Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review

Review Empty Review

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 04:55

1st Year

1. Wingardium Leviosa (Levitating)
    2. Alohamora (Unlocking)
    3. Accio (Summoning)
    4. Rictusempra (Tickling)
    5. Lumos (light)
    6. Nox (Light out)
    7. Tarantallegra (Dancing)
    8. Petrificus Totalus (Freezing)
    9. Locomotor Mortis (Leg Locking)
    10. Finite Incantatem (Undo)

Review Empty Re: Review

Prof. Williams was quiet for a moment, absently marking down the students that were here and she studied her students as she waited a moment for her class. Her right hand, which was gripping her wand, was making small circles in the air which was suspending a small muggle basketball. Well... She put her quill down (which she had been writing with her left hand) before she flicked her wand to bounce the basketball off towards the back and let it heavily fall to the ground, making sure it did not bounce this time. Standing up, she smiled warmly at her class.

"Good morning class! Before we try to learn a few charms. I feel that we should get to know what muggles call Physics. Only we will brush up on it this year, but I will bring it up every year in more detail. There are a few key points in how to make an object in motion, rest and an object at rest, in motion." She said cheerfully. This was always a fun lesson to teach, considering it stumped many.

"We will touch up on them as you progress, but first I think we should try something simple. Like the Leviation Charm. Or known as Wingardium Leviosa the incantation. Your wand movements are swish and flick. I have a box of feathers I would like you to try this one." she instructed.

"I would say that in order to cast, the physics apply in swish and flick and your force. If you need me, I'll be here."

Homework:

1. What is the charm for today?

2. What object was being bounced around earlier?

3. What is the key points of Physics?

4. How does physics apply to charms?

5. What is the incantation of todays charm?

Professor Williams sat at her desk once more, watching her students with a small smile on her face. On each desk was a chest and inside was a bag of candy and their homework assignment. She grinned as she stood up to begin teaching them.

"Alohomora is the unlocking charm, as you all would know. The locking charm will not be taught until your second years, but we will be learning how to unlock them. On every single chest there is a locking charm placed over it. There are four chests inside that chest and you will have to unlock all four in order to find what is inside them all." she said as she walked over to a large chest next to her.

Alohomora she said and the first chest opened to reveil another chest inside of it. She repeated the process and the chest was empty. She grinned again.

"My chest was empty just to show you how you work on it. The incantation is indeed Alohomora and you can read a detailed explanation in Chapter 7 of your books. While normally it is used to unlock doors, you can use them on things such as this. Point wand at a lock on the object in order to cast successfully. Ready? Begin!"

Homework
    1. Incantation is what?

2. How many chests are you unlocking today?

3. What chapter is this in?

4. What is this normally used on?

5. What is inside the chest?

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 04:56

Professor Williams grinned at her students with something akin to amusement on her face. Next to her was a box of miscellaneous toys that was filled to the brim, but was charmed so that you could not see through or into it. She waited for the last of her students to take a seat before beginning today's lecture.

"Accio is the Summoning Charm. The pronunciation is AK-see-oh and this charm summons an object to the caster, potentially over a significant distance. Today you will be summoning ONE toy from this bin that I nicked got from Professor Lewis. How will you know what to look for? You won't. You will be playing a game while doing this and try and guess what sort of toys are in the bin. There are various and no there are no muggle weapons or toy guns. You get to keep whatever toy you summon to yourself." Professor Williams lectured. She was inwardly chuckling. Kaitlyn wouldn't need these toys anyways. She had been saying something about getting rid of them anyways.

"Besides that you need to worry about being specific and not vague. If I said Accio Drawers, then something like a pair of knickers might come flying at me instead of a drawer from a dresser.

Once you summon a toy successfully to yourself," she said as she then turned their attention to the papers on the shelf in the back, "you must accio your homework to you in order to complete the assignment and do your work. So once I was finished for example, I'd have to say 'Accio Ashley William's Hw'."

Homework:

1. What is the incantation?

2. What toy did you get to keep?

3. Who gave me the toys?

4. What happens if I say accio book?

5. Where was this homework?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 07:34