Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Looking

Just Looking Empty Just Looking

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 11:44

Hilary raced down to the entrance to the Forbidden Corridor. She had been wondering what sort of things might be going on behind that door to make it forbidden. And now, she was finally going to find out.

She paced back and forth, too excited to stay still, and waited for Theresa to join her.

Just Looking Empty Re: Just Looking

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 11:50

Theresa laughed when she saw Hilary looking very excited outside the corridor, she seemed like she couldn't even stand still. "Let's find out why there use to be a dog in there then" she said excitedly as she ran into the corridor. Looking over her shoulder at Hilary who was just outside the corridor.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 11:53

"Let's go," Hilary said, not wanting to wait anymore. She followed quickly behind Resa at first, but slowed down when it started to get dark. She wished she knew the spell to light her wand, but they hadn't learned that one yet. A flashlight would have done nicely as well, but hers didn't work here.

"Do you see anything?" she asked, trying to stay close to Resa. If anything was to happen, she didn't want them to get separated.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 11:59

Theresa slowed down when the coridor began to darken, she didn't think it would be so dark. She looked around, wishing that there was some type of light. "Nothing yet" she said when she heard Hilary's question. "I think the dog use to be on that side of the corridor" she said as she pointed to the opposite side of the corridor in front of them.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 12:03

"We should have thought to ask the room for a light of some form before we left," she said, quietly.

She could remember when she had gone into the Forest with Will, and he had said that people talked too much and got themselves caught. She definitely didn't want to do that.

She looked in the direction Resa had indicated. She couldn't see anything. "Let's go have a look then," she said.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 12:11

Theresa nodded as she thought of how much easier it would have been if they asked the room for a type of light.
    "Right behind you" she whispered as she walked slowly to the other side of the corridor. "Do you really think there use to be a three headed dog in this corridor?" she asked quietly. She had always wondered if it was true since she had found out about it in that book she had read.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 12:14

Hilary shrugged as she kept walking slowly down the corridor. Then she realized that it was really dark and Resa probably hadn't been able to see it.

"It's in all the books about Harry Potter," she said, remember the few books she had read when she first arrived at the school. "And those are supposed to be factual. So I guess so."

She kept moving, wondering when they would come across something interesting. She had yet to see why the corridor was forbidden. It was just dark.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 12:17

Theresa quickly looked over her shoulder, she thought she had heard something. "Yeah... it must be true then" she said, shaking off the feeling of being watched. She continued to walk slowly to the other side of the corridor but winced when she walked into something. "Ow, that hurt" she said as she rubbed her face.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 12:20

"What happened?" Hilary asked, spinning around to where Resa was standing. Her eyes were slowly adjusting to the darkness of the corridor, and she was able to make out the dark figure of the other girl.

Just then, she heard a noise, like someone - or something - moving around in the corridor in front of her. She stopped dead, listening.

"Did you hear that?" she asked her friend.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 12:25

Theresa looked back "I didn't hear anything, although I did hear something before" she said quietly as she tried to look around. She put her hands in front of her to see what she knocked into and groaned "I don't believe it, I had walked into the bloody wall" she said indignantly. Of all the things that could have hurt her, the wall had gotten the better of her.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 12:28

Hilary couldn't help it. She started to laugh. Of all things they might have been worried about running into in the forbidden corridor, Resa had to go and run into the wall. When she heard her laugh echo around the corridor, she immediately clapped a hand over her mouth.

"Let's keep moving," she said, quietly. "I want to find something down here."

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 12:32

Theresa nodded "ok, I think my pride has been hurt enough already" she said, pouting in the dark as she began to walk down the corridor.
    A bloody wall got the better of me she thought bitterly as she glared at where she thought the wall was. "There might be something good down here" she said as she held out her hand and felt around, wondering what could be in the corridor.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 12:36

Hilary placed her hand on the wall, using it to guide her thought the corridor. She could sort of see what was around her, but not clearly enough to feel comfortable.

