Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interhouse Party

Interhouse Party - Page 2 Empty Re: Interhouse Party

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 12:46

Harmony set her cup down, grinning at the dancing dragon.

"An old Professor coming through," she said, striding over to the dance floor. "This old man can put down some moves too ya know."

She laughed and began dancing the same way Theresa was, happy she wasn't tripping over her robes for once. Though, the long beard was still mighty itchy.

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 12:50

Theresa grinned as she made sure her tail didn't hit anything. "What a sight Albus Dumbledore and a Dragon dancing" she joked. That was if you could even call what she was doing dancing, with her tail swinging and her legs going funny. Almost like how she usually danced anyway.

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 12:59

Shelby laughed and joined Resa and Harmony on the dance floor. Resa looked like she was going to trip over her tail any moment and Harmony looked like she was copying whatever Resa did.

She was determined to stay in her princess character as much as possible, so she took a spot a little way away from them and began to waltz with an invisible dance partner, even though it was far from being in time with the music.

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 13:04

Harmony stopped her odd old man dancing and looked over at Princess Shelby. She was way off beat and key for that matter, but it didn't look like she cared. Harmony grinned. The best way to get out and free is to not care. She wandered back over to her pop. Old man dancing did get tiring.

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 13:09

Theresa smiled at Shelby as she danced. She had only just realised how funny it was to have a dragon and a princess in the same room. She had only read a few muggle fairytales and they all included those two characters. She stopped and went over to the beanbag chairs and sat down once the song changed.

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 13:30

Shelby followed Resa to the beanbag chairs, they looked just like the ones in the HoA. She made a show of sitting down, fussing with her skirt and making sure that it draped elegantly around her legs, or as elegantly as it could when she was in a beanbag chair.

"I love costume parties," she grinned. "My parents have a huge Halloween party every year." Shelby was a little sad that she wouldn't be able to go to it for the next seven years, since she would be at school when it took place, but she hoped that the Hogwarts staff had something fun planned for them for Halloween.

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 13:36

Theresa snorted as she watched Shelby fuss over her dress. She leaned back on the beanbag chair and sighed as she listened to her. "My dad use to have halloween parties too" she said sadly, she oculd understand that Shelby was going to miss spending Halloween with her parents. She was going to miss it with her dad. "I am sure the Professors will have something planned, after all, Halloween is about us witches and wizards" she said, grinnning slightly.

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 14:05

Shelby shook her head and said, "No it's not. It's a muggle holiday stemming from All Hallows Eve. For them, it is supposed to be the one night that the spirits of the dead can return to Earth." Shelby considered herself to be an expert on Halloween, after all, it was her absolute favorite day of the year, save for her birthday.

"Of course, witches and wizards do play into it a bit," she said, remembering the many Muggle children she had seen trick-or-treating dressed in what Muggles considered to be costumes of witches and wizards. "You know, an awful lot of Muggles seem to think that witches have green skin and crooked noses with lots of moles and warts. I wonder why they all think that."

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 14:09

Theresa shrugged "no idea, I think it is biased though, I heard that when children dress up as wizards then they are supose to look all powerfull and evil or kind and all we get are children looking like old hags who ate something funny and are about to be sick" she said. "Also, I will forever see Halloween as a day for witches and wizards, no matter what you say" she said childishly as she grinned.

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 14:22

Shelby giggled. Theresa's assessment was spot on, and she knew it wasn't fair. Though, she could think of an exception to what Resa had said. When Shelby was younger, her Muggle grandparents had shown her a movie that featured a character called Glinda, who was a beautiful, very good witch, and the wizard in that movie was a bumbling old fool who couldn't even do real magic.

"Remind me to show you a movie called The Wizard of Oz sometime," she said to Resa.

The song changed and Shelby smiled; it was one of her favorites. She stood up, smoothed out her skirt, and held a gloved hand out towards Resa. "Would you care to dance, Mr. Shasta-the-Dragon?" she said dramatically.

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 14:27

Theresa shrugged about the movie, the last ine she showed her was funny so maybe this one would be as good.

She grinned at Shelby's question and stood up. "Yes I would Princess Shelby, just dont tread on my tail" she said in a deep voice as she bowed. She took Shelby's hand, trying not to laugh.

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 14:39

Shelby laughed and led Resa to the dance floor. Once there, she faced her friend and placed her right hand on Resa's shoulder. She grasped Resa's right hand firmly in her left, holding their arms straight out in front of them, and began to lead Resa in what few tango steps she knew, laughing the whole time. The tango was even less suited to this song than Shelby's solo waltz had been to the other song. "Why, Mr. Shasta-the-Dragon, you are a divine dancer!" she chuckled.

