Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Birthday, Alice!

Happy Birthday, Alice! - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Alice!

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 04:37

Alice slipped up behind Harmony, and waved to the newcomer, "Hello Reina, nice to see you took a break from studying to come down. Come in and enjoy yourself. Free Willy already said we have enough candy to last us a month or more." She smiled kindly making room for Reina to come in.

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 04:38

"OI!" Will said loudly at Harmy's remark. "It's a sign of good faith! Besides you'd know what was in it because the Ice Mice keeps squeaking."

Low and behold, his present started shaking a bit on it's own. He looked at it and then at them, his point now firmly across.

"Hey Rei," Will smiled. He looked at her wrapped hand guiltily. "How's your hand?"

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 04:41

Dixie smiled at Reina, and said "Hullo, make sure you don't tell Alice what your present is, like Mr. Willy Wonka over there did."
    Enjoying the teasing of Will, she sat down on a random stool, and pushed her glasses up her nose, wondering if they were just going to sit there or do something, like play hide and seek or something.

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 04:42

Reina smiled and walked in. "Thanks." She said softly. She shyly took a piece of candy and slowly unwrapped it. "So what did Will do? He told Alice what he got her before she opened it?" She asked, slipping the piece of Honeyduke's candy into her mouth. She glanced at her hand, and then to Will. "It's fine." She was glad she remembered to wrap it back up. She slid her hand back to her side, keeping her palm down.

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 04:47

"I brought some games from home," Harmony said suddenly, heading to the back of the room. "They are some Muggle games that Mozart had wanted my parents to buy. They were given to me after...well, anyway, I've got a few board games, and also some activity games."

Harmony looked over at Alice. "Birthday girl can pick first."

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 04:50

Alice glanced between Reina and Will mildly curious if something had happened before she shrugged thinking it best not to dwell in others matters. "Well in Will's family, you are supposed to tell the birthday person what their present is before they open it, and so he already told us what was inside his large moving squeaking present." She gestured over to the present table. "And do you have the muggle game where everyone sticks a card on their forehead and guesses what they are?"

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 04:53

Harmony looked over in Alice in confusion. "We have playing cards I think, but if you want to play that game, you'll have to explain it to all of us." Harmony said.

Of course. Leave it up to her quirky soul sister to think of a game that nobody would know how to play. She shook her head, grinning to herself. Ah Alice...there was no one like her.

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 04:58

Dixie smiled, and raised her hand like a little kid in class, dying to say the answer but not yet called on.
    "I know, I know how to play!"
    She had played this with her brother, but they made it impossible. She would pick something like a liger, and he would pick haberdashery as his choice.

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 05:00

Harmony looked over at Dixie, laughing slightly. "You don't need to raise your hand, Dixie," she said, grinning. "I'm curious to know how this game goes, so have at it then. How do you play?"

She peered through the bag of games again.

Twister? She thought, wondering what kind of things you would be doing for that game. Mozart was a weird one. A loving boy, but he was weird.

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 05:02

Reina snickered. "Yeah, that's because you don't want the recipient to just haphazardly reach into the box if their present has something in it related to the Dark Arts, like poison candles or a fire crab." She glanced at Harmony. "It's really easy to play, and it's fun."

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 05:04

Last edited by Dixie Evans on Thu 29 Jul 2010, 05:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double post)

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 05:04

Peeping into Harmonys bag, she saw the game Twister. At her house back in FL, her brother had always tried to get her to play, but she never did, since she had that peculiar fear of hers. If someone else suggested it, she decided, she might just play-for therapeutic reasons. "Well, I haven't played in ages, and by ages, I mean five years. Ask Alice."
    She grinned. Ask Alice sounded like a newspaper column or something.

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 05:05

Will shifted uncomfortably. During his stay at Hogwarts, he discovered that a lot of games were muggle-related...something he was unfamiliar with.

