Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Beanbag Pit

The Beanbag Pit - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beanbag Pit

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 10:28

Theresa looked up from the table and glared at Hilary darkly. "Hush up you and that thing is going the moment I can rip it up, it is on my to do list" she said, sticking her tongue out at the girl before looking back down at her parchment.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 10:28

He nodded at their words as he slowly began to walk into the room, looking around. He noted a great many things about the surroundings, including the dragon, but mentioned none of them. After all, he was here to talk to the other students now. "Mind if I have a seat?"

He felt a little uncomfortable, alone in the room with three girls. But then, all of Hogwarts seemed to be girls, and he was not used to that coming from Durmstrang. Just another difference to get used to. After all, what eleven year old boy was ever really comfortable surrounded by girls?

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 10:31

Theresa nodded as she looked up from her work "sure" she said, smiling before she looked at the dragon and glared at Hilary. She really needed to burn that thing. Especially if other people were going to see it. Maximus the 1st was so much better. The stupid clone dragon will just have to go.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 10:41

"Maximus the Second isn't going anywhere," Shelby glared at Resa. "I already told you that he's been Resa-proofed. You can't do anything bad to him."

She relocated from the table full of art supplies to one of the beanbag chairs. "So where are you from, Dimitri?" she asked, curious about why he had transfered to Hogwarts so late in the year.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 12:25

Lauren heard that Shelby had created a new room for the girls and wandered past the room of requirement thinking of Shelby to try and get the room to allow her access.

Finally the room opened, and Lauren walked in to see Shelby, Resa, Hilary and.... Dimitri?

Lauren walked forward to the group of first years and took a seat beside the boy.

Lauren smiled over at the boy, wondering why he was here... Not that is wasn't allowed to be.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 14:53

Dimitri offered the newcomer a smile, despite the fact she said nothing. It was slightly unnerving, that she had said nothing upon entering, but he did not let it get to him.

"I'm from Russia. I started my schooling at Durmstrang, but my mother and I moved here part way through the year, so I had to transfer schools." It was all true, and did not settle on any of the unpleasant topics that could come up with discussing why they had to move, so he was comfortable telling them.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 14:55

Theresa nodded "so do you like Hogwarts so far?" she asked curiously. "It musnt be easy really, there is so much work and from what I have heard, Durmstrang is a lot different from here" she said. She looked up at Lauren and smiled "hey Lauren" she said before looking back at Dimitri.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 14:59

Lauren listened to Dimitri explain where he was from. She had heard that he was from Durmstrang, but not from Russia. I should have suspected that, considering the accent. Lauren thought. She hadn't really had a chance to speak to the boy since she had introduced herself earlier in the term.

"Hey Resa!" Lauren said to the Hufflepuff, and then turned to Dimitri, "Hey Dimitri. How are you?"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:10

He nodded his head to the girls question, giving a small sigh. "It is more different than you can imagine. Here, I see students walking around casting spells they would not have learnt until forth year in Durmstrang. The teachers are so lenient. The grounds are so vast. It is all a change. But, I am finding it alright so far."

He offered Lauren a quick smile. "I am alright thank you, how are you?"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:18

Lauren listened to what the boy said. She sometimes felt the same way. It was as though some of the students were adult witches and wizards in disguise they knew some much about magic. Lauren often felt as though she was drowning.

"I am quite well. Thank you for asking. I'm glad to hear that you are finding your way here at Hogwarts. I was so overwhelmed the first term I was here. I cannot imagine coming in half way through. It must have been so terrifying."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:19

"It will probably get better once the second year starts and everything is new so you wont be in the middle of everything" Theresa said. "Have you seen all of the school yet or still exploring most of it?" she asked. She wondered what types of spells were taught at Durmstrang but didn't want to ask too many questions at once so waited.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:24

"Terrifying isn't quite the right word," Dimitri said softly, and he paused. Finding similar words was difficult for him sometimes, as his english wasn't perfect yet. "Daunting describes it better, I think. And you're right, it probably will be better in the next year, provided I get there. I am having trouble with some of the classes."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:27

