Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flying For Beginners

Flying For Beginners - Page 4 Empty Re: Flying For Beginners

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 02:13

Dixie nodded, and held out her arm. "Up!" Luckily for her, her brook rose up into her hand. Trying to remember exactly what Will had done in his demonstration, she carefully swung her leg over the handle, she made sure the 'sweeping' part was behind her, and was certain she was in the middle. Half convinced that the broom would fall onto the ground, she sat down, gripping the handle, and she didn't fall off. Happy that her turn had gone smoothly, she chirped "That wasn't so bad! Much better than my scenario of the broom bucking me off!"

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 04:08

Reina looked at Will. "Well Black, since you're already on your broom, I suppose it's my turn." She looped one leg over her broom and eased herself down upon the the middle of it. She balanced herself on the broom and crossed her arms, waiting to be allowed to kick off. She raised an eyebrow at the sound of the handle cricking under her weight. "Someone's broom is going to break. I'll bet five galleons on it."

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 04:16

Alexandra looked at Bri. "I guess I'll give it a try," she offered. She was a bit nervous about doing this in front of a class full of students, but she steadied her nerves. After all, she had been flying since she was younger. This was something she could do.

Stretching out her right hand, Alexandra called out commandingly, "Up!" And was very pleased when the broom soared right into her hands. Staggering slightly, she nonetheless kept her ground.

With practiced movements, Alexandra mounted her broom and waited.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 05:04

Alex was standing watching the others begining to prtise to flyshe hoped that Lauren would eventually tun up. She turned around and saw the girl coming toward her so she began walking in er directions. She smile at her "Lauren right?" she asked her.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 06:06

Harmony looked over at Raven. She held her broom gently within her grasp.

"Well, Rae-Rae?" She asked. "Will you be mounting your broom first or will I?"

She wondered if Raven was afraid of flying. She really couldn't see how anyone could be afraid of it. It was the best thing in the world! Then again, she did grow up with it nearly all her life. It was the one thing that Mozart did quite well, even if he didn't have any magic.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 09:26

Lauren smiled as the girl named Alex walked towards her. "Hey! Yeah! So sorry I'm late. I lost track of time." Lauren looked around at some of the other students, some of which were already flying, or at least trying to. Lauren pointed to the pile of broomsticks that were lying next to Professor Lewis. "Let's get a broom, hey." Lauren said, to the girl and walked over to the pile, picking up on of the brooms on top.

Lauren had learnt to fly from her father, but she was at no means a confident flyer. Her mother had always been terrified of heights and some of her trepidation had rubbed of onto Lauren. Because of this, her father never really let her fly too far from the ground.

Lauren was scared, but excited to learn as she watched Will Black show the class how to mount a broom properly.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 11:36

Jasmeet looked at Hilary, with a nervous smile. She was excited but didn't know how this would go. Hoping for the best, she gave Hilary her brave Gryffindor smile and said, "Yeah, I'll go first."

She mounted the broom, being careful that she did what Will had said. She placed herself in the middle of the broom, and looked towards Professor Lewis, waiting for her to give the heads up so she was finally allowed to kick off.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 17:28

Harmony Lupin wrote:Harmony looked over at Raven. She held her broom gently within her grasp.

"Well, Rae-Rae?" She asked. "Will you be mounting your broom first or will I?"

She wondered if Raven was afraid of flying. She really couldn't see how anyone could be afraid of it. It was the best thing in the world! Then again, she did grow up with it nearly all her life. It was the one thing that Mozart did quite well, even if he didn't have any magic.

Raven looked at Harmony and gestured for her to go first. "Ladies first," he smiled sweetly, stepping back.
    She looked really eager, something he wasn't.He didn't know if he should have signed up for this. It had looked fun, but he wasn't sure if flying was quite for him.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 19:21

Cat took her partner's silence for affirmation and mounted the broom the way that the Prof. and Will had. "Wow." she muttered under her breath. It was a little uncomfortable, but so had cycling at first. She grinned at Yuki before hopping of and holding out the broom. "Your turn." She chirruped.

Post by Guest Sun 01 Aug 2010, 06:14

Harmony looked over at Raven with a raised eyebrow, holding her broom gently within her grasp.

"For some reason," she muttered. "I don't think you rather look forward to getting on the broom."

