Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dive

Dive Empty Dive

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 04:10

Theresa was glad that she could finaly look for any problems in the lake. It seemed like it took forever to get everything sorted. She sat down at the edge of the lake and took her shoes and socks off. She put her bag next to a tree and walked into the water.

Dive Empty Re: Dive

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 04:16

Alex had just recived Theresa owl so she rushed own to the lake. "Theresa" she shouted hoping the girl would wait for her she wasn't so keen to dive herself. As she readhed the edge of the lake she pulled off her socks and shoes she put her bag down next to them and following Theresa wadded into the lake.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 04:16

Shelby raced out to the lake to see Resa getting into the water. "I certainly hope that you weren't planning to start this without me," she said as she watched Resa get into the lake.

She dug through her bag for the parchment that contained the list of names of people who were supposed to be helping with the dive. "Did you send everyone an owl to let them know the dive is starting?"

She checked Resa and Alexandra Lovegood off, to mark that they were there and ready to dive.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 04:22

Theresa smiled "hey, of course I wouldn't begin on my own" she said. "You ready Alexandra?" she asked as she walked a little further into the water. She turned to Shelby and nodded "yeah, I sent everyone an owl" she said. "I cant wait to get started, this could help the animals so much" she said excitedly.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 04:27

Cass sprung out of the water, thinking graceful swan when really it was the gammy duckling jumping to the surface.
    "Right. Give me the loaddown," she said as she saw the look on Theresa's face. "and before you ask, yes I have been waiting for you to get this close so I could scare you," she grinned, trying to make the water come out of her nose.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 04:31

Theresa laughed "if you werent so funny then I would be bloody drowning you right now as we speak" she joked. "Most of the damage, as I see it, has been happening to the left of the lake, we will be starting the search there, what we are looking for are injure animals and things can possibly need fixing" she said.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 04:33

Shelby arrived not long after herself followed by cass. "yeah I'm ready" she replied to Theresa's earlier question. "hey cass" she greeted. "Most of the damage, as I see it, has been happening to the left of the lake, we will be starting the search there, what we are looking for are injure animals and things can possibly need fixing" Theresa said. "sound like a good place to start" Alex replied.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 04:40

Theresa nodded as she walked towards the left of the lake. She walked further in until she was swimming and waited for the others. She took a deep breath and dived under the water. She looked around and could just make out all the different animals in the lake. It was a lot quieter and calmer then it should be which hurt, the poor animals must have been worse off then she thought.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 04:53

Mary ran to the lake and saw that some people were already there, some of them swimming.
    "Hey, everyone!" she greeted and started stripping. She had her bathing suit on under her Hogwarts robes, so she was quickly done.
    Her heart beating fast, Mary stepped to the edge of the lake and started to prepare herself for the dive.
    "Ok. Jump. Jump. Jump, girl!" she muttered to herself. The water looked cold and it wasn't really warm outside.
    "It'll be better once you start swimming. Go on. Come on!"
    And she dived.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 04:55

Hilary headed down to the lake, having received Resa's owl regarding the dive she had been talking about for a while. When she arrived at the lake, she noticed a small crowd already there.

"Hey," she said to the group. She pulled off her shoes and socks, and laid them carefully next to her folded robes. "So, when we get in there, what exactly are we going to be looking for? Just observing, or trying to help?"

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 04:58

Theresa surfaced and shook her head, pushing her wet hair out of her face. "Hey Mary!" she said cheerfully when she heard the girl.

She turned to Hilary "hey, it would be great to check the left part of the lake, that seems to have taken the most damage" she said. "We are going to be on the search for any injured animals and if there is anything that needs to be fixed" she said before she ducked her head under the water again to get use to it.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 04:59

Alex watched the slytherin girl dive int the lake after Resa. And then another ravenclaw arrived Hilary she was sure. She took a deep breath and stepped up to the lake. The water was dark and looked freezing she was already shiving and that was just from standing outside in a bathing suit. You can do it Alex just jump she told herself. She tied her hair back and Jumped into the lake. She was right it was frezzing so she started to swim in small circles to heat her self up.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 05:04

Hilary nodded at Resa's words, and began to wade into the water. It was so cold! She couldn't believe how much colder the water had gotten since the last time she had been swimming in the lake.

