Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pumpkin Bumpkins!

Pumpkin Bumpkins! Empty Pumpkin Bumpkins!

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jul 2010, 16:39

Ashley Williams decided to investigate the little rat that was eating Hagrid's pumpkins for her favorite colleague. She had spotted plenty of holes in some of his best pumpkins!

"Come out, come out wherever you are you little rascal," she murmured as she peered around. At long last she spotted a gray little blur and she chased after it, leaving the pumpkin patch.

Post must always be above 50 words.

Pumpkin Bumpkins! Empty Re: Pumpkin Bumpkins!

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 04:15

Alexandra wandered into the pumpkin patch. It was quite a fine day outside, with fat white clouds puffing along the clear blue sky and a fine breeze wafting across the grounds.

Alexandra had decided to go for a walk around the grounds since it was such a nice day. As she wandered, she saw giant pumpkins in the distance. She hurried off toward the things, gaping at their size.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 19:01

Raven had meandered around the lake and now he was coming back towards the school. Seeing Hagrid's hut but not wanting to bother the giant, he went towards the pumpkin patch. Seeing how big they were reminded him of a Muggle nursery rhyme. The one about Peter Pumpkin Eater. He wondered if the giant was growing them for the Halloween feast and what magnificent jack o lanterns they'd make.
    Hopping onto one of the pumpkins he swung his legs out, drumming his feet against the pumpkin. Staring up at the sky, he wondered if it was going to rain.

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 05:12

"Hey Raven," said Alexandra as she approached and saw the boy standing on a pumpkin. "I haven't talked to you in a while," she commented. She noticed that he was staring at the sky and glanced up there too. It was a pretty nice day out, but those clouds could easily turn into rain clouds. Alex didn't want it to rain, because then she would be cooped up in the castle.

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010, 09:51

Looking down and over Raven nodded at her. "Hey. How you been Alex?"
    He hadn't really talked to many people since term started. There were still places to explore and his fights and adventures with Will took up most of his time.
    "So how big do you reckon the pumpkins will get by October?"

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jul 2010, 03:33

Alexandra jumped up lightly onto one of the pumpkins beside him. It was so large that it could easily hold her weight and probably a couple other eleven year olds. She looked down at its bright color and laughed. "I don't know, but if they get much bigger they won't be able to fit into the door of the Great Hall," she said. "I've been pretty good. Well things have been a bit...er...hectic around here. How have you been?" she asked.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jul 2010, 08:54

Raven grinned at the hectic comment. Yes, with the Purge and the expulsions, things had been quite hectic. Then there was all the sneaking around, teasing Dixie, and basically mischeif making. How to put that into words though? He settled with, "I'm good. Struggling with Transfiguration at the moment and wanting to move Potions and Herbology along..."
    He shrugged. "I'm good."

Post by Guest Sat 24 Jul 2010, 04:12

"Ugh, I'm no good at Astronomy," said Alexandra glumly, thinking of her least favorite class. "But I like Transfiguration." Now that she thought about it, they hadn't learned much Potions or Herbology. "Oh, have you signed up for the dueling club? That sounds really interesting. I can't wait to duel with someone," said Alexandra.

Post by Guest Sat 24 Jul 2010, 12:12

"Urgh," Raven groaned, rolling his eyes. "Just don't pick me, okay? I've already done two duels. It is pretty fun," he admitted as he thought about his duel with Will. Then recalling the near miss in the duel with Samantha, he blushed. "Uh, little advice though? If you're going to enter the Dueling Club? Wear trousers, just in case."

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jul 2010, 03:19

Alexandra grinned at that odd advice. "Got on the wrong side of a spell?" she asked with a smirk. "Wow, you've already done two duels? That's pretty cool." She stared up at the sky once again, then off toward the line of the Forbidden Forest. The dark trees were swaying ominously and the whole place seemed to give off an air of foreboding. She shivered slightly.

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jul 2010, 04:14

Raven nodded. "Yeah, I was challenged to a duel by Will and um, I guess I kinda challenged Sam." Mentioning that duel made him blush again. "Uh, I wasn't thinking in my duel with Sam and uh, if it wasn't for her quick thinking, she uh....."
    Clearing his throat he looked away. Desperate to change the subject he asked, "So, have you signed up for flying lessons? I have but I'm not sure how that will go. I've never really been on a broom before."

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jul 2010, 06:47

Alexandra noticed Raven's discomfort at the mention of the duel and didn't press the subject. "Yeah, I signed up for flying lessons. They should be fun. I love Quidditch! I know it can be a bit challenging the first time, but once you get the hang of it, it's great. I'm sure you'll do fine," she said. But as she waved her hands in the air to demonstrate catching a soaring quaffle, she lost her balance and fell off the giant pumpkin she had been standing precariously on.