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 14:42

Theresa laughed as she tried to do the same steps as Shelby, it was harder when the song didnt match the steps at all. "As are you dear Princess" she said in a very deep voice, trying not to laugh as she said it. Despite the comment she said about her tail, she found herself nearly standing on it quite a lot which just made it more funny.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 03:57

Shelby twirled Resa around as part of their ridiculous tango and found that the tail of her friend's costume was coming at her. She had to jump over it to avoid being hit. "Okay, I think that's enough dancing for now, Mr. Shasta," she laughed, letting go of Resa's hand and heading over to the beanbag chairs again.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 04:03

Theresa nodded and bowed as low as she could "very well Princess and sorry about the tail, I must learn how to move it properly" she joked in a deep voice. She laughed as she walked over to the beanbags too, she needed to rest. It was all fun but she couldn't dance for long in the dragon costume without nearly killing someone or herself.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 04:11

"Do you think people would think I was crazy if I wore Princess-y dresses and a tiara every day?" Shelby asked, smoothing the skirt of her dress again with her opera-glove covered hands.

"Sometimes I wish everyone would dress like this everyday," she stated. Shelby loved fairytales, both Muggle and magical, and she would like nothing more than to actually live one, like Cinderella, but without the necessity of cleaning a dirty old house.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 04:15

Theresa thought for a moment "most likely but you can always wear it in the common room to the HoA, after all, you are the ruler of that house" she said cheerfully.
    She grinned as a thought crossed her mind "besides, I think Black would be jealous of the competition, everyone knows that he is the queen of Hogwarts" she joked, using the name she had heard everywhere the last few days.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 04:23

'Well, I couldn't find a costume so I might as well just show up normally if only for a while.' Indiana thought to himself, wearing his sleeveless leather trenchcoat over a dark blue medium-sleeved shirt, cargo trousers with multiple pockets on the sides, and black sneakers.

After reaching the seventh floor, the youth could hear sounds coming from the Room of Requirements. He slowly approached the door and turned the knob.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 04:28

"Ah, yes. Queen Will," Shelby giggled. "Wait, if he's the Queen of Hogwarts, and I'm the Princess of the HoA, does that mean that Will is my mum?" she asked seriously before bursting into laughter again. She imagined Will's head on her mum's body, scolding her about poking her brother with her mum's voice coming out of Will's mouth. She started laughing even harder, tears starting to fall out of the corners of her eyes.

She heard someone at the door but didn't know who it was, as they hadn't come in yet. "Come on in, we don't bite," she called to whoever was at the door, wiping away her tears of laughter.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 04:30

Theresa laughed "yes, he is your Mother" she joked. She looked up when she heard the door open and smiled "hi Indiana" she said, remembering him from DADA, with the dodge balls. She turned back to Shelby and put her dragon nose back on.
    "Speak for yourself Princess, who says I don't bite?" she asked jokingly as she pretended to claw at the air and rawr.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 04:31

"Hey guys!" said Alexandra as she bounded in, fully in costume. She was wearing a ninja outfit and even had the black band wrapped around her head. "What do you think?" she asked, showing off her outfit. She had gotten the idea from their latest DADA class.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 04:33

Theresa looked back over to the door and saw Alex come in. She smiled and lifted her fake nose up again so she could talk properly. "Hey Alex, nice ninja outfit" she said when she saw what she was wearing. "No match for a dragon and Princess team though" she joked.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 04:41

Indiana entered the room before surveying the surroundings along with seeing Shelby in her princess attire along with Theresa wearing a dragon costume, which seemed to remind him of the ferocity that she displayed during the dodge-ball battle.

"Hello, Shelby. Hello Theresa." Indiana greeted cheerfully. "I heard about a Queen of Hogwarts earlier before coming in. Care to tell me who earned that title?"

He then noticed another girl, whom Theresa just called Alex, in ninja attire before wondering on whether she was trying to be a kunoichi.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 04:44

Theresa grinned and laughed "well, it is Black... er, Will Black from Ravenclaw" she said, trying to keep her laughter under control.
    "It is for the matching tiara and earings he had to wear around school I only heard about it before but he was giving the title along with some septer that an older year conjured for him" she said before laughing harder.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 04:46

"Hey Indiana, hey Alex," Shelby grinned as her dormmate entered in a ninja costume, which she had actually suggested as a possible costume for Indiana but he'd turned down. It seemed that he hadn't been able to think of a suitable costume, though Shelby still thought that he should have come dressed as Will under punishment from Professor Williams.

She got out of her beanbag chair so that Indiana and Alex could get the full effect of her Princess outfit. "Oh, that would be Will," Shelby said in response to Indiana's question. "We have deduced that since he is a Queen and I am a Princess, that means that he must be my mum."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 21:56