last set of stairs.

Post by Guest on Fri 03 Sep 2010, 00:57

The finishing line was very almost in sight now. The legendary bathroom of Moaning Myrtle a few yards infront of her to the left waiting for her to pick up her emergency first aid kit before the rush of the end of school, but it'd have to wait, slinkies came first.

A leisurely running as fast as she could and fourty six slinky SLUNK!s later, and Cass had arrived at the stairs leading to the first floor...

Post by Guest on Fri 03 Sep 2010, 01:30

'Keep going. Move faster and faster!' Indiana thought as he watched the slinky increase its velocity after every hop along the way. He needed to gain the lead and his slinky's special ability was a valuable key to it, despite the apparent drawback.

Indiana didn't know where Cassopeia was but had a bad feeling that she was likely ahead. But for now, he needed to overtake Mary first. His slinky was moving faster and faster as it progressed further.

Post by Guest on Fri 03 Sep 2010, 02:39

Mary looked up at the sound of hopping. She saw Indiana and Resa are coming closer and closer and wondered where Sam is. The girl was up there with them and now she was nowhere to be seen. Mary shrugged, her friend probably just took a shortcut or something.

Her slinky was making quite a progress, but little did that help when the Hufflepuffs were on her tail. She was already on the fifth staircase which seemed to be a quite long one. Mary looked around to see where she was and she saw the sign SECOND FLOOR. She chuckled with delight and kept cheering her slinky to move on.

Post by Guest on Fri 03 Sep 2010, 14:21

Amid descending down the Grand Staircase Tower, Indiana watched the movements from the second level before deciding to take a huge gamble. As the slinky descended, he slipped his wand onto its path before flicking and having it launch itself off into the air before landing on the first floor.

"Now I shall finish this!" Indiana declared.

Post by Guest on Fri 03 Sep 2010, 14:33

"Oh will you?" Cassopeia thundered back, running ahead of her slinky as it slowly slunk down each and every step, after watching Indiana's feat.
    "Hurry," she urged to the clunk of metal, with its now rhythmical bouncing on the sturdy staircase.

Had Mary or Theresa won already? Or were they behind?

Post by Guest on Fri 03 Sep 2010, 14:41

Perhaps the incredible velocity was beyond control and Indiana watched his slinky crash hard against the wall that it appeared stunned and immobile. As it tried to recover, time was burning rapidly.

"Come on! You can still win!" the youth called to his slinky, which remained mobile. He could hear footsteps along with the sounds of a slinky in action and knew that Cassopeia had gone ahead of him.

'Not on my watch!' he thought to himself. The metallic slinky recovered and Indiana nudged it forward, watching it increase its velocity after every hop to overtake the last obstacle, who was ahead of him. But slowly, his slinky was beginning to catch up considerably even though the other slinky was close to the doors of the Great Hall. Then both were at the same level with the doors so close just as they sprung towards it at the same time.

'Don't tell me that it's a tie?!'

Post by Guest on Fri 03 Sep 2010, 19:47

"Don't tell me we've tied," said an exasperated Cass, "can't you just win? Cedric Diggory and Harry Potter tried tying for something and look where it got them!"

That was a good enough argument, Cass reasoned. Although she was pretty sure there was no Voldemort behind these Great Hall doors. Saying that, she was pretty sure sometimes the teachers were just as terrifying.

Post by Guest on Fri 03 Sep 2010, 22:21

Mary's slinky hopped cheerfully as she was cheering it on along it's hopping and twirling way. They slowly started to descend down the Great Staircase and saw Cass and Indiana there.
    "Hi, guys! Cass where've you been?" the Slytherin said loudly to the two standing beneath the staircase.

Post by Guest on Fri 03 Sep 2010, 22:27

Cass spluttered, "it is a long and embarrassing story, which involves me getting stuck in many a trick step, and many a- Oh my salazar! Did you know that the fifth staircase alternate has glue on the floor?! It must have been that berk Peeves. He's always hated me," she said, but then softened, "we won, Indiana, we won!"