"Is it muggle-based?" He wondered aloud. "Because I'm not familiar with any muggle games." He then thought if the cards were Exploding Snap cards. His eyebrows raised up in horror at the thought.

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 05:14

Harmony looked over at Will. "The only Muggle games I know are the ones in this bag since these were Mozart's. Reina and Alice, as well as Dixie will have to explain the game to us." She said, grimacing slightly.

She hated not knowing things. She would have to go to the library and--She smacked her forehead. She forgot her book on Dragons, along with the fairy book Alice wanted. That's what she couldn't remember.

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 05:17

"Well there are some spin-offs and you can actually make your own cards as well, I have a deck currently that my father made once that applies more to the wizard world. But the rules of the game is you take a card and stick it to your forhead using these velcro bands", she held up enough for everyone plus extra. "Note you have to do this without looking, so when you have the card facing outward correctly with your word you are supposed to ask a question about what you are. The people around you either say yes or no, you're basically supposed to guess what you are before the other people. Each round each person is only allowed to ask one question though. Understand?"

(-a/n- We're picking your cards but you guys have to pick one for me so it can be more fun and its going to be animals/hogwarts history people themed)

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 05:35

Harmony nodded as everyone knew what cards the others had.

"Everyone know what every person has?" She asked. "Besides themselves of course."

She wondered what her card was. No doubt Alice would pick something insanely funny for hers. She rolled her eyes. Sometimes, she knew her soul sister a little too well.

"Who's going first then?" She questioned, looking over at everybody.

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 05:39

Dixie looked around, and sighed. "I'll go first."
    She thought for a moment, and tried to think of a good question. Hmm.... Well, it might help to know the gender, first of all. "Right, so is my person a dude or a dudette?" she asked, smiling, and she waited for someone to answer her question.

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 05:44

"No it is neither." Alice smiled chuckling to herself she wondered what Harmony had chosen for her card. "Alright I will go next then. Am I a type of animal?" Alice hoped that Harmzy had not chosen what she think she had chosen. But then again she would not know until the very end.

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 05:46

Harmony shook her head, grinning at Alice.

"You are not a type of animal," Harmony said, laughing slightly. "Alright I guess I'll go next then. Uhm...male or female for mine?"

She wondered if she had gotten an animal or a person. Well, no time like the present to find out.

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 05:53

Dixie chuckled, and looked up, vainly trying to figure out what her card was. Sighing, she turned to Harmony and said "You, Miz Harmy, are....." she took a deep breath for a dramatic pause. "A dude."
    Laughing, she looked at Will and said "Your go, Will."

She really wanted to rip off her card and look at it, but resisted.

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 05:59

Will folded his arms, feeling the card stuck on his head. He wondered what to ask. The game was pretty peculiar to play, but considering it's a guessing game, it'd be interesting to try and find out which card he had.

"Let's see...," Will's eyebrows furrowed as he began to think. "Am I old or young?"

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 06:08

"You Will, are very much old", Alice chuckled at Will's card it was quite true that his card was old. She wondered how long it might take for Will to guess what his card was, he was a Ravenclaw but she thought it might take him a little while to guess it. "Your turn Reina."

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 06:10

"Old." Reina answered same time as Alice. She giggled. Everyone had pretty good cards. She wondered what hers could possibly be. She thought for a moment, considering what everyone else had. "Am I good or evil?" She finally asked.

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 06:23

Dixie listened Reina, and since no one else spoke up, she said "Well, your 'card' is definitely good."
    It was her turn, and she thought carefully about her object. It wasn't a boy or girl then? Deciding upon a question, she asked carefully "Is my object particaularly famous?"

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jul 2010, 06:25

Harmony grinned. This was fun. She had always loved guessing games.

"You are good, Reina," Harmony answered, laughing. "Dixie, yours isn't really famous...Uhm...is mine good or evil?"

She decided to take a leaf out of Reina's book. She wondered what person she had...

Though this is fun, it sure is difficult to guess... She thought, crossing her arms

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 06:38