Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halloween Feast

Halloween Feast - Page 2 Empty Re: Halloween Feast

Post by Guest Tue 05 Oct 2010, 13:20

Holly entered the Great Hall that was decorated to the max with Halloween stuff, and spotted Nessa and Xaldin at the Hufflepuff table. Walking over silently to the table, she snuck up behind them with a big grin plastered on her face.

"Peak-a-boo!" She said as she wrapped an arm around both of them. Noticing that Xaldin was a bit down, she asked,

"Hey Xaldin, you alright? And, do you two mind if I eat with you?"

Taking her arms from around them, she waited for their response.

Post by Guest Tue 05 Oct 2010, 19:02

Xaldin smiled at the girls "No I am fine, I have been through the whole depressive phase it didn't help him at all.

Xaldin knew he could do better. "So what have you been up to you guys it seems like decades since we last seen each other. Xaldin had some catching up he needed to do.

Post by Guest Tue 05 Oct 2010, 21:51

"I'm all for you two going as professors, just don't use Polyjuice potion because it's too dangerous to get caught and you will get caught. The second everybody'll look at you and then see professor Green and professor Malfoy, they'll figure out what you did and it won't be pretty." Mary said, trying to persuade Skyler against brewing the Potion. She really liked the first year and would hate to see her get in trouble.

"And don't worry, you two'll straighten things out in no time, believe me." she added gently to the remark about Skyler's best friend.

Post by Guest Wed 06 Oct 2010, 02:33

"Yes mother." Skyler replied, giving Mary a cheeky grin to go with it. Skyler wasn't at all angry with what Mary was saying. The getting in trouble factor had been in her mind since day one anyhow. And Skyler may not look it, she normally seemed so full of confidence and independence, but she did like to get approval from those she looked up to. Which was why she didn't really bother with hiding her escapades from the older Slytherins. She knew they would keep her in line, and tell her if she shouldn't try something. Skyler relied on them for it, because she knew she could trust them to tell her what they honestly thought. Skyler then grinned excitedly over at Mary, ignoring the comment regarding Xaldin. She knew they would fix it, but Skyler was too excited with Halloween and the feast to want to sort it out at that moment. She glanced around the hall, rubbing her hands together in anticipation. "So. You see anyone eat any candy corn yet?" She side glanced at Mary, full blown grin on her face.

Post by Guest Wed 06 Oct 2010, 02:40

Seeing that Anna hadn’t say anything, and no one was looking strangely at her, Naty knew nothing had happened yet.

But when she looked at the Slytherin table, she saw Skyler grinning madly again after a conversation with Mary, so she made a rush decision; she stood up and confidently walked to the Slytherin table.

She had never done anything of the likes, but there was always a first time for everything and all the slytherins she knew were really cool; so she sat down sideways next to Skyler “so which ones are the ones with the prank spell?” she asked going straight to the point, knowing that the slytherin girl wouldn’t let an opportunity like this pass.

Then she leaned a little bit towards the table so she could see Mary and greeted her “Hi Mary!”

Post by Guest Wed 06 Oct 2010, 02:55

Skyler turned to the newcomer to find Naty, and smirked her trademark smirk. "I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about. " Skyler replied cheekily. Skyler knew none of them would believe her, and that was ok. It would be fun watching them eye all the sweets, trying to determine which were safe and which weren't. Skyler glanced up at the head table to see which professors were there. And then she saw the candy corn bowls that were also on the head table. Skyler visibly gulped, but other than that, kept her appearance the same, smirk still in place. 'Now that's a detail I hadn't factored into the plan.' She thought to herself. Then she turned back to Naty. "So. Enjoying the festivities?" Skyler asked her, knowing it was pointless because Naty probably wouldn't leave until she knew what Skyler was up to. Gryffindors were funny like that.