Theresa crumpled up her picture and threw it into the small metal bin beside the table before listening to the boy. She really would have hated to move in the middle of the school year, it must not be that great, especially when someone from Durmstrang wouldn't be use to so many girls and so little boys. "Which classes?" she asked, wondering if she was asking too many questions.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:43

He shrugs a little. It was kind of difficult for him to start listing them, since it would be such a long list. "Transfiguration, because I have no real feel for it. My real problems are Astronomy, because the classes are so short and there is almost no interaction with the Professor, and Defense Against the Dark Arts." His shoulders rise and fall faintly. If he was going to be friends with these people, he really should open up. "I don't like the way everyone underestimates the Dark Arts here."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:47

"A lot of people don't get the Transfigurations lessons, I think it is all to do with the observation thing" Theresa said. She thought about what he said about the dark arts and quickly became interested about what he meant. "oh? what are your views on the dark arts? that is, if you don't mind me asking of course" she said.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:52

He leaned back in his chairs as he sighed. Was that something he really wanted to get back in to? "I don't know, the last time that came up it ended up in a massive debate, and I really don't want to rock the boat in here." His shoulders rose and fell. "I just think that eleven year olds should take the Dark Arts seriously, not think that they are merely philosophical points of view."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:56

Theresa thought for a moment, that did make sence. "I guess your right, dark arts is obviously serious stuff and very powerful, kind of equal to the rest of magic" she said. She thought for a moment "it would be good to know dark magic, what better way then to prepare for it then to know it yourself" she said, mostly to herself as she thought.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:00

He nods. "Yes, it makes it easier if you know it. When you work with the Dark Arts yourself, you get to feel the addictive pull it has. You come to respect and fear it appropriately. I can't imagine how someone from Hogwarts managed to deal with it if they are only exposed to it once they are released into the outside world without any real preparation." His shoulders rose and fell. "The old Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers lessons did not seem very... Dark Arts oriented at all. I hope Professor Ellis does better."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:05

"Yea, I suppose, the best way of knowing what is out there is seeing it first hand" Theresa agreed. She thought about the Defence Against the Dark Arts lessons and didnt actually recall anything to do with the dark arts. "All we actually did was throw muggle balls at each other or use muggle defence, maybe the lessons will be more towards dark arts when we are older" she said thoughtfully.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:07

Dimitri chuckled softly. "Balls? My father used to do that with me. Duel training. In a duel, you are not supposed to run around, but spinning to get away from a ball not only dodges you, but the spin is part of Disapparating, and all the best duelists Disapparate often in a duel. Why would it be in a Defense against the Dark Arts class though? It is useful against any magic."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:14

"Yea, they are called dodge balls and we spent a lesson just throwing them at each other and trying to use a shielding spell" Theresa said, grinning a little as she remembered it. "It was kind of fun but unless a dark wizard has a fondness for muggle balls, I doubt very useful" she said.

"Spinning? just the word makes me dizy" she said as she thought about spinning to dodge.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:24

He laughs softly, and nods. "Yeah, it can be pretty bad until you get used to it. But, my dad was determined to train me up, make me a duelist, like he was." He smiles faintly at the memories. "They still have a shield dedicated to him up at Durmstrang. The greatest duelist to graduate there." He leaned back a little. "But I doubt I will ever be that good."

Last edited by Dimitri Krum on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Word Count.)

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:29

Lauren shook her head. She had been very quite for a time, but she had been paying attention.

"I don't think so. I have been watching your duel with Professor Mitchell, and you are very impressive. I don't think I could duel half as good. And she's very scary! Especially since she can use any spell against you! If she told me that, I would have ran from the dueling club so fast!

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:31

"Wow, he must have been really good, you must be proud of him" Theresa said. She looked at Lauren and laughed "of course you would run, I would run too, she is not just scary, she is like... super scary, especially when she catches you breaking rules" she said, shuddering at the thought.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:34

He nodded slowly. "Yeah, I am really proud of him." He knew that, packed away in their house in London somewhere, was his fathers Order of Merlin. Maybe next year he could get it framed and bring it to Hogwarts.

"Duelling an adult can be daunting, so you need ot think. For example, she said she can use any spell she wants against me, but since I am only a kid, she has to hold back to not hurt me. I can use that to my advantage."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 15:55