She shrugged, righting her broom and throwing her leg over it as she had been taught by her parents when she was little. Looking over at Rae-Rae, she smiled.

"It's easy. Now, your turn." She said, gripping the handle gently within her grasp.

Post by Guest Sun 01 Aug 2010, 11:32

Rebecca smiled at Dixie. She made it look easy. Rebecca still saw in her minds eye the broom bucking her off or even taking off on its own with her still on it. It could end very messy. Rebecca tried to clear her mind of those thoughts though. It was all how she saw it. That is what her Aunt told her. If she didn't see herself falling of then she wouldn't.

Rebecca waited for Dixie to get off the broom and then she tried her hand at it. She made sure that she was going to get on the middle of it and that the handle was in front of her. She threw her leg over and sat down. The only thing the broom did was sort of give a shake like it was getting used to her. She turned to Dixie.

"Did I do it right?"

Post by Guest Sun 01 Aug 2010, 22:29

Professor Lewis had been clear in what they had to do and despite her newfound confidence, Samantha was still slightly nervous. She had completely forgotten about her own partner as she’d learned how to make the broom obey her and she now turned to see that Nessa had vanished. Just her luck, Raven too had gone to join some other girl from Ravenclaw.

Letting go of the broom, she watched it settle itself a few feet above the ground beside her, waiting fro the girl to mount it.

Samantha had never mounted a broom before so she wasn’t entirely sure how to do it. Looking around showed that students were swinging one leg on each side. She felt a feeling of discomfort crawling at the back of her neck.

Lifting her right leg cautiously, she stepped on the other side of the broom, feeling horribly unbalanced and awkward. There was no way she was going to be able to fly in this position. .

Post by Guest Sun 01 Aug 2010, 22:33

Jasmeet was still on her broom, waiting for Professor Lewis to allow them to fly. Just then she saw Samantha standing alone. She got off the broom and walked over to Hilary.

"Hey, I'll be right back," she said to her before walking towards the lonely Samantha.

"Hey Sam. You want any help?" she asked the girl.

Post by Guest Sun 01 Aug 2010, 23:18

The Slytherin looked up at a voice interrupting her frenzied thoughts. It was Jasmeet Kour and she was offering help.

“I… uh, I just… I’ve never ridden a broom before,” the girl admitted quietly, head bowed and long inky hair falling around her face. The girl must think her a rubbish pureblood, not knowing how to ride.

Post by Guest Sun 01 Aug 2010, 23:32

Jasmeet smiled at the Slytherin, as she looked down - perhaps ashamed.

"Hey, don't worry about it Sam. I'm learning to fly for the first time aswell. Have you done the basics yet?" she asked, offering the girl help.

Jasmeet placed the broom she was holding down on the ground; waiting for Sam to tell her what she really needed help with – the basics or the flying part.

[OC: Sorry Sam, I got to go and sleep, its 12:38 am and I have school tomorrow. Well most importantly a test]

Post by Guest Mon 02 Aug 2010, 00:06

“I... I know how to make it come to me, it’s just this position. I… am not really comfortable sitting like this and I doubt I’ll be bale to get off the ground,” the dark haired girl explained to the Gryffindor. Her cheeks reddened at the admission and her eyes were glued to the broom handle.

Post by Guest Mon 02 Aug 2010, 08:06

Vanessa looked around at everyone. She had just arrived to the class on time. She had missed a couple of days due to a very bad cold, and had henceforth missed several lessons.
    She became more and more nervous as she saw some people already knew somewhat about flying. Why had she signed up for this class?
    She looked around for her partner until she found Samantha amongst everyone else.
    "Sam! Hey, sorry I haven't been here lately. I was ill...Have I missed anything?"

Post by Guest Mon 02 Aug 2010, 12:03

Just as she was about to help Sam, Jasmeet heard a voice and turned around to see the puffing Vanessa.

"Hey Nessa. How are you? I saw Sam alone so I thought I'd come over and help," she said grinning.

"Anyway, you two carry on and I'll just go back to Hilary," she picked up her broom, before waving at them and joining Hilary once more.

Post by Guest Mon 02 Aug 2010, 15:46

Ah, so Nessa had gotten sick. That would explain it.