"This is a really long corridor," she mused. "And this whole adventure is turning out to be a bit anticlimactic. Why is this place forbidden? There's nothing here!"

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 12:38

"I know, this is such a boring corridor, I bet the Professors made it forbidden as a joke or something" Theresa said, slightly annoyed. "OW!" she winced when she knocked into something again. "I don't believe it! the stupid wall- hey wait, there seems to be a door handle or something" she said excitedly as she brushed her hand over some type of metal ring.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 12:41

Hilary placed her hands out in front of her, stopping herself just in time from running into a solid door in front of her. She reached her hand over to where the handle should be and, sure enough, there was a door handle there.

"Open it! Open it!" she said, excitedly. Maybe they were finally getting somewhere.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 12:46

Theresa grinned as she pulled on the metal wing, she clossed her eyes for a moment but nothing came. She opened one of her eyes and was confused to see an empty room. "Well that's no good, it is empty, the Professors so lied when they said that this corridor is forbiden" she said as she looked into the room.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 12:50

Hilary walked into the room. She was disappointed. There wasn't anything here. Just a stupid empty room at the end of a stupid empty corridor. She could imagine the professors have a good laugh in the staff lounge while they thought of all the kids they busted down her.

Just then, she felt the toe of her shoe catch in something, pitching her forwards. She threw her hands out in front of her, trying to stop her fall. When she had come to a stop on the ground, she went back to see what had tripped her.

"Resa, come and see this," she exclaimed, running her hands over the trap door in the floor.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 12:58

Theresa's eyes widened when she saw Hilary fall "are you ok?" she asked as she hurried to her. She looked at what Hilary was talking about and saw the trap door. "Wow, there is actually something good in this whole corridor then" she said excitedly as she quickly moved out of the way so it could be opened.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 13:00

"I wonder what it leads to," she said. She grasped the handle to the trap door and pulled it open.

She looked down. It seemed even darker down there than it was in the part of the corridor they were in now. She couldn't see the bottom, or if there was anywhere to go once they got down there, or a way out.

"Should we go down?" she asked Resa.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 13:05

Theresa shook her head "I don't think we should, I am all for adventure and all but that seems way to dangerous" she said cautiously. "What if it is like fifty feet or something with a hard floor or what if something really dangerous tries to eat us down there, or even what if there is no way to get back up" she said, thinking of all the bad stuff that could happen.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 13:08

"The not being able to get back out is what worries me the most," she said, looking longingly at the hole in the floor. She could only imagine what cool things might be hidden down there. "And I don't think that it would go over too well with the professors if we had to owl them to get us out."

She looked back behind them. "I hate to go back now, though. We haven't seen anything interesting down here."

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 13:13

Theresa sighed "I know, so much for the forbidden corridor, how about I go down first and if something happens then go get one of the Professors" she offered as she looked down into the hole. It did look like it would be great, maybe even better then great and there probably wasnt any stupid walls trying to attack people down there. She rubbed the side of her face where it still hurt, she would never trust walls again.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 13:18

"Are you sure you want to go down there?" she asked. She didn't want her friend to do anything she didn't want to. "Wait," she said. "We learned how to do the levitation spell in Charms class. Maybe, if you wanted to go down first, I could levitate you out if there's not other way to get out. But only if you wanted to."

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 13:23

Theresa nodded and smiled reasuringly at her friend. "Sounds good to me" she said before she kneeled down next to the trap door. "Talk to you in a minute then" she said. She heaved herself into the hole and fell. She was surprised by how far it was and winced slightly when she hit the floor. It wasnt a hard floor but it wasnt soft either, it was like she was standing on something thin and dead.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 13:25

Hilary heard Resa's hit the ground. Or something, anyway. She hoped her friend wasn't hurt. This had all been her stupid idea in the first place. If Resa got hurt, it would be all her fault.

"Are you okay?" she called down the trap door. She glanced around, just to be safe, making sure no one else was around.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 00:03