Post by Guest on Sat 04 Sep 2010, 00:52

"Mary has arrived so that leaves Theresa left along with Samantha. Cass, that's why jumping off the staircases and knowing how to land is much faster even if it's a bit risky." Indiana replied while looking at his slinky, which had become immobile. He then reached into his cloak and pulled out a deck of playing cards that he had gotten from a Charms lesson on the Summoning Charm when Professor Williams taught after nicking a box of toys from Professor Lewis.

"Since the three of us and our slinky units are all here, how about a game of blackjack while we wait?"

Post by Guest on Sat 04 Sep 2010, 00:59

Wait, Indiana had jumped? It was a good thing Cass hadn't noticed that- otherwise she'd have tanned his ass.
    "Great idea. Hit me partner," she grinned. "don't go too easy on me."

Cass reajusted her slinky off her hand and sat on it, bouncing. "don't you love slinkies?"

Post by Guest on Sat 04 Sep 2010, 01:48

"I'll just watch, I don't know how to play that..." Mary said, her slinky still hopping down the Grand Staircase.
    Almost done
    The last stair
    Aaaand finish!
    Mary excitedly bumped her fist into the air and went to sit down by Cass and Indiana.
    She didn't win, but it was still fun. Looking back to see whether Resa or Sam made any progress, Mary didn't anyone, so she just shrugged and turned back to her other friends.

Post by Guest on Sat 04 Sep 2010, 03:03

After shuffling the cards, Indiana passed two cards face-down to Cassopeia while doing the same for himself. He then placed the deck aside before taking his cards and looking at them.

'An ace and seven.' he thought to himself as he flipped the cards over to show his hand.

"You go first, Cass." Indiana spoke.

Post by Guest on Sat 04 Sep 2010, 06:31

"Thanks."
    Lightly, she flipped the cards over, only just shielding them from Indiana's view in time.
    A seven and a seven.
    She pursed her lips, thinking how people did tells and bluffs in poker.
    "Eh, stick."

Cass turned to see Mary behind her. "Hey, Mary, you care to join?"

Post by Guest on Sat 04 Sep 2010, 06:40

Indiana narrowed his eyes, keeping his cards out of Cassopeia's sight. The ace in his hand could serve as either a one or an eleven. Well, he decided to play safe and leave the ace as a one before hearing Cassopeia say the word stick.

Taking a deep breath, Indiana spoke one single word while his eyes were focused on the deck, hoping for a good card to come and join the cards he was holding.

"Hit."

Post by Guest on Sat 04 Sep 2010, 06:41

Mary smiled at Cass and shook her head.
    "No, I have no idea how to play that, thanks anyway." she said and watched her slinky still doing the weird flips in front of her.
    After few moments of silence, the Slytherin spoke up again, sighing and looking around.
    "How d'you think next year'll be?" she said thoughtfuly.

Post by Guest on Sat 04 Sep 2010, 08:15

Indiana registered Mary's question before pondering an answer. Unfortunately, he wasn't even sure on how next year would go. Well, nothing is really set and written in stone so there are certainly a lot of possibilities to consider.

"I wish I knew. The only thing I could likely guarantee is learning new tricks and the like." Indiana replied before drawing a card from the deck. He smiled a bit amid seeing that the drawn card was a five before drawing another ace that he designated as a one and then, to his complete astonishment, a king.

"Ah, hell. I went over twenty-one! You win, Cass." Indiana spoke, showing his hand to be two aces, a seven, a five, and a king.

Post by Guest on Sat 04 Sep 2010, 08:27

"Ouch, Indiana. Must hurt to lose from someone who's only played the game once. My mum doesn't trust cards," she said thoughtfully, "it must be something to do with their history. I don't know..." she shrugged when the reason didn't seem to sound enough.

"Mary, you want to make a card tower? Indi- there's no point playing me again; when you're against people like me, you know in the end there's really only one outcome," she teased.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 20 Sep 2017, 02:57