“We’ve…. We have to make the broom come into our hands by saying “Up” and now we have to mount it,” she gestured to her own awkward and unstable stance. “I don’t think I’m cut out for flying really, not in this position,” she blushed.

Post by Guest Tue 03 Aug 2010, 03:16

Vanessa looked at a broom out in front of where she stood, and back at Sam with a grim expression on her face. "I feel your pain, my friend. I doubt mine will even come up. It probably knows I'm not keen of flying. ...I prefer to have my feet safely planted on the ground"
    Nonetheless, she still put her arm out over the broom and said "Up!" with as much authority as she could muster. The broom twitched, but other wise did nothing.
    Smiling wryly, Vanessa turns back to Sam and said, "At least your broom came to you..."

Post by Guest Tue 03 Aug 2010, 12:12

Jennifer walked over to where Professor Lewis had pointed. She took a deep breath and walked over to one of the girls. "Are you Alexandria?" she asked. She picked up a broom as she waited for the girl to reply. She made a face. It wasn't anything like the broom she had at home or the ones she used at Lupin Manor.

Post by Guest Tue 03 Aug 2010, 18:04

Vanessa Lopez wrote:Vanessa looked at a broom out in front of where she stood, and back at Sam with a grim expression on her face. "I feel your pain, my friend. I doubt mine will even come up. It probably knows I'm not keen of flying. ...I prefer to have my feet safely planted on the ground"
    Nonetheless, she still put her arm out over the broom and said "Up!" with as much authority as she could muster. The broom twitched, but other wise did nothing.
    Smiling wryly, Vanessa turns back to Sam and said, "At least your broom came to you..."

"It didn't at first," the girl admitted. Raven helped me," she continued gesturing to the boy. "He made me get angry at it and make it behave and it worked."

Looking at Nessa, she had an idea. “Why don’t you try the same thing? Just be very firm with it and make it listen to you. Raven said he treated the broom like his Crup so if you have a pet, you can use the tone you use when you want to make it behave.”

Post by Guest Tue 03 Aug 2010, 18:26

Harmony Lupin wrote:Harmony looked over at Raven with a raised eyebrow, holding her broom gently within her grasp.

"For some reason," she muttered. "I don't think you rather look forward to getting on the broom."

She shrugged, righting her broom and throwing her leg over it as she had been taught by her parents when she was little. Looking over at Rae-Rae, she smiled.

"It's easy. Now, your turn." She said, gripping the handle gently within her grasp.

Raven grimaced and sighed as he looked at how Harmy was holding her broom. He slung a leg over and looked again at how his friend was holding her broom. He felt his face heat up in embarrassment.
    "I told you on the train, remember? I've never been on a broom in my life."

Post by Guest Wed 04 Aug 2010, 12:50

Samantha Quill Wrote:
    "It didn't at first," the girl admitted. Raven helped me," she continued gesturing to the boy. "He made me get angry at it and make it behave and it worked."

Looking at Nessa, she had an idea. “Why don’t you try the same thing? Just be very firm with it and make it listen to you. Raven said he treated the broom like his Crup so if you have a pet, you can use the tone you use when you want to make it behave.”

Vanessa listened to Sam's words with an almost solemn expression.
    She was not very excited about the prospect of being up in the air with only a stick between herself and the ground.
    Becoming a human pancake was not high on her list of priorities, mind you.
    "I once had a Chihuahua. It was always barking, so I scolded it a lot...You reckon I talk to this broomstick like I did to Raul? Blimey, I thought it was odd enough to talk to animals...OKay, I'll try it."
    With a grimace, she turns back to broom and tries to speak to it in her most authorative tone.
    "Up!"
    She was rewarded with a broomstick soaring up, and missed her hands to almost hit her face.
    If it weren't the natural instinct she had to catch it, the broomstick would've slammed right into her face.
    "Great, I seem to have angered the thing...That makes me so much better..."

Post by Guest Wed 04 Aug 2010, 13:45

The Slytherin giggled despite her clear discomfort. “It will really want revenge now,” the girl teased before wincing on her own broom.

Getting an idea, she awkwardly got off.

“Nessa, would you mind holding it steady while I try something,” she requested politely, Gesturing for the other girl to hold on to the previously temperamental object.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content