Post by Guest Wed 06 Oct 2010, 03:07

Mary rolled her eyes at the "mum" remark, but grinend anyways. She saw that Skyler didn't mind much when she told her not to do he whole Polyjuice Potion stuff.

Before she could answer the question about corn candy, Naty approached them. The Slytherin grinned widely and shook her head. Leave it to Sky to charm the candy at the Feast.
    "Haven't really been looking." she finaly told her house mate and then she waved back at the Gryffindor.

"Hi, Naty! And I seriously don't know what you're talking about..." she faked innocence, because she was 103 precent sure Sky did something to the corns, especialy since the girl was eyeing the candy in question on the professor's table with fear.

Post by Guest Wed 06 Oct 2010, 03:25

Naty laughed at both Slytherins when they answered they didn’t know. She was pretty sure Skyler had done something to the candies, and she wasn’t leaving that table until she knew which ones.

And then, there was the ‘innocent’ face they both had, slytherins never made that innocent pout unless they knew something, and she was glad that Mary had it on her also, she was getting to know her and was pleased at this side of her.

She saw Skyler turning to look nervously to the teachers table and was reassured on her suspicion; she laughed even more and said “awww come on Syler!, don’t leave me like this, I think I deserve to know after having eat that pink-hair-turning cupcake you left outside of the common room!” and then tryied her best puppy eyes.

Post by Guest Wed 06 Oct 2010, 03:32

Skyler took a drink of her water, then stuck a spoon full of potatoes into her mouth. She thoughtfully chewed, hoping that Professor Malfoy atleast didn't eat candy corn. He was the only professor she had spoken to outside of classes, and with her fast growing reputation, she was sure he would put two and two together quicker than she could blink. And she was positive that he wouldn't appreciate being turned orange. But on the other hand, there would be no proff she had done it, even if it was likely she was suspected. Afterall, she hadn't been caught doing anything, and so she was happy in the fact that she was in the all clear. Happily munching on a piece of chicken now, Skyler swallowed and then grinned at Naty and Mary. Skyler snorted at Mary's attempt to be innocent and not know anything. "You're not a very good liar Mary." Skyler said with a smirk. "Besides, no matter what you say, Naty will think I'm up to something. She still thinks I'm responsible for her hair being pink for a day. Where she got that idea, I have no idea." Skyler said looking slightly confused, as if she honestly didn't know why the Gryffindor would think she would do such a thing, but the laughing purple eyes told a completely different story.

Post by Guest Fri 08 Oct 2010, 22:42

Alex was too busy stuffing up to notice what actually was going on. Now, that her appetite was slightly satiated, and there was still sometime for the deserts, she looked around, noticing the hall and its occupants carefully the first time tonight.

Seeing the relatively empty Hufflepuff able, and Naty and Skyler and Mary having a conversation, the girl quickly decided to crash into their convo. "Hey guys! And let me tell you, where she got the idea from, Sklyer? Shall I?" she asked innocently as she winked at the said girl.

Post by Guest Sat 09 Oct 2010, 01:28

Skyler's smirk turned into a full blown grin as she heard the voice of Alex. Skyler was grinning from ear to ear as she watched the Hufflepuff take a seat at the table and wink at Skyler. Skyler couldn't help the laugh that bubbled up out of her. "Oh sure. Blame the innocent one." Skyler said, though she knew no one in their right mind would think of her as innocent. "But I have a better idea. Let's tell the story of how Snitch turned pink, that's a good one." Skyler shot back, grinning like a loon, and eyes lit up in excitement and amusement. It really had been funny, and Skyler couldn't believe the Hufflepuff had taken one of those cupcakes after she had seen what it did to Naty. Skyler felt oddly liked by the second years now surrounding her. It was a change from the first years she was normally with, and Skyler could hardly believe that they liked her enough to go out of their way to talk to her. Skyler was happy and touched that the second years accepted her so, and didn't seem to mind the idea of another prank. Especially on Halloween. It's not like Skyler could be expected to pass up an opportunity like this. And she was sure that was the exact reason that had Naty and Alex at their table now. Thinking of her prank, her gaze excitedly roamed around the hall, but she didn't see any orange, green, or purple people, so figured no one had dug into the candy corn yet. "Fine, fine. If you're gonna be so nosy about then I'll tell you. It's the pumpkin pie." Skyler said quietly. She figured since no one had really moved to dessert yet, she could tell them that, and it would most likely get them to eat the other treats, including the candy corn.