She quickly dove into the water, feeling the sting of the cold on her skin. She swam over to the area of the lake that had been indicated, wondering what she might find down there.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 05:05

With a gasp, Mary resurfaced. The water was absolutely freezing and so the girl started swimming right away. She smiled at everybody there, it seemed only Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs were there. Well, she was a Slytherin, but she was the only one. She didn't mind it much, she liked making friends with people in other Houses.
    "So, left part of the lake?" she asked to reassure herself.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 05:13

Theresa swam further down into the water and looked around for any signs of any animals, injured or not. She looked behind her and saw the other girls diving to. She nodded when she resurficed and heard Mary "yea' I saw some smoke from there which is terrible" she said before taking a deep breath. better start now she thought as she swam to where she had seen animals earlier when she was sorting everything out.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 05:16

Shelby checked off each person as they arrived before grabbing her bag and Theresa's from their spot by a tree and set them by the water's edge to mark off the area where Indiana had been attacked by Hannibal (the evil octopus in the lake). A lot of the participants were already in the water, but she shouted to them from her spot on the shore. "Make sure that you don't go anywhere between these bags," she warned. "I don't want to have to take anyone to the Hospital Wing because they got attacked by the octopus!"

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 05:20

Mary furrowed her brow when she heard Theresa say she saw smoke there earlier. What were people thinking?
    She took a deep breath and tried to force her body it wouldn't be shaking from cold.
    Following the Hufflepuff, she swam to the left part of the lake and then dived in once again. Opening her eyes, Mary saw Theresa and followed her. She only hoped she won't drown down there. Or be attacked by the octupus. She heard the Ravenclaw just before she dived and she resurfaced right away. Checking where the bags were, Mary first swam away from them and then dived.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 05:20

Hilary dove down, scanning the bottom of the lake for any signs of... anything, really. So far, she hadn't found much. Just some dirt, some plants and some fish swimming around, down near the bottom. She briefly wondered if having all these people in the lake was scaring all the fish away.

Diving down again, she noticed something strange looking in the distance. She quickly swam towards, curious to see what it might be.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 05:30

Theresa smiled when she saw some Plimplys at the bottom of the lake, just swimming above the floor, they were so cute. She looked at the others and noticed that Hilary must have seen something. She looked back at the Plimpys and decided to get closer to them while she searched.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 05:32

Alex was woarmer now and followed the others to the left side of the lake. Eventually she reached the others and dived beneth the surface. She scanned the bottom of the lake she saw no sign of life. She did a three hndred and sixty degree turn beneth the surface looking for something. Anything. She needed air so she swam back to the surface before swimming further to the let and diveing down again.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 05:37

Shelby kept an eye from her spot on the shore, making sure that everyone who had entered the lake periodically came up for air. If someone didn't come back up for air, she knew that she would have to send the others to find that person immediately and go get a teacher.

She hoped that Resa had told them to come to her if they found anything so that she could mark it down for further investigation.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 05:41

As she was swimming, Mary felt warmer and she wanted to stay down in the lake, but she desperately needed air. Swimming fast to the surface, she took a deep breath and went down there again.
    Keeping her eyes open, she saw some fish swimming by and then as she looked on the dirt under her, Mary saw some weird looking creatures that resembled fish, but had legs. Well, one of the tree she saw, had only one leg and the black haired witch was sure something was wrong with it.
    She resurfaced and, looking around if anybody was in her hearing range, she cried out.
    "Anybody? There are some weird looking fish with legs down there and one of them has only one leg!" She hoped that was usual for those creatures because she didn't want them to be hurt.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 05:43

Theresa swam back to the surface "I found some plimpys, there were ten and they seem fine" she called to Shelby. She quickly turned when she heard Mary "ok, where are they?" she asked as she swam over to her. She had missed what the girl had seen and was glad that Mary had spotted it, the poor fish.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 05:45

"I'll mark it down," Shelby shouted back to Mary. "Go ahead and keep looking for anything else that looks unusual!"

She took note of where Mary had appeared in the water and scribbled down a quick description of what the girls had seen. 'Fish with legs, looks unusual,' she thought as she scribed the words.

She nodded to Resa and took note that the Plimpies seemed to be unaffected by recent events in the lake.

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 05:48

Mary wondered what plimpies were, the things Theresa was talking about, but now wasn't the time to ask stupid questions.
    "Down here." she told the Hufflepuff and dived again. Swimming down to the place she saw those creatures, her heart raced.
    Seeing them, she noticed they were more sphirical than usual fish and it was far more mottled than, say, trout.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 03:10