Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sitting Under a Tree

Sitting Under a Tree - Page 3 Empty Re: Sitting Under a Tree

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 13:45

"Yea its the whole 'boys are brawn and girls are brain' thing, boys are just simple minded" Theresa said, laughing at the thought of how annoyed the Durmstrang boys would be. "Boys at Durmstrang are just going to be cranky that girls are finally going to come and prove how superior they are" she said.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 13:50

Harmony laughed.

"I wonder how Dimitri feels about being an exchange student to Hogwarts," Harmony said, placing a fingertip on her chin. "Maybe he knew about the girls coming to Durmstrang, so he volunteered himself to come over here where there was girls anyway."

Harmony sighed slightly, staring at the cover of her book. "However," she said, eyes sparkling mischievously. "You get the boys who are the brain and the brawn. They are rare, and to be able to hold such an intellectual conversation, rarer still."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 14:00

Theresa grinned "very, very rare, probably not that many of them in this country" she joked. "I havent met any yet, well, unless you count Black, he is scary smart" she said thoughtfully. "I havent actually met Dimitri yet, I have heard about him though, everything here must confuse him, it is a lot different then Durmstrang" she said.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 14:04

Harmony nodded.

"Oh yes, William is probably one of those. Raven might be as well, but I haven't seen him around lately." Harmony said. "Dimitri is very polite, and he's a wonderful person to talk to. I haven't had the chance to have much of a conversation with him, but he is very kind. You'll have to meet him sometime."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 14:17

Theresa nodded "I was going to talk to him when he first got here but he seemed like he had enough people greeting him" she said. She knew that if she went to a new school in the middle of the year then so many people greeting her would be uncomfortable.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 14:18

Harmony knew what Theresa was saying was true, and she nodded her head.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. If you wish to meet him then, send him an owl. That's what I did." Harmony explained. "That way, you get to meet him and he you, and he can reply whenever he feels like it. So he's not pressured into meeting a bunch of new people at the same time."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 14:27

"Good idea, I still might wait a while though, a lot of people are probably trying to see him but I don't want to seem rude so I wont wait too long" Theresa said. "He seems alright, from what I heard, deffinetly not the usual Durmstrang steriotype of evil students" she said. She knew that she shuldn't believe steriotypes, Slytherins were also suppose to be evil but the ones she knew were nice.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 14:31

"I guess stereotypes don't really occur that often around anymore since the whole 'Harry Potter' fiasco," Harmony said, shrugging. "I mean you'll still have the adamant people of the family of Purebloods, but I think I might just have to marry a half-blood or Muggleborn just to piss my Auntie off."

Harmony laughed happily. "Oh yes. That would be the time of my life. And besides, hopefully Dimitri isn't going anywhere anytime soon so who knows? Maybe you'll be paired up in a class together."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 14:36

"That was the war wasn't it?" Theresa asked as she thought about what her father had told her. She didn't really know anything about history and never took History of Magic. "Hopefully, it seems like a lot of things have been changing lately, people transfering or retiring and then people coming, hard to keep up with it all" she said.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 14:39

"It's a bit difficult to keep up with it at first," Harmony said, nodding her head. "But then again, we're quite new to it all. We're first years, and as such, we'll just have to hope that we get used to it as the years go on. Yes, that was the war with Voldemort to answer your previous question. If you're interested in it, I have a book that Harry Potter wrote about it."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 14:49

"Yea, seeing as there will probably be more stuff to keep up with, good thing this school is full of gossiping hens, me and my friends included, which will make it easier" Theresa said, grinning as she remembered the fact that everyone seemed to know nearly everything about each other through gossip and eavesdropping.

"I would love to see it, I don't usually look at history much, no one knows it then no one will want to actually want to repeat it" she said.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 14:53

"Hm...that's a good point right there, but in the long run someone will probably come up with the idea and run with it," Harmony said solemly before grinning. "Gossip gabbers and tell tales alike, huh? So what's roving around the rumor mill this week then?"