Post by Guest Sat 09 Oct 2010, 01:32

"thank god I am allergic to pumpkins then!" Alex answered as she shrugged, grabbing an apple, even if it was the feast, Alex was going to take no chances. "And HEY! I got the muffin de-pinkifying, but it works only on humans. I had even told the dog to stay away, now I wonder why he did not!" she ended in a perfectly innocent tone. She knew full well that if she ever told Snitch to stay away from something, he would do the exact opposite. remembering the pink Snitch, Alex got a very satisfied and evil smile on her face, juuuuuust bordering on a smirk.

These 'issues' with Snitch reminded her of the cartoon, 'Kid v/ Kat'. Not that she had a problem with that!

Post by Guest Sat 09 Oct 2010, 01:44

Skyler grinned widely at that. "You know, I saw Dom walking Snitch the other day. He seemed to be behaving pretty well. Dom said something about him just needing some male attention. Or some such nonsense." She commented lazily, as she brought another spoonful of potatoes to her mouth, watching Alex scoop up an apple. Skyler swallowed the food in her mouth before speaking again. "And yea, I hate pumpkin anything, so it was an easy target." She said grinning, knowing Mary didn't like pumpkin either, and had probably already put two and two together after the candy corn question.

Post by Guest Sat 09 Oct 2010, 13:01

Shannon came into the Great Hall, not in her usual blue, but instead in a grey scoop neck sweater, a metallic skirt with a black bow on the side, with the sweater tucked into her skirt just above her navel. The black tights on her legs kept her warm and her ankle heel booties clicked on the stone floor as she looked for a place to sit down. Her hair was its usual curly self but down and had a big necklace with crystals all around it. Her earrins were black pearls and her eye make up was black.

She saw Skyler and ploped down next to her best friend with a smile on her clear glossed lips. "Happy Halloween!" She said brightly.

Post by Guest Sat 09 Oct 2010, 13:22

Naty was cracking with laughter at the ‘innocent’ faces her friends were trying to put, and the stories they were telling.

“No way you made your dog eat one of those muffins” she told Alex while laughing, that girl surely was something special.

She didn’t really believed Skyler when she told them the prank was in the pumpkin pie, Naty had learned to notice the sparkle in Skyler’s eyes whenever she was planning something, and it was definitely there when she told them about the prank.

So Naty made up her mind and decided not to eat anything that Skyler didn’t eat, which was, so far, mashed potatoes and water.

“so, are you guys going to participate in the costume contest?” she asked everyone.

Post by Guest Sat 09 Oct 2010, 20:30

Mary almost choked on her apple pie when Alex said Snitch turned pink. She loved that mischievous dog and pittied him for turning that horrid colour. But she couldn't help but laugh at the mental image she got.
    Finaly, she calmed, but was still smirking. She didn't believe a word Skyler said about pumpkin pies, why would she ask if anyone ate a candy corn if the prank was on pumpkins? Not that it was a bad idea, putting something into a pumpkin pie, most of the population here seemed to like that utterly disgusting dish.
    But she knew that was not where Skyler put something in. Still, she went along with it and eyed the pumpkin pies with fear.

"Well, thank Salazar I don't eat them..." the second year said and smiled at the Ravenclaw first year that came sit to their table.

Slytherin seems awfully popular Mary thought with a smirk. So much about discrimination about Slytherins being evil and nasty and whatnot.

