Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfigurations Help

Transfigurations Help - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfigurations Help

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 18:21

Lauren grinned at the girl. "That would be awesome! I can sort of do the observation concept, but the wand movements as well as the mind concentration sort of explodes my brain!" Lauren then stopped and glared at Resa. "No tiny brain, comment there, Resa!" Lauren said, waving her finger at the girl.

"I would really appriciate the help."

(OOC: I added you as a friend, Alex! I don't know if you noticed that!)

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 18:25

"That would actually make it simpler, instead of picturing and thinking of it being something completely different, you think of it as something that is still very similar to the first thing" Theresa said, wondering how that actually makes sence.

She turned to Lauren and grinned "oh come on, they are funny" she said, pouting.

(A/N I like, so forgot we could do the friends lists on here, I am such a ditz, I am going to add you too)

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 18:31

"It is! Loads easier! Most of the time, I just have to imagine the same object, in a bigger or smaller form. Works great because, frankly, my imagination sucks real bad." Alex said, nodding her head emphatically.

"I get how you feel Lauren, I have that thing in like sooo many subjects. But it is worse still when we start the logic behind Transfiguration. I mean come on, Its Magic!"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 18:41

Lauren nodded. "I feel the same. It makes it even harder when there are so many students that are so intelligent. I feel so stupid when I open my mouth, because I feel as though I don't know as much as everyone else. Students like Samantha Quill. She is so intelligent. It's intimidating, but I try my hardest. I really just hope the teachers let us go into second year!"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 18:44

"I know! Like, some of the students have perfected spells like Aguamenti! And a gazillion others! Ones that I cannot even pronounce! And Samantha may read a lot and seem like a know-it-all, but she is very nice and shy when you get to know her! And like the worst is that I have no idea what anyone is saying till they explain it to me and people do not know when I start up with my technological stuff! Communication gap?" Alex sighed as she shook her head, looking out to the lake.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 18:46

"I will try that, it might make it easier" Theresa said excitedly. She stopped when she looked at Lauren. Not passing to second year?
    Oh, the bloody shame of it if she didn't make it into second year while her friends did.
    "Argh, horrid thought, I would hate to not pass into second year" she said when she properly heard what Lauren had said.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 18:49

"I hope I will be able to scrape by too! And here, Theresa, why don't you try it? It will be easier if you try it yourself." Alex said as she rummaged through her bag, throwing everything on the floor and at last coming up with a box of matchsticks that she had no idea she possessed.

"Why don't we all try it? After all we did come here originally for Transfiguration practice."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 18:56

Theresa grinned at the match sticks "alright but I am kind of wondering if I should be worried about you carrying those around and if I should sleep as far away from your dorm as I can" she joked. She closed the book she was looking at and put it to the side on the table in case something happened.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 20:06

"Oh do not be! I did not know I even had them!" Alex said as she shrugged, not bothering to look up from her task of stuffing her stuff back into her bag. "So why do not you give it a try? What can go wrong? I will remove the books." she offered in an innocent voice as she regained her seat.

Post by Guest Mon 23 Aug 2010, 06:45

Theresa rolled her eyes as she grinned at Alexandria, the books would be fine, nothing would happen... she hoped. She picked her bag up and searched through it until she saw her wand and put her bag back down.

"Alrighty then" she muttered to herself as she practised the wand moevements.

Post by Guest Mon 23 Aug 2010, 20:08

"You can do it! Theresa!
    Who can do it? Theresa!
    I did not hear it! Theresa!
    Shout it loud! Theresa!
    There you go! Theresa!"

Alex said, pumping her fists and cheering the said girl on, though in a relatively soft voice. It was after all....the Library. "You GO Girl!"

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 06:14

Theresa laughed as she listened to Alexandra's cheers. "You will be helpful when Quidditch starts" she joked before pointing her wand at the match stick in front of her. "Immuto Acus" she said remembering to clock wise circle and flick with her hand. She looked at the match stick and narrowed her eyes when nothing happened.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 06:16

"Except I will be playing, hopefully!" Alex said as she grinned up at Theresa, "Do not worry gal! You will get it right, the next time, or the next to next time! Thirds the charm, right?" Alex asked airily as she leaned the chair on its two legs.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 06:24

"Hopefully and I will be cheering for you from the library or outside the quidditch pitch" Theresa said.
    She laughed "no offence but that is a terrible joke" she teased, shaking her head.
    "Alright, I will try again then" she said, she thought about what Alexandria had said and smiled. She pictured a match stick which was metal.
    With another swish and mutter of the incantation, the match stick looked slightly different, like the colour had changed a little.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 06:27

"Now that is certainly an improvement, right?" Alex asked, nodding her head enthusiastically and choosing to ignore Theresa's last comment. "Try again! This time you have a better base!" she added, getting out some notes, which she had to study fir the finals.