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 09:27

Raven tried to grab Alexandra's arm as she fell, and ended up falling from the pumpkin himself. He landed on the ground hard beside her and he groaned. That had hurt! "Ow."
    Sitting up he looked at her in concern. "You okay, Alex? Maybe you shouldn't try to fly without a broom, huh?"

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 04:11

As Raven tried to help her up, he ended up falling. "Sorry," she gasped, then ended up giggling at the sight of them sprawled on the ground. As her laughter died down, she rubbed her arm where she had fallen. It would probably be bruised, but she would survive.

"I'm fine," she said. "Are you?" she asked, hoping he wasn't hurt. "And thankfully I'm coordinated on a broom than I am on land," she said with a smile.

Post by Guest Sun 01 Aug 2010, 01:24

Raven nodded at her question. "Yeah, I'm okay. As for your coordination on a broom, I envy you. I've never been on a broom before. I'm afraid of falling off and looking like a fool."
    He grinned sheepishly and stood up, holding out his hand to help Alex up as well. "Maybe you could give me a few pointers and show me how not to be embarrassed come flying lessons?"

Post by Guest Sun 01 Aug 2010, 01:32

"Thanks," said Alexandra, accepting the proffered arm. "Yeah, sure I can tell you some stuff about flying," said Alexandra with a smile. "My mother taught me about it since my dad's a muggle. It kinda freaks him out," she said, laughing at the thought.

"You shouldn't worry about falling. Once your in the air everything will feel natural. Sort of like....when you learn how to ride a bike. Have you done that before?"

Post by Guest Sun 01 Aug 2010, 01:59

Glad that he would be getting tips, Raven smiled in relief before flushing in embarassment. "Um, no. I've never ridden a bike either."
    Even though his mum was Muggleborn, Raven hadn't ever owned a bike, much less rode one. He walked wherever he needed to go, pretty much. "Is it hard to ride a bike?"

Post by Guest Sun 01 Aug 2010, 03:03

Alexandra thought before answering. "Well, when you first learn to ride a bike, it can be a bit difficult. But once you get it, it just feels...right. You can never forget how to do it. Weird, huh?" she said.
    "I know some of these schools brooms aren't the best out there, but they should work pretty well. You just have to remember to keep balanced. Like don't lean forward to far or anything," she said, pausing to make sure she wasn't getting to confusing or anything.

Post by Guest Mon 02 Aug 2010, 03:42

Cass stuffed the final scroll leading to Raven's birthday present inside a (by the looks of it) a vermin-eaten Pumpkin.
    She re-read the fith and final clue (Where was Harry when he found out Hermione Granger was petrified in his Second Year?) probably one of the most challenging, depending on how much of a follower Raven was.
    Meetcha there... thought Cass, as she headed to the place, the present in her hands right now, admiring it.

Post by Guest Tue 03 Aug 2010, 18:00

Raven canted his head as he looked about the pumpkin patch. Going among the pumpkins he searched for a scroll or another piece of parchment. He wondered what had gotten into Pia to make a scavenger hunt for him. Not that he was complaining. Far from it. He was enjoying himself. Seeing a really aweful pumpkin, he went and squatting next to it grinned. Pulling out his next clue he read it then headed back up towards the castle.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 20:59

Cass was excited in a way she hadn't been since home.
    She was going to make food. Well, drink. It still made sense.
    She found a plump Pumpkin, and using her wand and a severing charm, cut of the top of the orange thang.
    "Pumpkin Juice, here I come!"

Post by Guest Sun 08 Aug 2010, 04:54

Alexandra turned around as she saw Cass coming up. "Hey there!" she said, skipping over to her. "What'cha doing?" she asked as she watched her cut off the top of a pumpkin with interest. "Do you want pumpkin pie? I'm sure the house elves would be glad to make you some," she joked with a grin.

Post by Guest Sun 08 Aug 2010, 08:17

Cass gaped her mouth open in shock at the words coming from Alex's. "I love pumpkin pie. It's only the greatest pie in the world!" she gushed.
    She put the top back on the pumpkin. Pumpkin juice would have to wait.
    "As long as you do the oven, no-one's gunna die. I'm up for that if you are!"

Post by Guest Sun 08 Aug 2010, 08:25

"All right then," said Alex, moving closer to Cass. "Are we gonna go to the kitchens and ask the elves?" she asked. "Or we could make it ourselves. We could use this pumpkin's err..pumpkin inside stuff," she said, having no clue what pumpkin inside stuff was called. "And I agree, pumpkin pie is delicious."

Post by Guest Sun 08 Aug 2010, 09:05

"Oh, definately making it ourselves. That's how cool kids role, Alex. God sake. You should know things like this. And as for the recipe, all I know is that you put in a Pumpkin and out comes a pie. You might have to lead the way for the bit inbetween." She grinned, blushing as her belly rumbled.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content