Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dance Practice

Dance Practice Empty Dance Practice

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jul 2010, 02:01

Shannon walked out of the Great hall and into the warm sunlight. She knew she should probably be practicing her basics for ballroom dancing. She turned on her Ipod and put it on Shuffle. A tango came on. She held her arms as if there was a partner there and started the basic.
    'Back step one, back step two, back step three, side step left. Promenade, and lunge...' She repeated this over in her head.

Dance Practice Empty Re: Dance Practice

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 06:33

Rebecca went out to the lake after dinner. It was too noisy in the castle for her. She needed some quiet. What she fuond by the lake was beautiful. Dancing there was a fellow Raven. Whose name she thought was Shannon. She was listening to something that Rebecca had no clue what it was. It had to be playing music of some kind. Rebecca sat down and decided to watch the girl dancing.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 07:23

Shannon's tango ended and a fox of the trot or Foxtrot began to play.
    "Back step one, back step two, side step right. Promenade, turn." Shannon thought to herself. Shannon had always best at Foxtrot. She had the natural grace and poise when it came to smooth dances like Tango, waltz, and foxtrot. She always competed in smooth.
    Rythem dances, swing, cha cha, rumba, and hustle were the ones she enjoyed the most but was never great at them.
    Shannon opened her eyes and saw a girl watching her. She was wearing the same house colors and had seen here in the common room but was never good at names.
    Shannon blushed embarrassed someone caught her dancing. Dancing was how Shannon let out emotion and energy.
    Shannon turned her Ipod on pause.
    "Hello." Shannon said. Her cheeks red from dancing and from the wind.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 07:29

Rebecca smiled and waved. "Hello. Please continue. I've never really seen anybody dance before. My parents have two left feet each and I've never taken lessons. I was enjoying watching you. You seem to move very nicely. What is that thing that you are listening too? I have never seen anything like it. Is it Muggle?"

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 07:47

Shannon smiled.
    "Thanks. This is called an Ipod. It plays music and its so small you can take it anywhere." Shannon moved closer to Rebecca.
    "My aunt started me in Ballroom dancing when I was little so yeah. I am listening to 'I wont dance' by Frank Sinatra." Shannon looked down.
    "I could teach you some. If you want." Shannon added the last part quickly.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jul 2010, 01:04

Rebecca leaned in closer while Shannon talked. She stared in wonder at the Ipod. It was a very interesting device.

"I would love to learn some. I know that we will have some classes on dancing in our later years but I would rather not look like an idiot in front of everyone. Especially the boys." Rebecca looked at Shannon for an answer.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jul 2010, 12:01

Shannon giggled a little at the boy comment.
    "I would love to teach you." Shannon smiled glad to have a new friend. Shannon sat by Rebecca and offered her an earphone. Shannon saw the confused look on Rebeccas face.
    "You stick it in your ear." Rebecca did so and played 'Mr. Right' By A Rocket to the Moon. A Rocket to the Moon was one of her favorite bands.

Post by Guest Sat 24 Jul 2010, 23:50

Rebecca listened to the music playing. I sounded great. She turned and smiled at Shannon.

"Have you picked your dorm yet? I am in Dorm D with wonderful girl named Alexandra Lovegood. We are the only ones in there as of right now. I would love it if you would join us. Then we could practice in there. Away from those that would make fun of us."

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jul 2010, 04:11

Shannon smiled.

"Sure. Sounds like fun." Then she thought of the people making fun of her.
    "I dont mind being made fun of. People always have. I guess I'm used to it." Shannon shrugged.
    "I was alway wierd. It still hurt though. People would stay away from me when I was nine." She stared off at the Lake.

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jul 2010, 04:26

Hailey walks up to Shannon, her friend she new since primary school, and sees that she is ballroom dancing. Hailey says to herself,"Hey, I know how to ballroom dance. Of course she knows that because we go to the same studio. I'll go say hey" Hailey walked up to Shannon and Rebecca and says,"Hey guys." to Shannon she says,"Shannon, are you teaching her how to ballroom dance?"

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jul 2010, 10:34

"Um, not now but later in my dorm." Shannon said slowly. Hailey was always very loud and in your face. Shannon, instead, faded into the background. That was fine with here. Shannon was just socially akward. Hailey was the only friend she ever had since the 'incident.' Shannon would never tell anyone but she was sercretly intimidated by Hailey.

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jul 2010, 01:30

"Hello, Hailey. She will teach me later. I find it fascinating. Do you know how to dance? How do you both know each other? If you don't mind me asking."

Rebecca smiled at both of the girls. Shannon seemed a little uneasy and Rebecca wondered why. Shannon had seemed fine a few minutes before. Rebecca hoped that she hadn't done anything to upset her new friend.

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jul 2010, 07:25

Shannon took a couple steps away from Hailey. It's not that she didnt like her, Hailey was just so loud and intimidating.
    "Er- yes she know how to dance. We went to the same dance studio. We were the only kids." Shannon explained quietly. Shannon talked before Hailey got the chance. Once she started, she couldnt stop. Shannon was a little afraid of Hailey to a point.

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jul 2010, 01:57

Rebecca watched the two girls and saw that Shannon's discomfort was not with herself but with the other girl.

"That's interesting. Shannon? Do you want to head inside? I'm sure it's nearing time for dinner. We should stow our things and if we have time maybe start on some homework?"

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jul 2010, 06:48

Shannon smiled greatfully at Rebecca and nodded. She hooked arms with her fellow Raven and put an earphone in the girls ear. And with that they left and headed to the Ravenclaw table and Hailey went to hers. Shannon went to the table in a dark corner. It was so dark, no one noticed there was a place setting there.
    When they got to their table, Shannon didnt take anything to put on her plate as usual.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 10:21