Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wood Shop

Wood Shop - Page 2 Empty Re: Wood Shop

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 15:50

Shelby went over to a low table and hopped up onto it, careful not to sit on any of the muggle tools lying around, as she watched Indiana work. She considered his offer. It was rather amusing to imagine the two of them taking turns throwing water balloons at each other as hard as they could. It sounded like a disaster in the making. "Okay," she agreed happily.

She thought back to his previous question. "Why did you want to know what Bludgers are made out of?" she asked, wondering why it mattered.

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 00:09

"Considering on what you told me about Quidditch, I was simply gauging the risk rating of a Bludger since those tend to be one of the direct threats during a game. Knowing the material provides a good start on how to deal with Bludgers if one is a Chaser, Keeper, or Seeker." Indiana replied.

"Now that you've told me that they're made of iron, that will certainly make them even dangerous to contend against along with the Beaters that send them flying. How bad can injuries get in a Quidditch game?"

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 03:24

"If you get hit with a Bludger, you're going to be bruised at the very least. I suppose the most common injury is some type of broken bone, normally the arms but sometimes it's different. The most severe injury a player could receive would be death, but Quidditch related deaths are very rare. You're more likely to be attacked by a crocodile in the middle of London than die from playing Quidditch," Shelby hoped that Indiana wasn't put off by the possible injuries. She was hoping that someday, when they were allowed to fly without supervision, he would let her teach him how to play. "Like I said, broken bones are the most common, but those are easily fixed. If a team has good enough beaters, there are no injuries during a match."

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 04:04

"Hmm...doesn't sound bad if it is broken bones." Indiana replied while thinking that protective gear is likely worn in a game anyways. "For a moment, I thought that Bludgers went as fast as the cannonballs in some of those old war movies. Then again, I have yet to watch a Quidditch game to really see for myself on how things are played."

It wasn't long before he had finished that the tablets deceptively looked like solid wood without any evidence of the drilled holes. Indiana then placed the finished tablets near a ventilation unit to speed up the drying process before taking his goggles and gloves. After washing his hands in a nearby sink, the youth then went to the bench where he composed what looked like a receipt invoice for an order of wood, making sure that the lettering and slight crevices on the parchment were correct before adding a large kanji symbol for crane in lemon juice. The process took about twenty minutes before he was finished and Indiana went to retrieve the wooden tablets and then the box of letters.

"Well, I'm all set now." Indiana spoke. "Hopefully, I can time all of this right. Thanks for the help, Shelby. Is there anything you need or want from the wood shop?"

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 11:32

"No problem," Shelby shrugged. "I like to help."

She looked around at all the tools before addressing Indiana's question, "Not unless you found a way to make a broom," she hopped off the table and headed for the door. "Is there any particular time when you'd like to practice the shield charm?"

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 11:53

"After I'm done taking care of this current issue with Ms. Albion and my homework, I'll have plenty of time to spare for practicing the Shield Charm." Indiana replied as he pushed the door open with his back and kept it open for Shelby.

"If you can set a time and place, let me know." the youth spoke before slowly walking off but not before calling out. "In any case, I'll see you later, Shelby!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 23:36