On Naty's question of entering the costume contest, she rememebered what the first year has been telling her before. With a concerned look at Skyler, Mary nodded as a reply to the question.
    "Yes, but I'ms till not sure of what to go as...what about you?"

Post by Guest Sat 09 Oct 2010, 23:57

Naty saw the look Mary gave Skyler but couldn’t pinpoint exactly what it was in her look, something like concern, but she decided to let it go, hoping they both knew that she was available to anything if they needed her.

Going back to the subject in hand, Naty answered to Mary “me neither, none of my ideas are funny or scary enough to win anything, so I think I’ll just go as something I like”.

She grabbed a slice of pumpkin pie and started eating it, committed to demonstrate that what Skyler told them wasn’t exactly right, after eating a few spoonfuls, she asked “what ideas hav you had so far?”

Seeing that nothing had happened to her yet, Naty’s smile grew bigger and looked at Skyler triumphal.

Post by Guest Sun 10 Oct 2010, 01:12

"No I did NOT! I even told the dumb dog to not eat them, but its not like he would ever listen!' Alex answered in an indignant voice, which was fake to the very core. She knew if she said not to eat them, Snitch would do exactly the same.

"and as for Dom, well he better be careful, Snitch may seeeeeeeeeeem innocent and calm, but not for long. I know that dog better than anyone in the whole world!" she added, munching happily on the green apples. She had debated on tasting some of the candy corn, but she really did not like candy corn. Candy and corn, in her opinion, were two things never to be mixed.

"Heya! New Ravenclaw girl? Would you introduce yourself? And just so you know, whatever impression you get about when you meet my dog, its not true! And Naty, I am reaaaaaaaaally suckish at the whole ideas behind the costumes so no, I guess."

Like an afterthought, the Hufflepuff girl added, "By the way, the names Black. Alexandria Black! But everyone around here refers to me as either Alex, or in some very few cases, 'tornado girl'. Though I am still indecisive about the second name. Dunno why Nats refers to me like that."

Post by Guest Sun 10 Oct 2010, 01:26

Skyler grinned over at Shannon as the Ravenclaw plopped down next to her. "What's up Shann? I like your outfit by the way. Want some candy corn?" Skyler offered her friend some candy. Skyler shrugged as she scooted the bowl towards the Ravenclaw as she put some more potatoes in her mouth, then washed it down with water. Then she smirked at both Naty's question, and Mary's subsequent concerned glance. Skyler flashed Mary a warm smile before smirking at Naty. "Oh yea, I'm definitely entering the contest. And I have a great costume all picked out. Now I just need to work on the .. Erm... Execution. There's been a bit of change in plans in that direction." Skyler explained to her friends. She didn't want Mary to worry, and so the explanation was more for Mary then anyone else. Skyler watched in amusement when Naty started eating the pumpkin pie, and just rollled her eyes and grinned back at the smirk on the Gryffindor's face. "Well you didn't think I would tell you the truth did you?" Skyler laughed as she looked at Naty incredulously, and glancing at Shannon who grabbed some candy corn. When Shannon pulled her hand away from the bowl, Skyler passed it to Alex, who was eyeing it curiously. "Oh! My bad! Shannon this is Naty," Skyler indicated the Gryffindor, "Alex," she said pointing at Hufflepuff, and finally, "and this is Mary." Skyler said as she waved the spoon in her hand in Mary's direction, potatoes flying off of it and just barely missing the Slytherin. Skyler smiled sheepishly at her. "Heheh. Erm, sorry Mary, forgot I had that in my hand." She apologized, then turned to Alex. "That's what I told him, but Snitch seemed alright. I'm sure he was just waiting for the perfect time to give Dom the slip though. And the candy corn doesn't really taste like corn, I don't know why they named it that. But it's actually really good." Skyler turned back to her plate after smiling at Alex and bit into her chicken.