Post by Guest Thu 26 Aug 2010, 09:00

Theresa looked back at the match stick and pointed her wand at it. "Annoying thing" she said before imagining the colour changing and the end becoming sharp and pointy.

"Immuto Acus" she said, she smiled when the match stick changed. She picked it up, it felt metal.
    "I think I did it" she said before she touched the top of it and frowned.
    "It isnt sharp, it's blunt" she said.

Post by Guest Thu 26 Aug 2010, 19:13

"Well there ARE many types of needles, this could be one of the ones used for...um...uh....embroidery?" Alex said in what she hoped to be a encouraging voice, that, and she really hoped she was correct. Alex tried to hide a smirk as she thought up of all the times her mother had done embroidery and forced her to join her. It was a very boring job and most of the time she had just paid Andrea to do it for her!

Post by Guest Thu 26 Aug 2010, 19:23

Theresa shrugged "It looks more like a needle then a match stick, I suppose that is good" she said. She put the needle, match stick thing back on the table and sighed. "Alright then, maybe I need to read more into it" she said as she pulled a book towards her.

Post by Guest Thu 26 Aug 2010, 19:46

'You should, as should I!" Alex said as she pulled out a book and opened it up to a random page. Basic Remedial Transfiguration! Whats with the exclamation mark? I mean, it was a book on the theory behind transfiguration, with introductions from Professor McGonagall, who in the first sentence only tells you, that as first years, you guys will suck, so study hard!

Way to go for motivation

Post by Guest Thu 26 Aug 2010, 19:49

Theresa smiled as she flipped through the book until she finally found something on changing matchsticks. She looked up and almost laughed at Alex's look of confusion.
    "The book that hard then?" she asked jokingly as she gestured to the book she was reading. She tried to look at i but it was hard to read upside down.

Post by Guest Thu 26 Aug 2010, 19:52

Alex gave a short laugh as she held up the book for Theresa top read, "See the cover, and then the introduction and then the first chapter, which by the way, happens to be on our dear old matchsticks. Then finally, tell me if you got a word of it, if you did, please tell me. Rather, explain or whatever."

Post by Guest Thu 26 Aug 2010, 21:34

Theresa stuck her tongue out at Alex. "Your the one who looked confused at the strange book" she said, grinning as she leaned back in her seat.
    "I was just wondering why it was so confusing, maybe it was in a different language or something" she guessed as she shrugged, it would have been interesting.

Post by Guest Thu 26 Aug 2010, 21:37

"If you call English a third language. Why don't you try it? It has those intensive theory things that sorta make sense when you get the hang of them. Like see this one? it states that if you are not visualizing your needle correctly, or nit wanting and willing to get it to change from a matchstick, you will not get it. Even if you say the spell right." Alex replied innocently.

Post by Guest Thu 26 Aug 2010, 21:45

Theresa pretended to roll her eyes in annoyance as she tried not to laugh. "I am tying that, thank you" she said, scoffing as she crossed her arms.
    She shook her head before she leaned down and stared at the needle "ok, I am visualising... I am visualising... I am visualising..." she continued to chant as she pointed her wand at it.
    "Immuto Acus!" she said, scowling when he grew too long.
    She looked back up at Alex as she put the wand dwn "is there such this as a difected match stick?" she asked hopefully.

Post by Guest Thu 26 Aug 2010, 21:50

Alex laughed as she saw the hopeful look in her companions eyes, "Wait I will check!" she said as she ruffled the pages of the book, taking care not to tear them though. Who knew just exactly how old this book was?

"Ah there! Maybe......the matchstick has too much wood composition making it harder and more taxing for you to transfigure it?" she asked as she analysed the matchstick carefully. She of course, had found nothing, but had made the entire thing up. Oh! The joys!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 17:44