Harmony was curious. Normally she didn't pay attention to rumors.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 15:05

"I guess, both ways, someone will know what to do" Theresa said before grinning. She tried to remember everything that she had heard over the last week. The real reason Hale was kicked out in detail was too old. There was Helxia and her half brother going because of the perge but that was old too. "The newest ones I have are about people throwing exploding snap cards, people camping out in the whomping willow, I got some stuff on Malfoy, bungee jumping off one of the towers, oh and something creepy found in the lake" she said.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 19:31

"We didn't camp out either way- although I'd found a mattress," said Cass as she heard her situation being spoken of by Theresa, not that she minded, "Malfoy got to us before we could. Apparantly, we weren't 'respecting the tree'. Ah well. He can only see past his nose into the mirror, if you ask me." Cass sat down on the other side of the tree, in the thick foliage of shadows.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 20:33

Harmony smiled at Theresa, and then turned to smile at Cass in greeting.

"I was wondering about that. Apparently, Mr. Malfoy is too harsh on his punishments." Harmony said, thinking about what she'd heard recently as well. "I haven't been on the receiving one yet, and by the way everyone talks about, I don't think I want to either."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 02:21

Theresa winced "yea' his punishments are just sick and gross" she said. "The one I was in had to do with owl dung, so I am not touching anything with my hands for a few days" she said, pretending to gag.

She smiled at Cassi "hey Cassico!" she said cheerfully. "I heard about it but I didn't know it was you" she said.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 02:26

Harmony flinched. She loved the owls and all, but she didn't think she'd be took happy with cleaning up after them.

"Didn't he give you guys rags and cleaner?" Harmony asked, thinking back to her detention. "When I had to clean the floors of the Ravenclaw common room, Professor Williams gave me like a mop and a brush. Stuff of that nature."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 02:36

Theresa shook her head "no, he had us scrap it up with our fingernails" she said. "I have washed my hands and cut my nails like a million times but I am so not ready to use my hands yet" she said.
    "Professor B.F is a horrid git" she said as she thought about the detention.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 02:47

Harmony winced yet again. Fingernails? That was surely a pure torture right there. Harmony loved to get down and dirty, not caring about her nails when it was Herbology, but to scrape owl dung with her fingernails, she wouldn't be able to handle that.

"Ouch," she said. "Have you brought up any complaints? Or were you not thinking of doing that?"

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 02:52

Theresa shrugged "Shelby has but the Headmistress just thinks that we had to do it for the punishment so I am not bothering to complain aswell, there is only so much that woman must be able to take" she said. "He is a horrid, rotten man but if he keeps acting like how he acts then he isn't going to enjoy his stay here" she said, thinking about what people have already said about him.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 02:56

"Do you think some kids might rebel against him then?" Harmony asked curiously. "If he's as mean as people seem to think and know he is, then do you think people will decide to drop Charms? Boycott his class? Pull pranks on him?"

She wondered just what people would do to get even with the Professor.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 03:00

"Sounds like a good idea, maybe some will" Theresa said thoughtfully. "I know I wont, I think I got enough people in trouble for now, if people do then good for them, show the Professor what a school of witches and wizards can really do when something like this happens" she said.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 03:18

Harmony laughed.

"I know that I definitely won't be one of the ones pulling any pranks or dropping Charms. It's an important class, and well, bad teachers are a small price to pay for being able to attend this glorious school. Professor Malfoy seems to know what he's doing when it comes to Charms." Harmony said. "But for some reason, he doesn't strike me as a people person."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 03:35

Theresa grinned "I don't think he is either, he seems too, how should I put it... insensative, maybe annoying, cruel, heartless" she said, ticking them off on her fingers. "I would love to pull a prank or drop it but like you said, the subject is too important and it is something that I cant do" she said.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 03:54

Harmony nodded, wondering if Theresa and the others really thought those things about Professor Malfoy.

"He could stand to lighten up a little I suppose," Harmony mused. "I mean, Ex-Professor Williams' detentions were cleaning but at least they were rather humane. Of course, the extra things that you got to wear wasn't so great."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 03:05