Post by Guest Sun 10 Oct 2010, 04:38

Shannon smiled and raised an eye brow at the Slytherin. "Thanks Skyler." She said happy someone liked her outfit. She changed her eyes from its usual russet to a metallic orange to match her skirt. She wasnt ashamed of her 'gift' anymore. It was quite fun to play around with all the possible combinations. She changed her long curly copper hair to a straight black bob and framed her high cheek bones and changed her tan olive skin tone to a pale, almost paper white. "Its a pleasure to meet everyone." She smiled brightly, her straight white teeth showing and she made her k-9s into fangs. "I'm Shannon Granger. Niece of Hermione Granger, Ronald and Ginny Weasly and Harry Potter." She said prouldly but not arrogantly. She really was a kind, sweet, genuine person.

Post by Guest Sun 10 Oct 2010, 16:02

Alex raised a suspicious eyebrow towards Skyler, and instead opted to go with some of the chocolate cakes. Seeing the Raven girl change her appearance, Alex stopped eating for a while. which, as everyone knows, is the highest sign of surprise.

"Like Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude! How do you do that! And thats cool, you know, the fact about you being the niece and everything. But isn't your name Granger, and Hermione's name changed to Weasley after her marriage to Ron, so you must be related to the Weasley family tree by Hermione's side. Meaning, that you can only be the niece of Ron. How can you be of the Potters too?" she asked curiously as she started on the cake savagely. Suddenly, she stopped short as she realized she had almost called the girl a liar. Her tongue slipping out for a moment to lick the chocolate scream near her lip, she added, "Like, no offence!" lamely, knowing that the girl could, and probably would, take offence.

Post by Guest Mon 11 Oct 2010, 01:09

Shannon smiled at Alex's wonder and excitment. Well, I am a Metamorphmagus, like Tonks and Teddy." She said. "Unfortunatlly I am also I can talk to snakes. My father was Fred Weasley and my mother is unknown. I was adopted by muggles after my birth." She stoped and wispered. "My adopted family was murdered. I then came to live at the burrow with my real Aunts, Uncles, cousins, and Grandparents." She said.

Post by Guest Mon 11 Oct 2010, 01:19

Alex nodded her head to tell the girl that she understood, but there was still something nagging in her mind that just would not rest. The girl introduced herself a a Granger, but her father was Fred Wealsey, so obviously Granger should be related to her mother, then how is her mother still unknown. Also, Fred Weasley died like over some forty years ago, if I remember correctly.

So, deliberating for a few minutes, the girl finally decided to voice her doubts, "You can trace your mother using the name Granger? And like, you do know which year is this going on right?"

Even she did not know why she was getting so hyped up about such a small thing, maybe it was because she knew the way the girl felt, at least, till the adopted part. Her parents are perfectly fine, thank you!

Post by Guest Mon 11 Oct 2010, 03:36

Shannon nodded. "No one told me anything more than that Fred Weasley was my father and my mother is unknown. I took Aunt Hermiones last name becasue I am just like her. There are already too many Weasleys in the family. And yes I do know which year is going on." Shannon was offended. The tone Alex used made her feel stupid. Its not her fault. No one knows exactly what was going on. Shannon didnt know how it happened that Fred Weasley was her father, and frankly, she didnt care. Atleast she had a family. That was all that mattered to her. Her eyes turned a merderous black and she half glared at the hufflepuff for making her feel like an idiot.

Post by Guest Mon 11 Oct 2010, 04:55

Skyler knew her best friend well enough to know that wasn't a good look. Skyler couldn't help distracting her friend by a cheeky comment. She knew the Ravenclaw would know what she was doing, and she also knew that Shannon would lose some steam and direct a completely ridiculous and funny witty retort. Skyler smirked mentally in anticipation. On the outside, she grinned happily. "Hey Shann! That was a pretty good glare. Alot less pathetic than normal." Skyler commented casually, as she bit into her chicken nonchalantly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 05:56